Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch out when you go to Best buy / Future shop.

Watch out when you go to Best buy / Future shop.

I was at BB getting my new TV and surround sound system today.There was this other guy being served at the same time.When I got outside with my cart of electronic goods, his window was smashed in on his van. Theives took off with his big screen TV when he went inside to get his surround sound system. I dodged a bullet, if they has served me first Iwould have been the victim. So when you go to BB or Future shop, make one trip back to the car.

It's an old trick for getting two TVs for the price of one. I'd say there's a 50-50 chance the customer was in on it.

BD

Nowhere in the story did RP mention anything about BB giving them a second TV? It's out of their store, not their responsibility anymore.
    MG

Read a story about two guys who walked into a store and picked up a big screen....and walked right out the door with it. An employee asked if they needed something to tie it down and went back inside. Last they saw the guys had it on the roof of the car and were driving out of the lot holding it down with one hand each.

Think most credit cards have something written in the agreement that if something happens to the item within a certain amount of time, a matter of days I think...you get a replacement.
    Last edited by breadman; 01-20-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Buy online, get it delivered. That way you not only avoid theft but also useless advice from BB and FS employees who don't know squat about audio/video equipment and will also try to sell you a $150 HDMI cable.

Any time I have bought a large (physicaly) item, or anything that required multiple trips to the car, a sales clerk has come out with me. Even in minus 20 degree weather. I'm cetainly no fan of Futile Shop, but I appreciated the gesture. Congrats on not being the victim Regis.
    Shorter of breath...One day closer to death. Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by MG_mtl
    Nowhere in the story did RP mention anything about BB giving them a second TV? It's out of their store, not their responsibility anymore.
    Of course not. You call the cops and report the car damage and theft and your insurance company pays for the second TV, or as someone else mentioned, your credit card policy covers it.

BD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBob
    ...but also useless advice from BB and FS...
    such a coincidentally volatile acronym...

You mean all those threads about BBFS, were really about Best Buy / Future Shop?

BD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Dover
    You mean all those threads about BBFS, were really about Best Buy / Future Shop?
    yes, and the requisite dangers of engaging in business with aforementioned acronymic institutions. it can be extremely frustrating.
    Last edited by johnmbot; 01-21-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regis Philbin
    I was at BB getting my new TV and surround sound system today.There was this other guy being served at the same time.When I got outside with my cart of electronic goods, his window was smashed in on his van. Theives took off with his big screen TV when he went inside to get his surround sound system. I dodged a bullet, if they has served me first Iwould have been the victim. So when you go to BB or Future shop, make one trip back to the car.

Which location was it?

Also

as the ecomony takes a dump, property crimes increase. Don't have any statistics.
    And another thing to watch is, as the weather gets warmer, property crimes increase too. I certanly don't want to be breaking into cars when it's minus 30║C in the middle of the night, why should crooks !
    Just my $0.02
    CA

Not an uncommon occurance.

Last summer, I saw an emplyee at Future Shop cleaning broken car window glass from the parking lot. I suspect that people get their cars busted into quite often at these consumer alectronic shops. These places prefer that you do not know about it.

If the economy craps out.

Down in Florida, they pull beside you and jack your car if they know you have a big screen TV or a computer on board. It the economy craps out you may see this sort of thing here.

signs the economy is crapping out.

I have seen a few ads in the Annonce 123 that were offering free massages. Of course nothing is free. You just pay the $80 for the thai massage and no entry fee. The girl splits with the salon, is is still cheaper than previous prices. What indications have you seen that the economy is crapping out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast