Thread: laptop=camcorder

Question laptop=camcorder

i was wondering something...i just bought myself a laptop this week...
    http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...85&catid=25316

and i try to install my camcorder..that is a sony HDR-SR7..sorry i dont find the link in sony site...

so i try to install the cd..but my laptop..after everything was install(that is weird cause everything went fine)..said to me..restart the computer..i did(still fine)..and BOUM..nothing..and my laptop froze and begin to make problem etc.....etc....didnt want to start never...

so i finally read my disk option and saw that it was compatible with windows vista..BUT..it didnt support the 64 bit for computer.. so i went and fix up my computer again..and after..the guy told me that is why the problem accure...ok ok i try to contact sony..but no response yet..so a person told me if i want to convert my video to mpeg..he would suggest me to buy pinacle studio for hd..=100$...
    so the thing is..i am mad a bite that sony doesnt make the cd for 64 bit..and also do you have a suggestion for the result..thanks
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

If I were you, I would return the camcorder since SONY doesn't seem to have the 64 bit driver for it and get a camcorder which driver supports the 64-bit Arch.

Quote Originally Posted by panthere
    so a person told me if i want to convert my video to mpeg..he would suggest me to buy pinacle studio for hd..=100$
    That person is talking about something different. What you need is a camcorder (taking videos) that works with your system. What he is talking about is a software for creating (not taking) videos.
    DENISE MILANI REDEFINES HOTNESS! !!

allo

first i cant return the camcorder..more then 3 month i bought it...and sony doesnt make ..that what i heard a 64 bit cd..for that...i know it is not the cd that makes the video loll..but i need to transfert them to mpeg..cause they are in (achvmd)...not sure of the word...because in my computer at home i can transfer them..everything is cool..but if i want to do it with my laptop i can't that is why if somebody have a idea..shoot
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

Quote Originally Posted by panthere
    sorry i dont find the link in sony site...
    I don't know anything about camcorders, but here is a link to the product you mentioned

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camc...-32427828.html

this model camera records in AVCHD this is the problem. Sony vagas pro 8 can read avchd files!!!!!!!!! i work in video and for now we do not use AVCHD . for this reason. but just wait there are some programs coming out here is a link to your camera .http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDR-SR7-D.../dp/B000PQJGFO
    and here is a link for AVCHD http://www.avchd-info.org/ . hope this helps

try this

here is a link you can join that forum and get more help there
    http://forum.videohelp.com/

Panthere,

What do you want to do with the camcorder when the software is installed on your pc?

I'm only asking because maybe there is another way to accomplish what your trying to do with different software.

Walooo

allo

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatwalooo
    Panthere,

What do you want to do with the camcorder when the software is installed on your pc?

I'm only asking because maybe there is another way to accomplish what your trying to do with different software.

Walooo
    i dont want to make film or anything..i just want them to be transferable to mpeg..for reading them in my computer and also my tv(cause in AVCHD i am not able to look at them except directly on my camcorder)...that its..i dont want like a big pinnacle studio to cut and redoo stuf etc..etc...(it would be cool but that is not my mind goal

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstone
    I don't know anything about camcorders, but here is a link to the product you mentioned

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camc...-32427828.html
    thanks it is exactly the one that i have..thanks for the link
    Last edited by panthere; 09-07-2008 at 11:34 PM.

Panthere, when you connect your camcorder to your laptop, does Vista recognize it or does it ask for a driver? If Vista recognizes the unit on it's own, it is possible that you can use Windows integrated software to do what you want to do or at the very least import your video onto your system. But you would need Vista Home Premium or Vista Ultimate to do this. The Basic and Business editions do not have this capability.

Also, I noticed when checking the specs on your cam that it does not have an integrated USB port on the camcorder itself but only on the base unit. If the laptop doesn't recognize the camcorder when connected via Firewire, try the USB connection and you may find the system can see it then. Or vice versa.

If Vista does recognize your camcorder I could give you some links to software that will be more than enough for what you want to do.

Techman
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    Panthere, connected via Firewire,
    Techman
    fire-wire is for camera that record on tape .

if you just want to watch what you recorded try connecting it to your TV via HDMI .
    Video Output, USB Ports 2.0, Digital Audio/Video Inputs & Outputs, HDMI, Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Output

Quote Originally Posted by mr.bean
    fire-wire is for camera that record on tape .

if you just want to watch what you recorded try connecting it to your TV via HDMI .
    Video Output, USB Ports 2.0, Digital Audio/Video Inputs & Outputs, HDMI, Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Output
    Actually firewire is used for many more things than just cameras. It is just another way to connect devices to your system, much in the same way as USB. If you look at the specs of his camcorder, you will see that it does, as all camcorders do, have a firewire connector on it but no USB in this case. The USB connector is only on the included base unit.

More info on firewire can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firewire
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Maybe you know someone who had Windows XP installed...
    Just transfer the movie to his/her machine, burn it on a DVD and play the DVD in your Vista computer

Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    Actually firewire is used for many more things than just cameras. It is just another way to connect devices to your system, much in the same way as USB. If you look at the specs of his camcorder, you will see that it does, as all camcorders do, have a firewire connector on it but no USB in this case. The USB connector is only on the included base unit.

More info on firewire can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firewire
    hey techman i do respect the amount of posts that you have on merb and your name techman but this time you are wrong. fire wire is just for tape cameras no DVD or hard drive cameras. can you please show me a link to a camera that does not record to tape that has fire wire ? if i am wrong it Will be my pleasure to admit to you that i am wrong but i am not wait i could be wrong it might be the lanc port that is for tape cameras only
    Last edited by mr.bean; 09-08-2008 at 03:36 PM.

I am me, too!
    I tend to agree with Techman! FireWire is only a way to transfer data and have nothing exclusive to do with tape cameras.

I'm pretty certain I even saw some FireWire stand-alone external drive...

Here's an example! http://www.iomega.com/about/prreleas..._firewire.html

Doesn't look like a tape camera to me!

allo

result from sony..they dont gonna make a 64 bit cd for it..stupid moron grrrr so now i gonna have to find another way..thanks for the replied..i just gonna have to use my computer..it is working at least..and forget the laptop for that