Thread: For all you hikers out there

Last edited by breadman; 01-03-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Great trail.

Mostly luck.

Now I know how to handle those pesky telemarketers.

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

That Hiking video is absolutely beautiful!!! I have heard of places like that in Andalusia, the southern part of Spain. I would love to GO!!!

Maria
    XXXX
    Smile and the world will smile with you

Quote Originally Posted by breadman
    That trail has been closed for years now, doesn't stop some from still going on it.

Try this one: The World's Most Dangerous Hike.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkworm
    That trail has been closed for years now, doesn't stop some from still going on it.

Try this one: The World's Most Dangerous Hike.
    The guy was using a harness on the most dangerous section of this hike. On the one I posted you'll notice a wire running alongside the wall, in one small section you can see a hiker unhooking his harness and hooking it to the next section of wire. What you don't see though is the guy filming the video ever hooking or unhooking any safety device. Thought he might have been hooked to someone else farther behind, but a couple of times he pans back the way he came...and you can see nobody else following him.

wow! I don't consider taht "hiking" because it's on man made stuff, but wow, that made my hill climbing upt he side, off the beaten path seem like a total walk in the park! wow!

Quote Originally Posted by breadman
    The guy was using a harness on the most dangerous section of this hike. On the one I posted you'll notice a wire running alongside the wall, in one small section you can see a hiker unhooking his harness and hooking it to the next section of wire. What you don't see though is the guy filming the video ever hooking or unhooking any safety device. Thought he might have been hooked to someone else farther behind, but a couple of times he pans back the way he came...and you can see nobody else following him.

how effective is self belaying?

Quote Originally Posted by gamelessdork
    how effective is self belaying?
    Careful here gameless, you can go blind doing too much self belaying