Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Joaquin Phoenix on the Late Show

  1. #1

    Joaquin Phoenix on the Late Show

    I don't know what to make of this... I'm not sure just lo laugh because it's just an act or he has some serious problems. We remember what happen to his brother.

    Here's the clip for people who haven't seen it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHm8BeyTTXI

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,481
    Wow, that was fucked up!!! Poor guy...

    I can't believe how much crap Dave gave him... Guess he deserved it. Shouldn't have been on in this condition.
    MG

  3. #3
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,823
    Like many of us who watched it that night, i think Letterman figured JP was kidding around. But by the time the commercial came by, he realized that maybe it wasn't a prank & that JP was totally fucked up on something. Who knows....it was difficult not to laugh. Loved the Farah Fawcett comment by Letterman.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    Loved the Farah Fawcett comment by Letterman.
    That was funny but the unibomber cracked was my favorite part of the interview.
    Last edited by Leopold Stotch; 02-13-2009 at 06:27 PM.

  5. #5
    This Has To Be One Of The Funniest Interview's I've Seen On The Letterman Show...lol

  6. #6
    Loved:

    "Sorry you couldn't be here tonight."

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visiting Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,160
    Well all,

    It's either a "put-up job" or somebody's brain did not get back from the dry cleaners in time for the show. I vote put-up job; and I love how Dave handled it.

    LOL,

    Merlot

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlot
    Well all,

    It's either a "put-up job" or somebody's brain did not get back from the dry cleaners in time for the show. I vote put-up job; and I love how Dave handled it.

    LOL,

    Merlot
    There was the odd nonodd smile that made one wonder if it wasn't a put-up.

  9. #9
    ‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^› Special K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    5,108
    Letterman was f'n brilliant in this situation. Tough to say if it was a "bit" or if it was the real thing.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

    Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

  10. #10
    Piratical Nerve
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Crow's Nest
    Posts
    51
    Letterman was in fine form....but yikes, what happened to JP

    Casey Affleck has been filming Joaquin Phoenix since his rap debut at a Vegas club in Jan., where he (JP) walked/fell off stage.He was filming on Letterman that night as well. Supposed to be a documentary on the life and times of the new rapper. Maybe it's all part of the set up? Affleck is married to Summer Phoenix, Joaquin's sister.

    Makes you wonder....maybe he's just that good or his wrapping really has come loose.

    SMT
    Kinky Is Using A Feather.
    Perverted Is Using The Whole Chicken

  11. #11
    As sad as JP's appearance on Letterman was, and it may have been a setup, it has a long way to go to beat the all time worst appearance on the show by Crispin Glover. Now this is a must see...the first clip is missing a bit at the end and the second misses a bit in the beginning but is higher quality. Letterman's comments at the end of the second clip are great!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujtiu...eature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALapH...x=0&playnext=1
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  12. #12
    ‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^› Special K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    5,108
    I remember that one too Techman. That was phenomenal!!!
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

    Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    As sad as JP's appearance on Letterman was, and it may have been a setup, it has a long way to go to beat the all time worst appearance on the show by Crispin Glover. Now this is a must see...the first clip is missing a bit at the end and the second misses a bit in the beginning but is higher quality. Letterman's comments at the end of the second clip are great!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujtiu...eature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALapH...x=0&playnext=1
    WOW!!! Now that's fuck up... you gotta love Dave's comments after the commercial break. (clip 2)

  14. #14
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,823

    Crispin Glover was 'in character' on Letterman

    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    As sad as JP's appearance on Letterman was, and it may have been a setup, it has a long way to go to beat the all time worst appearance on the show by Crispin Glover. Now this is a must see.
    Glover was playing a character from an upcoming movie called "Rubin and Ed" when he appeared on Letterman. Similar to what Sacha Baron Cohen did with his "Borat" character when he went around the country promoting the movie. I have also noticed that Crispin Glover seemed to be playing various characters from his movies whenever he'd appear on the Letterman show.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaNf-A_3fC4

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubin_and_Ed

    Here's the 'real' Crispin Glover:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9j7I...eature=related

  15. #15
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiver MeTimber
    Casey Affleck has been filming Joaquin Phoenix since his rap debut at a Vegas club in Jan., where he (JP) walked/fell off stage.He was filming on Letterman that night as well. Supposed to be a documentary on the life and times of the new rapper. Maybe it's all part of the set up?
    Now, i can't wait to see the documentary!

    Great publicity for the movie, intentional or not, on the part of Phoenix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •