Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Speaking of Lunatics

  1. #1

    Speaking of Lunatics

    PETA asks Ben & Jerry's to use breast milk

    19 hours ago

    MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Ice cream made from breast milk? That's what the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream to consider making.

    The Virginia-based nonprofit group sent a letter to company co-founders Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield on Tuesday asking them to use human breast milk instead of cow's milk in their products.

    PETA said the health of consumers and cows would benefit from the switch.

    Ben & Jerry's spokesman Rob Michalak said the company applauds PETA's creative approach to bring attention to an issue, but believes that a mother's milk is best used by a child.

    Information from: The Times Argus, http://www.timesargus.com/

  2. #2
    I am me, too!
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    If only I knew...
    Posts
    2,214
    Where would one apply to take care of the farm?

  3. #3

    Talking Thread Title

    Quote Originally Posted by mass1965
    PETA asks Ben & Jerry's to use breast milk

    19 hours ago

    MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Ice cream made from breast milk? That's what the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream to consider making.

    The Virginia-based nonprofit group sent a letter to company co-founders Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield on Tuesday asking them to use human breast milk instead of cow's milk in their products.

    PETA said the health of consumers and cows would benefit from the switch.

    Ben & Jerry's spokesman Rob Michalak said the company applauds PETA's creative approach to bring attention to an issue, but believes that a mother's milk is best used by a child.

    Information from: The Times Argus, http://www.timesargus.com/
    Given that Ben & Jerry's replied the thread title should be speaking to lunatics.
    LISA'S FRIEND

  4. #4
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,140

    Ben and Jerry's

    Ben & Jerry's is a Vermont based ice cream business and they are well known supporters of left wing liberal causes, which is likely why PETA targeted them rather than Haagen Daaz. Of course, Ben & Jerry's response should have been to ignore the letter, but Ben & Jerry's marketing department knows that any publicity, especially free publicity, is a good thing when you are selling ice cream in the "off season."

    By the ways, I love Ben & Jerry's ice cream, especially their new "Imagine World Peace" flavor.

  5. #5

    Smile Original Location

    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    Ben & Jerry's is a Vermont based ice cream business and they are well known supporters of left wing liberal causes, which is likely why PETA targeted them rather than Haagen Daaz. Of course, Ben & Jerry's response should have been to ignore the letter, but Ben & Jerry's marketing department knows that any publicity, especially free publicity, is a good thing when you are selling ice cream in the "off season."

    By the ways, I love Ben & Jerry's ice cream, especially their new "Imagine World Peace" flavor.
    I remember their original location in Burlington. Nice success story.
    LISA'S FRIEND

  6. #6
    Potential names for their new breast-milk based flavor (do we need a poll):

    Ben & Jerry's Very Breast
    Titty-Gritty
    Nitty-Titty
    Breast Milk & Cookies
    Thanks for the Mamaries
    Triple Nipple
    Malted Mommy Milk and Macadamia Madness

    I'm in favor... but what will this do to the already high prices!

    BD
    Last edited by Ben Dover; 09-26-2008 at 06:07 PM.

  7. #7
    If that suggestion would have been made to Baskin Robbins back 50 years ago, Burt Baskin might have been saved from a heart attack at 54 years old in 1967.

    Then again, even though I am a strong supporter of breastfeeding for newborns and I do agree that it is much healthier for a human due to the size contain in the human milk proteins vs cow milk, I don't think I would ever feel comfortable eating (or drinking) breast milk. Pretty much the same as buying my meat/poultry/fish already prepared and packaged at the grocery store vs killing the cow/chicken/fish in the preparation. Something about it that doesn't feel right.
    "It's a God-given talent. It was meant to be shared with the public." (Moustache, Irma La Douce, 1963)

    www.lillyofmontreal.com

  8. #8
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,140
    Lilly,

    That's apart from the practical issue of who would be supplying all of the breast milk needed to manufacture all of these new flavors like "Lactation Sensation." Cows do not sell their milk to Ben and Jerry. The milk is taken from them. Whose breast milk would be taken to produce mass quantities of this new ice cream?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    Lilly,

    That's apart from the practical issue of who would be supplying all of the breast milk needed to manufacture all of these new flavors like "Lactation Sensation." Cows do not sell their milk to Ben and Jerry. The milk is taken from them. Whose breast milk would be taken to produce mass quantities of this new ice cream?
    You are right, but then again, there would surely be some women willing to do it for the $ (after all, there are Amateur Porn Sites for lactation fetish). Which brings me to the health issue, which I didn't want to mention and which we can have with cows also (just thinking of the Mad Cow dissease) but HIV is something that is transmissible through breast milk. Only, it is much easier to control where your cows are going and who they are having sex with than control the health and sex partners of your human "employees".

    Back a few hundred years ago, the French had "nourrices" for the kids who were ladies who would spend their lives breastfeeding the noble's kids and raising them. I just don't think it is something that could be done today.
    Last edited by Lilly Lombard; 09-27-2008 at 12:30 AM.
    "It's a God-given talent. It was meant to be shared with the public." (Moustache, Irma La Douce, 1963)

    www.lillyofmontreal.com

  10. #10
    Disease transfer is a concern, but I would hope that any milk being sold to the public is pasteurized.

    Incidentally are the cows they get milk from pregnant or just gave birth, or do they give them chemicals/hormones to lactate without giving birth?

  11. #11
    Hey, I think we've just identified a niche market.

    I'd love to invest in such a venture and sell to the PETA freaks and guys with sex fetishes, if I believed that you could produce breast milk in sufficient quantity.


    As an aside, in Quebec "The [transfer] by a person of a part or product of his body shall be gratuitous; [...]" (24, CcQ). So any women willing to participate will have to donate their milk to my company.

    Volunteers can PM me to set up meetings where I'll start building my supply.

  12. #12
    Name Retired.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Her Hot Dreams
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Divina
    I know that a woman won't stop to produce milk as long as she will keeping to have her milk going out her body.....

    The demand will assure the offer...
    Hey Maria Divine,

    Stop it...you're getting me excited...lol.

    Ummm,

    Korbie-kins
    Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    Ben & Jerry's is a Vermont based ice cream business and they are well known supporters of left wing liberal causes, which is likely why PETA targeted them rather than Haagen Daaz.
    They were bought out by Unilever years ago. I think they were targeted because they are a well regarded brand.

  14. #14
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkworm
    They were bought out by Unilever years ago. I think they were targeted because they are a well regarded brand.
    Pinkworm,

    The PETA letter was sent to the founders of Ben & Jerry, Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, not to Unilever. I assume you read the article this thread is based on? This made news in Vermont because it was sent to Ben & Jerry. Ben & Jerry have always been identified with their support of left wing political causes, it's even obvious from the names of the flavors of their ice creams e.g. "Imagine Whirled Peace". It also happens to be that they are a well regarded brand, but so is Haagen Daz and Breyers and any number of others.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 09-28-2008 at 12:33 AM.

  15. #15
    PETA are a bunch of idiots. They should hook Pamela Anderson up to a milking machine for publicity. I think she deserves it, the dumb b...h.
    They could call the flavour 'Saline Silicon Surprise"

    Here's some nice hot sauce for real PETA fans. People Eating Tasty Animals.

    http://www.mohotta.com/product/1357/5



    Techman
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •