Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Pallins 17-year old daughter chooses her first husband!

Sarah Pallins 17-year old daughter chooses her first husband!

wow - 17 years old pregnant and unwed with all the media attention of a mother running for Vice-President

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,1157813.story

Name Retired.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB
    wow - 17 years old pregnant and unwed with all the media attention of a mother running for Vice-President

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,1157813.story
    Hello JLB,

Tsk, tsk, tsk...a God-fearing, family values, morally righteous mom who failed to protect her daughter's virtue. Now what will the conservative moralists think of that???

Uh-oh,

Korbel
    Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!

Quote Originally Posted by Korbel
    Hello JLB,

Tsk, tsk, tsk...a God-fearing, family values, morally righteous mom who failed to protect her daughter's virtue. Now what will the conservative moralists think of that???

Uh-oh,

Korbel

it ought to be a good ice-breaker for conversations at the GOP convention. "So did you hear ...."

I wonder if they didn't have safe sex because they were taught abstinence! People who preach abstinence as a form of birth control make claims like "condoms don't work". So the kids will have sex anyways and get pregnant or worse. The first thing that sprung to my mind would be "Didn't this woman educate her daughter?". I guess we know what the answer to that is!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxima
    I bet Palin will be next vice president.

Talking about trash...how about the Clintons with all of their lies and sexual misconduct? And see how the democrats still workship the ground they walk on.

Thats not the same. See if the story that came out was that Sarah Palin had cheated on her husband in the past I really would not care.
    Last edited by rollingstone; 09-01-2008 at 11:36 PM.

Retired veteran hobbyist

Talking about trash...how about the Clintons with all of their lies and sexual misconduct? And see how the democrats still workship the ground they walk on.
    How much do you wanna bet? I'll bet you $100 right now. If you want to increase it, let me know. I just need an answer & it's a done deal.

I don't give a crap if Clinton got blown by a fat pig while in the WH. I don't care if he gets blown every week. Sure they lied...all politicians lie. Is that news to you??

I wonder... if you looked up their family tree I wouldn't be surprised to find that they're related to the Britney Spears clan.

White trash...pregnant 17 year olds...future shotgun weddings...

Damn!! I nominate Britney for VP when Palin becomes POTUS after McCain dies during the first Presidential polar bear hunt.

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Name Retired.

Hello Maxima,

If she is so what. Look at that idiot Bush. He's President. So what. Being President didn't make him worthy or great. He's still just a moron run by Cheney and Rove. And Palin will still be a sad McCain submission to the same old conservatives who have imperiled the economy and safety of the U.S. for 8 years.

Cheers,

Korbel
    Last edited by korbel; 09-02-2008 at 12:34 AM.
    Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!

has canada on speed dial
    Hello JLB,

Uh-oh,

Korbel
    apparently, those Christian groups are practically drooling over each other in praise for the family supported her fallen daughter. Boy, if that was Obama daughter being preggers, they would be just talking about the 'sin' his daugther committed.

You don't have to call the child anything. Like you, I am no lover of the Republican party, the religious right, or hypocrisy. However, there are a lot of people with Down Syndrome I work with and have grown to love, and my life would be very different if I did not know them. While I don't know what choice I would have made had I walked in her shoes, her choice to have that baby proves nothing about her. Hope she doesn't become VP, but I hope people like you who make snap judgements about the worth of a person you've never met before changes, eventually, should the Republicans win this round.

has canada on speed dial
    I have no problem with Palin having a fifth child. But, as a possible public servant, there will be a time she will need to put country before family and I don't know if she is ready to make such a decision. Of course, if the other party wins, we won't have to worry about that.

Name Retired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery
    You don't have to call the child anything. Like you, I am no lover of the Republican party, the religious right, or hypocrisy. However, there are a lot of people with Down Syndrome I work with and have grown to love, and my life would be very different if I did not know them. While I don't know what choice I would have made had I walked in her shoes, her choice to have that baby proves nothing about her. Hope she doesn't become VP, but I hope people like you who make snap judgements about the worth of a person you've never met before changes, eventually, should the Republicans win this round.
    Hello Slippery,

"but I hope people...who make snap judgements about the worth of a person you've never met before changes".

Bravo! Frankly, I've known a lot of so-called "normal people" who are far less of a value to society. I have never met a Down's person who wasn't intelligent, caring, and a lot more compassionate about people than the general public.

Cheers,

Korbel
    Last edited by korbel; 09-02-2008 at 01:20 AM.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    I have never met a Down's person who wasn't more intelligent than the general public.
    Well sadly, i have. The large majority of the time.

But i'll admit one thing....i'll be the majority of people with Down's never would have voted for George W. Bush twice in two elections!! I'm still scratching my head over how the American people could have voted for him again in 2004. This is totally mind-boggling!!! Geez, who knows...with that rationale, maybe the conservative white trash beauty queen might wind up in the oval office after all!!

p.s. I'm wondering if people here are not confusing Down's Syndrome with Autism. They're totally different from one another.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 09-02-2008 at 01:12 AM.

Curious,
    Well said!
    Not to harp on the baby, but "Doc," an individual with Down (not Down's) Syndrome does not necessarily struggle every day. They may be more likely to have compromised health, die younger, get Alzheimer's at an earlier age, and the behavioral phenotype seems to indicate that depression during adult years is more common than ever previously realized. Nonetheless, there is much joy in their lives, despite needing supervision and help on a daily basis. Korbel, thank you for your support. However, to keep it real, let's remember their intelligence is by definition limited. I do agree they can be much more caring and compassionate. (Autism - that's a struggle). Enough has been said on this topic. The point that that Sarah was a bad choice seems agreed by all, with her decision to have this baby irrelevant to that point.
    Finally, Doc, next time you meet a parent who CHOSE to have a baby with a known disability, think twice about your own worth to society.

You have to feel sorry for Bristol... she finds herself in a difficult situation with the whole world looking through her bedroom window.

You wonder how free her choices were to continue to carry the pregnancy and to get married to the putative father. What are the odds the marriage will succeed??? ...and yet, if we search long and hard, I'm sure we could find a board member or two whose marriage didn't succeed as well.

In any event, its a tough start for a young family...

Family values??? Sometimes it appears to me that those who trumpet them the most, respect them the least... I saw a blogger who made the point that the "VP" might want to stay home and nurture her own young family including the son with the problems and her daughter who will have her grandchild...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast