Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Toronto wins game 1 - for the HABS

  1. #1

    Toronto wins game 1 - for the HABS

    Replay clearly showed the blade of Kovalev's stick make contact with the puck as he swatted it down...his stick blades hits the top of the cross bar...but Toronto rules it didn't hit his stick???

    Q: Since when is a shoulder check called kneeing in the NHL?
    A: When Montreal is the last Canadian team left in the NHL Playoffs and there's only 1:09 left in the game.

    Enjoy that one my friends... I can't see the officials giving you two goals every game.

  2. #2
    So us Philly folks always here crap about us booing our team when they don't play well but I certainly heard lots of boos from you HABS fans in the third period and NO DANNY BRIERE WASN'T ON THE ICE AT THE TIME...

    It was also nice of whoever threw the drink at Richards in the penalty box for a clean shoulder check that he got penalized for...

    I guess their are idiots in every city, since Washington fans threw crap on the ICE and hit Jeff Carter at the end of game 7.

    It just doesn't get the TV coverage it would get if it happened in Philly.

  3. #3

    Philly whiner

    Unless Richards' shoulder is located below his waist that was obvious kneeing. Conspiracy theories are for losers and paranoid personalities.

  4. #4
    Fans pay money to see the game if they want to boo they have

    every right to just not during the national anthem. Thats not cool

    Quote Originally Posted by jackd1959

    It was also nice of whoever threw the drink at Richards in the penalty box for a clean shoulder check that he got penalized for...
    The act did deserve a penalty but a nearby fan throwing his beer

    on him was classless. Hope he got ejected

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jackd1959

    Enjoy that one my friends... I can't see the officials giving you two goals every game.
    Not as much as you guys enjoyed getting the game 7 tying goal where Huet

    was run over and left the net wide open for you guys to score.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by master_bates
    Not as much as you guys enjoyed getting the game 7 tying goal where Huet

    was run over and left the net wide open for you guys to score.

    HUET was run over by his own guy...

  7. #7

    No whinning here it was a great game

    Quote Originally Posted by anatomy
    Unless Richards' shoulder is located below his waist that was obvious kneeing. Conspiracy theories are for losers and paranoid personalities.

    You need to go look at the reply again... Richards knee NEVER touched Kovalez... it was his shoulder that drilled Kovalev...Kovalev lifted his leg to try to avoid the hit (he didn't dive...just tried to avoid contact) but Richards burried his shoulder into Kovalev's chest.

    It's a shame you need that victory sooo much that you fail to admit the truth about a good solid check.

    It was a great game played by two very good teams...it's just a shame the NHL officials are so inept.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by master_bates
    Fans pay money to see the game if they want to boo they have

    every right to just not during the national anthem. Thats not cool



    The act did deserve a penalty but a nearby fan throwing his beer

    on him was classless. Hope he got ejected

    I agree that FANS have a right to BOO thier team if they feel their team isn't putting out enough effort...the only reason I pointed that out is because so of the folks on this board where ripping Philly for doing that claiming that HABS FANS WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO THEIR TEAM...so much for that claim!!!

    I had heard that the US National Anthem got booed but since I didn't hear it myself I didn't believe it unitl you confirmed it here. THAT IS CLASSLESS...unfortunaltely, they'll be some idiots in PHILLY that will want to do the same thing in retaliation now...

  9. #9
    The Kovalev goal was close, his blade hit the crossbar but he hit the puck with his stick. The initial call could have gone either way. And you can't blame the Toronto review on that one because, regardless of the initial call, there was no conclusive evidence to overturn it.

    And the Richard penalty was as blatant as they get. While he did catch Kovalev with his shoulder, he also stuck both his knee and his stick out and did catch part of Kovalev's knee. That's going to get called every time. Heck, even Mike Milbury on TSN, which certainly cannot be accused of beeing pro-Habs, said it was a penalty.

    And I have to laugh at coach Stevens who said in his post game comments that his team didn't get any breaks. Hello? Two of your three goals were pure luck. Brière made the most sense by saying it was a strange game and that both teams got lucky breaks.

    Blaming the refs is for losers.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jackd1959
    HUET was run over by his own guy...

    Ok, I have no idea who you are, but I have to admit you are the most dillusional guy I know! I don't even know where to start with all the crap you just said!

    You keep talking about looking at the replays, how about you look at one for a change. The 2nd goal vs Washington in game 7 CLEARLY was a penalty. He pushed the washington D into Huet. There is absolutely no doubt about it. They even admitted they screwed up on the call!

    As for the penalty last night, I wouldn't say its a clear call, but NO WAY does Richards hit Kovalev with his shoulder. You look at the replays, its playing on TSN right now, and you see Richards' KNEE hit Kovalev. You want to call it tripping, knee on knee, whatever, but it's a penalty!!
    As for the 2 habs goal, they never said Kovalev didn't score it. They gave him the goal, so obviously he touched it. The real question is "Where did he touch it?" and there are no conclusive camera angles that show where. The initial call was a goal, so they can't change it!

    On the other hand, I do agree with you for the booing. I hate Montreal for that... Most of the time the fans at the games are retards... Between telling the players to shoot when they shouldn't, booing all the time, and the riots, I can't really say we are the best "rolemodel" fans out there... The fans that really impressed me where the ones from Minnesota. I watched their series vs Colorado, and the fans were great, hats off to them!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBob
    The Kovalev goal was close, his blade hit the crossbar but he hit the puck with his stick. The initial call could have gone either way. And you can't blame the Toronto review on that one because, regardless of the initial call, there was no conclusive evidence to overturn it.

    And the Richard penalty was as blatant as they get. While he did catch Kovalev with his shoulder, he also stuck both his knee and his stick out and did catch part of Kovalev's knee. That's going to get called every time. Heck, even Mike Milbury on TSN, which certainly cannot be accused of beeing pro-Habs, said it was a penalty.

    And I have to laugh at coach Stevens who said in his post game comments that his team didn't get any breaks. Hello? Two of your three goals were pure luck. Brière made the most sense by saying it was a strange game and that both teams got lucky breaks.

    Blaming the refs is for losers.
    NOT BLAMING THE REFS...just pointing out that you won't get two goals every game from blown calls...there is a slight differance.

    I guess the replays in the US are clearer...as a still frame showed the puck contacted Kovalev's "stick blade" not the shaft...and then showed Kovalev's stick blade land on top of the cross bar.

    The replay of Richards kneeing penalty clearly showed that his knee NEVER made contact with Kovalev at all...

    Bottom line was that it was a very cleanly played and competitive game. Considering it was the Flyers third game in four nights it doesn't bode well for the HABS. I expect the FLYERS to come out with much more energy on Saturday.

    It was nice to see the HABS hit the post twice in this one...we did that three times against Washington...Briere was right...the FLYERS blew another two goal lead which is the third time in eight games. You can't do that and expect to win.

    I do think this will be a good series.

    Unfortunately some jackass in Philly will launch a drink at the HABS penalty box or bench when they come back to Philly Monday night in retaliation for doing that to Richards...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlman2005
    Ok, I have no idea who you are, but I have to admit you are the most dillusional guy I know! I don't even know where to start with all the crap you just said!

    You keep talking about looking at the replays, how about you look at one for a change. The 2nd goal vs Washington in game 7 CLEARLY was a penalty. He pushed the washington D into Huet. There is absolutely no doubt about it. They even admitted they screwed up on the call!
    If as you say "checking a defenseman onto his backside when he is playing the puck and that defensmen falls into the goalie taking him out of the play" is a penalty then the Washington series was over in four games. Washington did the exact same thing in game one and scored because Biron couldn't get over to the puck while under his own defensmen in the crease... HUET was out of the crease.

    Like I said in my previous post...we must have better replay equipment.

  13. #13
    Here http://youtube.com/watch?v=8DvCDZm1u4U Watch ONLY the first 5 seconds. Just here I can call you a liar on 2 counts!! Huet CLEARLY in the crease! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!! And then Thorensen (don't know how to spell his name) hits the Dman after the puck is passed him!! No way was he trying to play the puck. His intend maybe wasn't to hit the player onto the goalie, but you still get penalties for things you didn't want to do...

    So, your amazing replay equipment, you know what you can do with them, because clearly your not looking at them right!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlman2005
    Here http://youtube.com/watch?v=8DvCDZm1u4U Watch ONLY the first 5 seconds. Just here I can call you a liar on 2 counts!! Huet CLEARLY in the crease! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!! And then Thorensen (don't know how to spell his name) hits the Dman after the puck is passed him!! No way was he trying to play the puck. His intend maybe wasn't to hit the player onto the goalie, but you still get penalties for things you didn't want to do...

    So, your amazing replay equipment, you know what you can do with them, because clearly your not looking at them right!
    WOW...you need to get your eyes checked my friend as that puck is right at the DMAN's feet when Thoresen makes contact with the defensemen...Thoresen NEVER touched HUET...no goalie interference. It isn't inteference on the d-man because the d-man playted the puck...click on the pause button and maybe even in this granular video you'll see that contact was made well within the rules...

    http://www.nhl.com/hockeyu/rulebook/rule78.html

    The revised crease rule is intended to implement a "no harm, no foul, no video review" standard. The rule is based on the premise that an attacking player's position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed - i.e., goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper's ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates more than incidental contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgement of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.
    Last edited by jackd1959; 04-25-2008 at 02:01 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jackd1959
    NOT BLAMING THE REFS...just pointing out that you won't get two goals every game from blown calls...there is a slight differance.

    I guess the replays in the US are clearer...as a still frame showed the puck contacted Kovalev's "stick blade" not the shaft...and then showed Kovalev's stick blade land on top of the cross bar.

    The replay of Richards kneeing penalty clearly showed that his knee NEVER made contact with Kovalev at all...
    The only place the replays are "clearer" is in your mind.

    1. The INITIAL call on Kovalev's goal could have gone either way. There was NO CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE on any angle on any replay to overturn the call.

    2. The Richard's hit was CLEARLY a penalty. HE CLEARLY stuck both his knee and his stick out and CLEARLY (see side view) caught part of Kovalev's knee. This is as obvious a penalty as you can get.

    These were by no means "blown calls". Everybody agrees with the above except biased Flyers fans...

    Oh, and you're not going to get 2 lucky goals every game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •