9 31.03%
  • No

20 68.97%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Down Goes BRADY.....

You give Love..A BAD NAME

Down Goes BRADY.....

Brady injured for Patriots

Bad, bad news for Patriots Nation. Quarterback Tom Brady went down with an apparent left knee injury early in the first quarter against the Kansas City Chiefs. Brady stepped up in the pocket to make a throw, and stepped into Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard, who was down on the field in front of him. Brady’s left knee collided with Pollard, buckled, and he went down holding the area immediately below his kneecap.

Brady was helped up off the field, and walked gingerly with the help of trainers to the sideline. He was later led down a staircase into Gillette Stadium by team personnel. Backup QB Matt Cassel replaced Brady on the Patriots’ next drive.

PATRIOTS up 7-0
    2nd QTR - 3-8 KC10 (11:49) (Shotgun) M.Cassel pass short middle to R.Moss for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN. NE 81-Moss 126th career TD, tying Jim Brown for 8th all-time. 125th career TD reception, 4th all-time.
    Matt is 5/6 73 Yards 1 TD

Quote Originally Posted by Korbel
    Hello Robert 21,

You are acting like Joe.t.....

Korbel
    WOW, thanks for your Input..........

FIRST, I LOVE all of the 4 Boston Pro Teams.

SECOND, I wanted to know What others may think.....

Thanks!
    Have a Super Day!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert 21
    SECOND, I wanted to know What others may think.....
    this is what i think...

Ouch!! This could be very, very bad for the Patriots season. MRI tomorrow should let us all know what the deal is. I'm thinking season ending ligament damage but keeping my fingers crossed that it's not.

I saw a report on NESN (or was it ESPN?) tonight that Bernard Pollard immediately went to Brady to see if he was OK & to apologize, but Brady didn't hear him... Brady was screaming in pain too loudly!
    "No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being."
    -Ansel Adams

Veteran of Misadventures
    It's really tough for any team to lose their starting QB, and Cassel with his streak of 17 possessions with no TDs in the preseason, which almost got him cut, does not inspire confidence. Look at what happened to the Eagles when McNabb was hurt the last 3 seasons. 2 of the last 3 seasons, the Eagles finished in last place without a healthy McNabb. Now he is healthy and the Eagles are again being considered Super Bowl contenders.

I really think the Patriots should have done what the Giants did, which was to fortify their backup QB situation. Even before Brady hurt his knee he was getting banged up end of last season which apparently carried over into the preseason. The Patriots could have gone out and gotten David Carr or Byron Leftwich or some other seasoned QB. If Brady's knee ligament is torn as I suspect, I really feel as though the Patriots organization was very negligent leaving the team exposed to Matt Cassel having to take over. Part of the problem is that Belichik likes guys who know his system and does not want to bring in an older dog and have to teach them new tricks. We will soon find out, I think, whether it was wise to keep Cassel rather than getting one of these other guys earlier in training camp. Daunte Culpepper also could have been signed for almost nothing, and he is only 31. Maybe they can lure him out of retirement but I read his retirement letter and I kind of doubt it.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 09-07-2008 at 11:45 PM.

Succeeding is defined as winning the Superbowl, second place is first loser!

Retired veteran hobbyist

NFL Network reports that Tom Brady is done for the year

It's just been reported by the NFL Network that Brady's season is indeed over. Will we see Vinnie Testaverde in a Pats uniform? Doug Flutie? Steve Grogan?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Devastating news!!!

NFL network reports Brady gone for the year and the Pats will be bringing in none other than the great Chris Simms for a try out, it was rumored that Belicheat spent hours and hours last night studying his cheat sheet trying to come up with more ways in a desperate attempt to win football games for the rest of the season.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/07/brad...-for-patriots/

Go Bills and Jets!!!
    Last edited by Joe.t; 09-08-2008 at 11:43 AM.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Star-Man,

The Patriots' schedule looks easy, but I am thinking 9-7 or 10-6 might be a more realistic projection. We have seen from the Chicago Bears and the Philadelphia Eagles' performances in recent years that it is essential to have a good and healthy starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    Star-Man,

The Patriots' schedule looks easy, but I am thinking 9-7 or 10-6 might be a more realistic projection. We have seen from the Chicago Bears and the Philadelphia Eagles' performances in recent years that it is essential to have a good and healthy starting QB.
    Actually the last time the Pats had a significant qb injury it was when Bledsoe got hurt and that's when Brady was discovered, if not for the injury to Bledsoe who knows what kind of career Brady would have had, who knows maybe Cassell is the next Brady.
    Last edited by Joe.t; 09-08-2008 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.t
    who knows maybe Cassell is next Brady.
    Und, the prognosticator Joe T. is the next Jimmy the Greek.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe.t
    Actually the last time the Pats had a significant qb injury it was when Bledsoe got hurt and that's when Brady was discovered, if not for the injury to Bledsoe who knows what kind of career Brady would have had, who knows maybe Cassell is next Brady.
    I doubt it. Even the Patriots don't think so & proof of this is that they've already sent invitations to several unsigned QBs for tryouts. I wonder if they have money left in the cap to sign any prominent retired or unsigned QBs (e.g. Daunte Culpepper, etc). Press conference at 3pm today.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    I doubt it. Even the Patriots don't think so & proof of this is that they've already sent invitations to several unsigned QBs for tryouts. I wonder if they have money left in the cap to sign any prominent retired or unsigned QBs (e.g. Daunte Culpepper, etc). Press conference at 3pm today.

I'm hearing Doug Flutie.
    Last edited by Joe.t; 09-08-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast