View Poll Results: The question is who is more fit to be Vice president and therefore President?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joe Biden - Displayed better control of facts and ability to deal with the issues.

21 70.00%
  • Sarah Palin - Displayed better control of facts and ability to deal with the issues.

3 10.00%
  • Joe Biden - Better solutions for today’s problems.

14 46.67%
  • Sarah Palin - Better solutions for today’s problems.

3 10.00%
  • Joe Biden - Better communicator and more likeable.

11 36.67%
  • Sarah Palin - Better communicator and more likeable.

5 16.67%
  • Joe Biden - I agree with his political philosophy.

10 33.33%
  • Sarah Palin - I Agree with her political philosophy.

2 6.67%
  • It was a tie.

1 3.33%
  • Not sure.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Biden Versus Palin Vice-Presidential Debate: Who Won and Why?

Name Retired.

The Biden Versus Palin Vice-Presidential Debate: Who Won and Why?

Hello all,

PLEASE DO NOT VOTE BEFORE THE DEBATE. Let’s give each candidate a chance to be heard, or if you don’t watch the debate, wait until there are some facts about it to base your decision on.

The overall question is, based on this debate who is more fit to be Vice President and therefore President?

This is a multiple choice poll. You can pick a choice in each area for your candidate, or you can mix your choices between different candidates depending on who you thought was better in each area. Just pick one candidate in each area as you wish. Of course you can just pick the main reason you thought a candidate was the better choice.

Thanks,

Korbel

PS

Central question amended.
    Last edited by korbel; 10-02-2008 at 08:35 PM.
    Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!

9 p.m. EST

It's a whole new ballgame
    Your poll asks who is more qualified to be Vice President. We already know the answer and it's certainly nothing that will be answered by a 90 minute debate.

Someone who doesn't read newspapers and can't name any Supreme Court decision other than Roe v. Wade, is not only unqualified to be VP, but is an embarrassment as a citizen.
    The mounties always get their man.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxima
    Never mind decisions, if, out of the blue, we simply asked the 4 Canadian Party chiefs for half of the names of the Canadian Supreme Court judges, I wonder what the answers would be.
    So you're of the opinion that knowledge is not a prerequisite in a national leader?

Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin
    So you're of the opinion that knowledge is not a prerequisite in a national leader?
    Technically, no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preside...ommon_practice

Qualifications for President:

* natural-born US citizen
    * >= 35 yrs
    * US resident for >= 14 yrs
    * never been impeached
    * not been Prez more than 2x
    * can't be Prez, can't be VP either
    * elected by majority of electoral college

It would be nice to have a President who is knowledgeable, worldly, and intellectual.

But those aren't the current requirements.
    Last edited by bond_james_bond; 10-02-2008 at 08:11 PM.

Ability to win a debate does not indicate an ability to be VP.

You can ask "Who won the debate?" or you can ask "Who would be a better VP?", but suggesting that the winner of the debate will be the better VP is complete nonsense.

Name Retired.
    Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin
    Your poll asks who is more qualified to be Vice President. We already know the answer and it's certainly nothing that will be answered by a 90 minute debate.

Someone who doesn't read newspapers and can't name any Supreme Court decision other than Roe v. Wade, is not only unqualified to be VP, but is an embarrassment as a citizen.
    Look Rumples,

Everyone knows your bias just as everyone knows mine. But this poll concerns this debate, not anybody's predisposition. So, maybe I should have said, "based on this debate". Fine! That can be fixed instantly. But repeating your feelings only shows you have predetermined the issue without a hearing. I might not be much better, but at least I put in some effort by listening to some suggestions to make this poll as unbiased as possible. You can post as you want, but it would be nice if you did all of us a huge favor and try not to nullify the debate before it happens.

Maxima, please don't let the biased predispositions of anyone taint how you view the debate or the election. That isn't fair either. I did appreciate your suggestions.

Besides guys and gals, this is just meant to spark some interest and conversation...not change the world...lol.

Cheers,

Korbel
    Last edited by korbel; 10-02-2008 at 08:51 PM.
    Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!

Quote Originally Posted by bond_james_bond
    Technically, no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preside...ommon_practice

Qualifications for President:

* natural-born US citizen
    * >= 35 yrs
    * US resident for >= 14 yrs
    * never been impeached
    * not been Prez more than 2x
    * can't be Prez, can't be VP either
    * elected by majority of electoral college

It would be nice to have a President who is knowledgeable, worldly, and intellectual.

But those aren't the current requirements.
    So dead people and inmates are ok then?

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but my interpretation of Rumples use of the term "prerequisite in a national leader" was that this would be a "prerequisite qualification to get your vote" not a technical requirement to legally qualify as eligible for the job.

I also agree that this poll is flawed (ah Korbel! and you were doing so well for a while!)

Unless one of the candidates has a meltdown or does something terrible (or amazing), all of which is highly unlikely, the debate will probably have very little effect on the outcome of this election. IMHO Biden wins my vote on all the questions in the poll hands down, whether or not he creams Palin in the debate.

BD
    Last edited by Ben Dover; 10-02-2008 at 09:02 PM.

Actually, the format of this debate plays very well to Palin's "capabilities." Brief answers with no follow up. 90 seconds to reply. For a candidate with no in-depth knowledge and an ability to recite memorized soundbites, this debate should be little challenge.

Name Retired.

Debates

Hello all,

I think the most important outcome of the 1st Presidential debate was Barack Obama's ability to make voters feel comfortable about voting for him through his speaking skills, command of the issues, and ability to stand up to McCain. Voters could then feel Obama was up to being President. This is where Palin has been failing. More and more people have become less comfortable about voting for her because of sinking confidence in her abilities and qualifications. And that was when she had not yet faced any opponent.

Cheers,

Korbel

PS

I'll be watching the chart at the bottom of the screen to see what the Independents are thinking.
    Last edited by korbel; 10-02-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Veteran of Misadventures
    The debate hasn't even started and 4 votes have been cast in this poll!

Name Retired.
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    The debate hasn't even started and 4 votes have been cast in this poll!
    Well,

That's one voter, Amazona, who did the same thing the last time. Just discount it.

Cheers,

Korbel

Veteran of Misadventures

Biden

Surprisingly dignified and polite debate. Biden was slightly more polished than Palin in answering questions. Palin had some good answers, but also a lot of canned soundbites and got McKiernen's name wrong. Her highlights were scoring with two great Reagan quotes. I give Biden a slight edge.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 10-03-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Name Retired.
    Hello all,

Well.....................................................................what happened to Sarah Palin and who sent that coherent clone on stage. This certainly, wasn't the stumbling bumbling Sarah Palin 1 who couldn't put a coherent sensible sentence together, or communicate any kind of intelligent thought, and was even heard contradicting McCain on the need to attack terrorists directly in Pakistan. Given how badly she has come across over the last few weeks she was very good tonight. Yes, she was impressive considering the kind of expectations so many had of her. But, as I voted, Biden was just better on the facts and offering specific solutions. She wins on general affability, and that may play well with the public, but Biden wins on better substance and general knowledge. I thought they were close to each other for the first 20 minutes, then she started becoming more general and "folksy", and shifted between specifics and more vague patriotic generalities meant to appeal to the Republican base and stay with in her sphere of knowldge. But Biden was just absolutely on target all night being excellent on all subjects, and demonstrated excellent knowledge very consistently, and I think he made as many personal connections with the viewers as Palin ever did.

So despite a surprisingly competent and sometimes effective performance by Palin, as someone just said on CNN, "Biden gave the denate of his life tonight and was superb." Overall, I give a very firm moderate edge to Biden.

Cheers
    Last edited by korbel; 10-03-2008 at 01:01 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast