Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC COUTURE vs LESNAR - Nov-15-2008

UFC COUTURE vs LESNAR - Nov-15-2008

who is going to win COUTURE or LESNAR
    i would love to see couture win kick lesnars ass. but i think lesnar is going to be to much for couture plus his last fight was last year . so who do you pick to win this fight .

http://www.ufc.com/

Couture will destroy Lesnar. I have no idea how Lesnar even qualifies for a title fight at this stage of his career. In his first fight, he went down to a quick ankle lock submission and in his last fight he gloated like a child when he won.

Lesnar has proven nothing in UFC. The only reason this fight is happening is to take advantage of Lesnar's pro wrestling visibility. There are many others who deserve a title shot before him, pretty much anyone with more than two fights under their belt. If we're really lucky, Couture will end Lesnar's career in UFC.

Techman
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Techman is right but Lesnar is the new posterchild for the ufc's heavyweight

division. Its as if Dana White has a man crush on him.

I'm rooting for couture but I say lesnar will win.

Couture is old but is in great shape but Lesnar is just too young and too damn strong so I'm picking Lesnar.

What do you guys think about the mir vs nog fight?

Master_bates, the UFC promotors really do seem to have a hard on for pushing Lesnar. If I hear them say one more time how big his hands are, I think I will choke. His huge hands didn't help him at all when Mir stuck that ankle lock on him and Lesnar tapped out so fast that if you blinked you missed it.

Mir is a very dangerous fighter and I will never count him out no matter who he is up against. So I guess you can put me down for Mir by submission.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

THANK YOU BURKIE !!!
    Lesnar will be a future champ in the UFC but right now he's still too inexperienced to beat even an old Randy Couture.

My prediction is Lesnar tapping out in the third round.

Mir is a dangerous fighter but the minotaur is as tough as leather and can

take a hit just as much as he can give it.

If Lesnar was as good as dana white makes him sound to be he shouldnt

have went to decision vs herring in his must win match IN his own hometown.

I think that Lesnar is better than everyone here is giving him credit for. The betting sites have Lesnar favoured, so it is not just me that thinks he is likely to win. In the Mir fight, he totally dominated Mir until his lack of experience showed. But he is much more experienced now. And against Herring, he again dominated, he just didn't know how to finish from on Herring's back.

But Couture's style is good for Lesnar, Couture likes dirty boxing and clinches, and in that, Lesnar will just thrown him down like a doll and pounce on him. Couture is not as tricky on the ground as Mir is, I think that Lesnar will be able to batter him.

He has no doubt moved up quickly because he is famous and highly paid, but if I had to bet on one fighter (other than Fedor) to win a heavyweight tournament, it would be Lesnar.

Quote Originally Posted by G1GBallday
    Lesnar will be a future champ in the UFC but right now he's still too inexperienced to beat even an old Randy Couture.

My prediction is Lesnar tapping out in the third round.
    true i also believe that lesnar will be champ one day i just hope its not tonight

Any hookups to watch the fight online?

lesnar in two

channelsurfing.net

lesnar wins TKO round #2 is it me or did randy not look his best .

Quote Originally Posted by mr.bean
    lesnar wins TKO round #2 is it me or did randy not look his best .
    It was more that Couture got caught with a good punch to the temple just like he got caught in his two knockout losses to Liddell, Couture did look in terrific shape and he made no excuses after the fight.

He wasnt at his best, he admitted it himself in the post fight interview.

Brock was just too big and too strong for him.

Hoping to see lesnar fight noguiera next, if he beats Mir next month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast