View Poll Results: Is it wrong for 'Kristin' to cash in?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, let her get rich!

    23 62.16%
  • Yes, it's ridiculous

    4 10.81%
  • She should go to jail

    1 2.70%
  • She should move to Montreal

    9 24.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Is it wrong for 'Kristin' to cash in?

  1. #1

    Question Is it wrong for 'Kristin' to cash in?

    Watch this interview:

    http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/ynew...llbars=no'

    Do you think it is wrong for Kristin to cash in on this scandal?

    GG

    P.S. I like that second song, "Move Ya Body".
    Last edited by General Gonad; 03-14-2008 at 04:19 PM.
    "There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
    - Oscar Wilde

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    225

    Talking

    hmm, it's a kinda catchy tune actually
    Making hot sweet love to all your beautiful women

  3. #3
    It's a whole new ballgame
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Where I belong.
    Posts
    6,328
    This should be multiple choice. A & D, here.
    The mounties always get their man.

  4. #4
    You can't be serious on liking her music??? It sounds like every other club crap.

    For a 1000$ per hour is she that good looking?

  5. #5

    Why not? More power to her!

    Can anyone give me one valid reason why it would be wrong for her to take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity? It's not like she manipulated events and set the gov up in order to propel her career. She's getting torrents of humiliating negative attention (Glen Beck was literally screaming "whore!" over images of her on his CNN show last night - imagine what that must have felt like) and I would imagine that half her future career opportunities have now been destroyed, unless she moves to someplace like Estonia. About her music, I actually think that track's an above average example of the genre and it's certainly, in my opinion, more distinctive than what I've heard from the last Gwen Steffani album. Indie music has a near impossible time getting heard by the masses without the support of a major label but I do believe this track would have been a club hit had it been pushed by one of the big players. In any case, it's going to be a big club hit now. And good for her, I say!

  6. #6
    Name Retired.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Her Hot Dreams
    Posts
    2,417
    Hello all,

    One of the ugliest things in modern society is that people who commit crimes too often make money from publication rights for their story. Thieves, murderers, inside traders, sex traders, sports frauds and many others first abuse the law then profit from their abuse. If the public had not reacted so strongly negative to OJ Simpson's book "If I Did It" he would be exploiting a savage murder he most likely committed. It's true that what "Kristin" did is not in the same character as murder, robbery, conspiracy and other "more serious crimes"...if one wants to make distinctions of degrees. But despite the fact that many are dismissive of laws against the sex trade, she was involved through her choice of "professions" in events that affected millions by altering the course of political leadership and all the consequences that might possibly create...good or bad. She and her agency were 50% of the episode that will affect the second most populous state in the U.S. as well as one of the most economically significant entities in the world. If only this was just about sex. It isn't, it's about the welfare of millions because she helped topple a governor and I don't think she should profit from this episode.

    No way,

    Korbel
    Last edited by korbel; 03-16-2008 at 07:52 AM.
    Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!

  7. #7
    Oh yeah, I just love this "Cane Peterson" quote - unquoting Kristin as being a "person" - what a fuckstick, how much were you paid to be Comic boy in Sex in the City with your high moral standards and all! It's fucking sickening to see some guy get up on some all mighty horse and claim he has standards, and how could this quote unquote person - ugh - Nuff said

    And for all the guys who like to shoot their mouths off about her not being all that - look at Monica Lewinsky - looks are only a little piece of the equation, or do you still not get it?

    BTW - the song sucks, but of course, I hate generic pop music, so I am guessing she'll be doing a duo with 50 cent in the next couple of months

    xoxox
    Anik
    Last edited by Just-ass-weet; 03-14-2008 at 10:53 PM.

  8. #8
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,165
    Today's New York Post is reporting she has already made $200,000 from downloads of the songs she put online, and Hustler has offered her $1,000,000 to pose:

    http://www.nypost.com/seven/03152008...ook_102009.htm
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 03-15-2008 at 09:32 AM.

  9. #9
    It's a whole new ballgame
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Where I belong.
    Posts
    6,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbel
    But despite the fact that many are dismissive of laws against the sex trade, she was involved through her choice of "professions" in events that affected millions by altering the course of political leadership and all the consequences that might possibly create...good or bad....
    Arrest her too
    Thank you for the most hypocritical post in the history of merb. If you consider escorting a crime, why do you support them?

    Good for her. Let her cash in, as long as I'm not forced to listen to her pop-pap.
    The mounties always get their man.

  10. #10

    Smile Individual Choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin
    Thank you for the most hypocritical post in the history of merb. If you consider escorting a crime, why do you support them?

    Good for her. Let her cash in, as long as I'm not forced to listen to her pop-pap.
    Rumples and I agree. Miracles.

    Actually it is a matter of individual choice Korbel. No one is forcing you to direct one cent to any of Kristen's endeavors. On the other hand if others wish to do so - so be it.

    Discord in Red Sox nation. Hilarious.

  11. #11
    I am quite surprised that some people are after this poor girl. What wrong she has done? She was just trying to survive in this opportunistic world. It was not her fault that she was caught because she was involved with that governor guy. In my opinion she should go ahead take $ 1 million too. She should not be held responsible if a very very responsible guy acts in a very very irresponsible way. Please, please let her survive.

    WBB

  12. #12
    Name Retired.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Her Hot Dreams
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin
    Thank you for the most hypocritical post in the history of merb. If you consider escorting a crime, why do you support them?

    Good for her. Let her cash in, as long as I'm not forced to listen to her pop-pap.
    Hello Rumples,

    You mean I beat GG, Joe.t, and so many others like you? Happy Birthday to me. Seriously, you live in the U.S. and I am sure you know the law in most states on prostitution in this country. It's not the same in Montreal and I have not hobby in the U.S. since 2003. Yeah it's a fine line, but that's the legal situation.

    You may consider laws against escorting an archaic annoyance. Obviously, you have no qualms about it at all. But let's consider the whole picture. She offered herself as a prostitute/escort/call girl in the U.S., she in all likelihood never paid anything like the due taxes on what she made, and she was duplicitous in violating the Mann Act. Now you may consider all of that, in your moral comfort, something incidental to her "innocent escorting". But the real consequences of her "innocent" activities are far reaching and with great possible impact. Generally, illegal escorting may be a small vice and an out dated one to you, but this time the impact was huge and to imply "Kristen" deserves none of the blame is ridiculous.

    To Just-ass-weet: obviously we all know looks aren't everything. But no one is worth $2000-$4000 per hour with a six hours minimum.

    Toodles,

    Korbel
    Last edited by korbel; 03-16-2008 at 07:52 AM.
    Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!

  13. #13

    Arrow Call girl laments use of exotic photos

    Call girl laments use of exotic photos

    By COLLEEN LONG, Associated Press Writer1 hour, 36 minutes ago

    The lawyer for the call girl linked to the downfall of Gov. Eliot Spitzer lashed out at the media on Friday for thrusting the 22-year-old woman into the "public glare" without her consent and publishing revealing photos.

    Since her identity was disclosed, newspapers and Web sites have splashed photos of Ashley Alexandra Dupre in suggestive poses on front and inside pages. Dupre was known as "Kristen" in court documents accusing Spitzer of paying thousands for prostitutes' services.

    Her attorney, Don D. Buchwald, said she did not consent to the use of her photos in this manner, and the usage may be a violation of federal copyright laws. He said the photos have appeared on commercial Web sites without her consent.

    Buchwald stopped short of saying Dupre would sue media outlets, but he contended that she is not a public figure and said he would take "all steps that we deem necessary or appropriate to protect Ms. Dupre from any unwarranted exploitation of her name, picture, voice or likeness for purposes of profit."

    He did not specify the publications to which he was referring. The New York Post ran four photos Friday in which Dupre, topless, barely covers her breasts, as well as two other images of her scantily clad. The pictures, credited in the paper to Wesley Mann at Contact Press Images, have become an Internet sensation. The Post had no comment on Buchwald's statement.

    The Daily News of New York also published a photo in which Dupre appears to be topless, but it wasn't clear where the image came from. The Daily News did not return calls seeking comment Friday.

    Other media outlets, including The New York Times and The Associated Press, published other images that were from Dupre's MySpace page. The AP distributed three of those images, in one of which she is wearing a bikini, and issued a disclaimer authorizing the use of the photos only with reports or commentary on the Spitzer scandal. The photos were also restricted from commercial sale.

    "The Associated Press discussed the photos obtained from the MySpace page in great detail and found that they were newsworthy," said Associated Press National Photo Editor V.W. Vaughan. "We distributed the photos that were relevant to the story. Those photos did not show nudity, nor were they explicit."

    The Times did not return calls seeking comment.

    Spitzer resigned earlier this week amid the prostitution scandal. The married father of three teenage girls was accused of spending tens of thousands of dollars on prostitutes — including a tryst with the call girl "Kristen" in Washington the night before Valentine's Day. Lt. Gov. David Paterson is taking his place on Monday.

    Buchwald said the montage of Dupre's suggestive photos has nothing to do with the Spitzer story.

    "While the circumstances surrounding Governor Spitzer's resignation are newsworthy, some publications, in violation of journalistic norms, have used the occasion of Gov. Spitzer's political misfortunes as an excuse to exploit Ms. Dupre's persona for commercial purposes," he said.

    But media interest in Dupre still swirled. Hustler Publisher Larry Flynt told the AP Friday that he had e-mailed Dupre, offering her $1 million to pose nude for his magazine. He said he hadn't heard back.

    "It will be something that will very tastefully done," Flynt said of the proposed photo spread, but he added that Dupre would have to appear completely naked and not just topless.

    "Hustler readers don't like to compromise," he said. "They want the whole enchilada."

    Flynt acknowledged he wasn't sure whether Dupre would accept, adding she is likely being approached with offers from other men's magazines, as well as book publishers and other media.

    Media outlets had been camped outside her apartment in Manhattan's Flatiron district for days. A spokesman for her building issued a statement Thursday night saying she was not there and indicated Dupre's fellow tenants — who pay $6,595 for two-bedroom apartments — were fed up with the media circus and curiosity-seekers.

    ___

    Associated Press writer John Rogers contributed to this report from Los Angeles.
    "There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
    - Oscar Wilde

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    Today's New York Post is reporting she has already made $200,000 from downloads of the songs she put online, and Hustler has offered her $1,000,000 to pose:
    EB,

    I have a legal question for you. Can the IRS seize her gains since she is clearly profiting from her notorious reputation as the call girl that had sex with Eliot Spitzer? I have a feeling they are going to go after her gains. The way I see it, the media is profiting off her so why shouldn't she profit off them?

    GG
    "There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
    - Oscar Wilde

  15. #15
    Name Retired.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Her Hot Dreams
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by General Gonad
    Call girl laments use of exotic photos

    By COLLEEN LONG, Associated Press Writer1 hour, 36 minutes ago

    The lawyer for the call girl linked to the downfall of Gov. Eliot Spitzer lashed out at the media on Friday for thrusting the 22-year-old woman into the "public glare" without her consent and publishing revealing photos.

    Since her identity was disclosed, newspapers and Web sites have splashed photos of Ashley Alexandra Dupre in suggestive poses on front and inside pages. Dupre was known as "Kristen" in court documents accusing Spitzer of paying thousands for prostitutes' services.

    Her attorney, Don D. Buchwald, said she did not consent to the use of her photos in this manner, and the usage may be a violation of federal copyright laws. He said the photos have appeared on commercial Web sites without her consent.

    Buchwald stopped short of saying Dupre would sue media outlets, but he contended that she is not a public figure and said he would take "all steps that we deem necessary or appropriate to protect Ms. Dupre from any unwarranted exploitation of her name, picture, voice or likeness for purposes of profit."

    He did not specify the publications to which he was referring. The New York Post ran four photos Friday in which Dupre, topless, barely covers her breasts, as well as two other images of her scantily clad. The pictures, credited in the paper to Wesley Mann at Contact Press Images, have become an Internet sensation. The Post had no comment on Buchwald's statement.

    The Daily News of New York also published a photo in which Dupre appears to be topless, but it wasn't clear where the image came from. The Daily News did not return calls seeking comment Friday.

    Other media outlets, including The New York Times and The Associated Press, published other images that were from Dupre's MySpace page. The AP distributed three of those images, in one of which she is wearing a bikini, and issued a disclaimer authorizing the use of the photos only with reports or commentary on the Spitzer scandal. The photos were also restricted from commercial sale.

    "The Associated Press discussed the photos obtained from the MySpace page in great detail and found that they were newsworthy," said Associated Press National Photo Editor V.W. Vaughan. "We distributed the photos that were relevant to the story. Those photos did not show nudity, nor were they explicit."

    The Times did not return calls seeking comment.

    Spitzer resigned earlier this week amid the prostitution scandal. The married father of three teenage girls was accused of spending tens of thousands of dollars on prostitutes — including a tryst with the call girl "Kristen" in Washington the night before Valentine's Day. Lt. Gov. David Paterson is taking his place on Monday.

    Buchwald said the montage of Dupre's suggestive photos has nothing to do with the Spitzer story.

    "While the circumstances surrounding Governor Spitzer's resignation are newsworthy, some publications, in violation of journalistic norms, have used the occasion of Gov. Spitzer's political misfortunes as an excuse to exploit Ms. Dupre's persona for commercial purposes," he said.


    But media interest in Dupre still swirled. Hustler Publisher Larry Flynt told the AP Friday that he had e-mailed Dupre, offering her $1 million to pose nude for his magazine. He said he hadn't heard back.

    "It will be something that will very tastefully done," Flynt said of the proposed photo spread, but he added that Dupre would have to appear completely naked and not just topless.

    "Hustler readers don't like to compromise," he said. "They want the whole enchilada."

    Flynt acknowledged he wasn't sure whether Dupre would accept, adding she is likely being approached with offers from other men's magazines, as well as book publishers and other media.

    Media outlets had been camped outside her apartment in Manhattan's Flatiron district for days. A spokesman for her building issued a statement Thursday night saying she was not there and indicated Dupre's fellow tenants — who pay $6,595 for two-bedroom apartments — were fed up with the media circus and curiosity-seekers.

    ___

    Associated Press writer John Rogers contributed to this report from Los Angeles.
    Hello GG,

    Now that's hypocrisy. She wants all the benefits her new dubious fame brings, but none of the consequences because she is in effect an innocent girl caught up in Spitzer's vices. Now she wants the law to protect her rights though her "profession" itself violated the law. That's so cute. Well Buchwald, she's a public figure now.

    Cheers,

    Korbel
    Last edited by korbel; 03-15-2008 at 10:58 AM.
    Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •