Thread: Queue de Cheval - Seafood

Queue de Cheval - Seafood

What is your favorite seafood restaurant downtown? Yes, I know this is a steak place, but they have great seafood. Usually stay at Marriott or Sheraton and prefer to walk to dinner. Tried Ferreira Café a few times and like the food, but do not enjoy a restaurant where they act as though they are doing me a favor finding a spot for me to spend money. Like quality.

Fish and seafood

Do you try Milos on Park Avenue ?

(even more expensive than Queue de Cheval)

I second that... Milos is among the best seafood in town. It can be more pricey the Queue but depends what you order. Doesn't have to be.

I do love that seafood appetizer platter at Queue de Cheval though... I believe it's meant for 4 or 6 people... Just huge and SO good.

Maestro SVP on St Laurent is also good for seafood. They specialize in oysters and mussells...

BD

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Dover
    I do love that seafood appetizer platter at Queue de Cheval though... I believe it's meant for 4 or 6 people... Just huge and SO good.
    Is it hot or cold? What's in it? Can it be shared by 2 as a main course (i.e. is it large enough)? What's the price?
    Last edited by chef; 04-01-2008 at 03:43 PM.

I think it's called the "neptune" or something like that... It's cold. A huge platter with crushed ice... We shared with 6 people for a business dinner, but come to think of it, you might be able to get a smaller size, or if you went with that size for 2 people it would probably be a full meal. I'm sure I'm leaving something out but I remember the following: a number of large rock lobster tails, many great big lobster claws, lots of oysters and scallops on the half shell and plenty of jumbo (if not collosal) shrimp... Jeez am I making myself HUNGRY right now...

I don't remember the price, but I have no doubt it had to be couple hundred bucks...

BD

Quote Originally Posted by chadnyc
    Tried Ferreira Café a few times and like the food, but do not enjoy a restaurant where they act as though they are doing me a favor finding a spot for me to spend money. Like quality.
    I tried Ferreira Cafe once. Had a nice sardine appetizer, followed by their version of paella (I think they called it Portuguese rice). It was more like soup; did not enjoy it at all.

Alot of celebrities have also been seen dinning at Milos

I also like Elounda on cote vertu for seafood

Sounds like Milo's is the place to try. Appreciate the recommendation.

Was in Toronto last nite and had dinner at Starfish (Adelaide). Best Oysters I've had in a long time. Patrick is the owner and award winning shucker, sit at the bar and you will have a great time.