Thread: Gas price going to $2.25

Gas price going to $2.25

We are unable to increase oil production, while the Chinese and Indians drive more, and some governments nationalize oil fields. Result:

http://lcn.canoe.ca/lcn/infos/nation...24-152647.html

Watch this the U.S is going to accuse Venezuela of either having weapons of mass destruction or of hiding Osama Bin Laden, I smell another invasion.

Yep, it's inevitable. The only hope is that it'll force people to develop RAPIDLY alternative fuels and modes of energy, all less polluting!

Yeah and once venezuela done they gonna probably look up for alberta

I am me, too!
    How many SUV are still sold each year? Most will never even see a dirt road! The real meaning of SUV? Stupid Useless Vehicles.

How many peoples insist on driving 4X4 because of "our Canadian winters" but don't even put 4 winter tires? My front wheels drive with winter tires fare better than any 4X4 with 4 seasons in snow.

How many minivans and such belongs to older peoples who are NEVER more than 2 inside? You ferry more peoples once in a while? RENT a minivan for a few days!

How many peoples drive a pick-up truck when the most they'll ever carry is grocery bags? You carry bigger items once in a while? RENT for a few days.

How many peoples drive vehicles with big engine when the most use they have for it is driving around town? You drive in the city all the time, get a Yaris or a Fit and RENT a bigger car when you go out of town.

The absolute in the "useless" department? Those Cadillac Escalade, Hummers and such. Those should be illegal for the "public market". Even better, the Escalade and such have no purpose at all besides projecting a "status". At least the Hummer can take a beating!

So peoples, complaining about gas price while not giving a damn about fuel consumption is kind of pointless, don't you think?

When I bought my last car, I had the option of a V6 or a 4 for same price, depending if I took the one on the lot or ordered. I took the 4. Why can't peoples think more about long term and practical side instead of "power" and "status"?
    Last edited by metoo4; 04-25-2008 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metoo4
    How many SUV are still sold each year? Most will never even see a dirt road! The real meaning of SUV? Stupid Useless Vehicles.

How many peoples insist on driving 4X4 because of "our Canadian winters" but don't even put 4 winter tires? My front wheels drive with winter tires fare better than any 4X4 with 4 seasons in snow.

How many minivans and such belongs to older peoples who are NEVER more than 2 inside? You ferry more peoples once in a while? RENT a minivan for a few days!

How many peoples drive a pick-up truck when the most they'll ever carry is grocery bags? You carry bigger items once in a while? RENT for a few days.

How many peoples drive vehicles with big engine when the most use they have for it is driving around town? You drive in the city all the time, get a Yaris or a Fit and RENT a bigger car when you go out of town.

The absolute in the "useless" department? Those Cadillac Escalade, Hummers and such. Those should be illegal for the "public market". Even better, the Escalade and such have no purpose at all besides projecting a "status". At least the Hummer can take a beating!

So peoples, complaining about gas price while not giving a damn about fuel consumption is kind of pointless, don't you think?

When I bought my last car, I had the option of a V6 or a 4 for same price, depending if I took the one on the lot or ordered. I took the 4. Why can't peoples think more about long term and practical side instead of "power" and "status"?
    Well said! I could not agree with you more!

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

wow

theres 4 liters in a gallon isnt there?,, fuck that means u guys pay $10 a gallon!!! thats insane

Retired veteran hobbyist
    I'm surprised the agencies haven't yet brought up their rates to cope with the higher cost of gasoline. Must be tough to be a driver these days.

Quote Originally Posted by cpp433
    theres 4 liters in a gallon isnt there?,, fuck that means u guys pay $10 a gallon!!! thats insane
    That would be imperial gallons. US gallons are smaller . so it is:

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litres

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

When it hits 5 bucks a litre we'll all be wishing it was as "cheap" as it is now. I've clocked 4500 KM in April and figure I might as well drive now before it hits $1.40+ this summer.

Pimpin' ain't easy...
    Quote Originally Posted by hormone
    Yep, it's inevitable. The only hope is that it'll force people to develop RAPIDLY alternative fuels and modes of energy, all less polluting!
    Yup they call it BMW...Bus Metro Walk, STM will soon have diesel-hybrid buses, 30% less fuel and 50% less emissions, and there is a tramway project too
    You know "that look" women get when they want sex? Me neither. - Steve Martin