View Poll Results: Who Will Win Superbowl XLIII

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

21 63.64%
  • Arizona Cardinals

12 36.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XLIII Pick The Winner!

Super Bowl XLIII Pick The Winner!

Just as the title says. Who do you think will win and why?
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Arizona, and the reason? Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald

Quote Originally Posted by Special K

Banned
    who - arizona
    why - terry bradshaw

Arizona

They're offense is just way too strong!!

Kurt Warner mvp and makes the hall of fame

His life should be made into a movie

Banned
    Hello all,

Quote Originally Posted by master_bates
    Arizona

Uh NO! LOL!!!!! Were you born on their stadium floor at the 50 yard line??? Or is Warner your uncle? Yeah, he did great in Super Bowl XXXVI against a heavily underdog cinderela team with essentially a first time quarterback...Patriots 20 St Louis 17. Warner 1 TD 2 INTs. "Greatest Show On Turf"...MY BUTT!

Arizona is no secret. They either hit big plays for long gains with their receivers or they are pretty helpless. Pittsburgh needs to keep Fitzgerald from getting off the line well and delay his routes. Unlike McNabb, Warner reads blitzes well. Don't allow him the quick easy strikes during blitzes and keep Fitzgerald double covered deep.

Pittsburgh has the toughest defense in the league, but their offense is uncertain. I have never been impressed with Roethlisberger. If he has good pocket protection he's capable, but his widely published ability to escape a rush is over-rated. He can get sloppy and try to force throws that aren't open. The Steelers offense is frequently eratic.

If there was any chance of poor weather the Cardinals wouldn't have a chance. Look how the Patriots demolished them so completely in the snow. The Cardinals are a sorry team in adverse conditions. But they will get the rarefied conditions they thrive in.

If the Steelers can cover the Cardinals deep threats and keep them from big breaks, it will be a tough and long day for the Cardinals.

Sadly, these are far from the best two teams.

Cheers,

Merlot
    Last edited by Merlot; 01-20-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Heart says Arizona, head says Steelers; liver declining comment.

with or w/o a super bowl mvp trophy or even a super bowl victory, Warner is most likely a
    Hall of Famer

look at his total stats, plus being to the sb 3 times, 3 mvp trophy's, pro bowls, plus he's an overall great guy....... if AZ wins the SB, yes he's a lock, if they dont win the SB, most likely he's still a Hall of Famer....

PS. he didnt even come into the league until he was 28, thats old for a rookie QB...... definately a Hall of Famer regardless of what happens Feb 1, 2009, and good for him, its a great story, and it wouldnt surprise me if indeed there is a movie made about his life, esp if he wins the sb and mvp

Quote Originally Posted by master_bates
    Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Special K
    I'm picking the New England Patroits not to win the Super Bowl this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe.t
    Ahh Joe you let me down! I was waiting for your REAL pick so I would know which way to bet and pick up the BIG $$$$$!

Quote Originally Posted by joelcairo
    Ahh Joe you let me down! I was waiting for your REAL pick so I would know which way to bet and pick up the BIG $$$$$!
    Toronto Maple Leafs to win the Stanley Cup.

The only thing funnier than that is the Ottawa Senators winning the cup this year , oh thats right, they have a worse record than the rebuilding Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs to win the Stanley Cup.

Banned
    Right Josey,

Hmmmm, which did you pick? Oh yeah. It was either the Giants...or the Jets... Jets... Jets... bwahahahahahaha!

That's a good genius,

Merlot
    Last edited by Merlot; 01-22-2009 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot
    Right Josey,

Hmmmm, which did you pick? Oh yeah. It was either the Giants...or the Jets... Jets... Jets... bwahahahahahaha!

That's a good genius,

Merlot
    Actually if I was a gambling man(which I am not, religious convictions) I would take Pittsburgh to win but not to cover the 7 point spread, I would stay away from making any wagers with the spread on this one.

So there's my pick boys Pittsburgh straight up.

Now how about a prediction chicken boy(Merlot) or are you gonna wait till after the game to gloat on how you predicted the winner.

Banned
    Actually if I was a gambling man(which I am not, religious convictions) I would take Pittsburgh to win but not to cover the 7 point spread, I would stay away from making any wagers with the spread on this one.

So there`s my pick boys Pittsburgh straight up.

Now how about a prediction chicken boy(Merlot) or are you gonna wait till after the game to gloat on how you predicted the winner.
    Hey Josette,

This is a poll...dipstick. If you had clicked on the vote you would have seen my name for Pittsburgh. My choice has been in the vote.

Then there`s this:
    https://merb.cc/vbulletin/showthread...=39987&page=18 Post # 308 so you can check the date and see there has been no edit since before the last set of playoff games.

Thanks for finally voting and putting your name next to mine for Pittsburgh, where it`s been since the poll started. Nice to see you made any decision ...at 2:17 pm today...lol.

But, if you just want someone to take some lame uninformed shots at...I`m here for you buddy.

Toodles,

Merlot
    Last edited by Merlot; 01-24-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot
    Hello Gorgeous Nadya,

It looks like it could be an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl this year. The Steelers have the Chargers in their pocket right now as the Chargers are being made to look pretty inept most of the time by the Steeler's defense. Of the four teams left I think Pittsburgh is going to be the favorite.

Cheers,

Merlot
    Ahh Merlot what would these boards be without you, "I think" is hardly a ringing endorsement of Pittsburgh, it is more along the lines of what you do best which is sitting on the fence, wavering, waffling etc, etc, etc.
    Last edited by Joe.t; 01-24-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast