Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Not enough racial variety in strip clubs?

  1. #1

    Talking

    Remember this is Montreal. Montreal stripclubs are not known to have much in the way of racial variety of women.

    Quote Originally Posted by infanticide
    I live in NYC and there are probably thousand of Russian strippers here, so its always sort of weird to me when I hardly see any at strip clubs (like in Montreal). And yes, I did buy her the chips.
    There is no knowledge that is not power.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by CLOUD 500
    Remember this is Montreal. Montreal stripclubs are not known to have much in the way of racial variety of women.
    Ummm, Russian girls would hardly qualify as racial variety. The reason there are few Russian dancers here is that the Russian community in Montreal is not very large, especially when compared to cities like Toronto or NY.

    And Cloud...if you opened up a club featuring only black dancers, you would have a club with very few clients. The reason most clubs hire primarily white dancers is because that's what draws in the clients the club needs to survive. It has nothing to do with racism, it's purely a business decision. Your constant complaining about it is really getting tired. Let it go already...

    Techman
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by thebitchelor
    Exactly...every boss i talked with about it told me they take only 2-3 black girls per night because if they would be too much...first they wouldnt do money (too many competition)
    ive had also some blacks dancers tell me that if there are more than 2 other black girls they wont stay and work there because of the competition. they pefer to be the only black one, so that also does not help for variety

  4. #4

    Thumbs up Annoying Techman

    Maybe you should check my post again. I said racial variety as in girls of all colors. I would rather be in a club with black girls, latinas, eastern european girls, etc.. But most of the clubs around Montreal have mostly French Canadians. I never said a club should only feature black dancers but there has to be more variety.

    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    Ummm, Russian girls would hardly qualify as racial variety. The reason there are few Russian dancers here is that the Russian community in Montreal is not very large, especially when compared to cities like Toronto or NY.
    How do you know this? Are you running a stripclub business? Have you actually taken a poll and gathered statistics in various stripclubs? Who made you the stripclub master? I have been to stripclubs with more black girls and are making no less money then the clubs with mostly white girls. There are lots of clients who come into a club looking for exotics. I thought I would bring this up we had lots of disagreements about the non-contact stripclubs and I always said there was no market for them but you always there was. I should look for those posts and quote them but I do not have the patience. Now look two of the non-contact stripclubs went contact. Stop posting comments as if you know everything because you do not. I am also tired of your constant annoying responses to my posts. If you do not like them stop responding. You have been a constant annoyance since I joined this board. You have some interesting contributions but it seems you always have to be the one with the last say and you come across as everyone should agree with your opinion. I was not complaining there I simply made a comment. I will say it again if you do not like it simply ignore it. I frankly do not care what you think anymore or anything else you have to say. Remember it is a democracy and everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you like it or not. You need to first GET OVER IT! Just ignore all my posts from now on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    And Cloud...if you opened up a club featuring only black dancers, you would have a club with very few clients. The reason most clubs hire primarily white dancers is because that's what draws in the clients the club needs to survive. It has nothing to do with racism, it's purely a business decision. Your constant complaining about it is really getting tired. Let it go already...

    Techman
    Last edited by CLOUD 500; 02-13-2009 at 02:59 PM.
    There is no knowledge that is not power.

  5. #5
    How they know that? Since they never have more then three. Have you been to the stripclubs in Toronto or Niagara Falls?? It is very different there.

    Quote Originally Posted by thebitchelor
    Exactly...every boss i talked with about it told me they take only 2-3 black girls per night because if they would be too much...first they wouldnt do money (too many competition)
    There is no knowledge that is not power.

  6. #6
    OK Cloud...first of all I am friends with managers at three of the best known strip clubs in town and I know the owners of two clubs personally. So yeah, I do know a bit about how clubs are run and what their criteria is when hiring dancers. One of the other reasons for the lack of ethnic dancers in Montreal is that, other than black ladies, there are very few of them that present themselves looking for work. To have the kind of variety you wish, you have to have that variety in the general community. Unfortunately here in Montreal, and Quebec in general, that variety does not exist in sufficient numbers. And you are right that things are different in Niagara Falls or Toronto or Windsor. They have a different population base to choose from. But this is Montreal, not Ontario. Different population base + different client base = different dancers to reflect that client base. It isn't that difficult to understand is it?

    The move to contact dances that both Super and Chez did, was done out of desperation as the entire strip club business in Montreal is on the decline. Moving to contact also cost both of those clubs their top dancers who had no interest in doing contact dances at any price in any club. They have also had a large shift in the type of clientele as most of their regular clients have left also. The smoking ban also had a lot to do with the decline in attendance.

    Lastly...if you want me to stop responding to your posts all you have to do is stop bitching about the same old thing every couple of months. We all know by now that no club in town has enough black ladies for your taste. No top Montreal club ever will. It's been that way for the 35 years that I've been going to strip clubs. It ain't gonna change any time soon so why not accept it and find another bone to pick. In the meantime there's always Bazaaz.

    Techman
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  7. #7
    I will take your word on you being friends with the managers of the clubs. But it is a review board and will continue to voice my opinion. Like I said if you do not like it ignore it. But I do not on attacking everything you say that I do not agree with. So stop attacking me and stop responding to my posts! It is as simple as that. I will continue to repeat what I say. It is obvious that you and I will never agree and is not likely gonna change. Like the previous thread on "SP rights to refuse a client" this contest bickering on your part is not gonna go anywhere. So I suggest that you stop responding to my posts as I will stop responding to yours. Get over it man! It is funny you mention it I know this like comparing apples to oranges but nevertheless applies to the same principal. There is a Escort agency that caters to only black SPs and if there was no market for it as much as you claim it would have closed a longtime ago. Oh yea. I forgot one thing. If these managers really know what they were doing they would not keep on loosing more business everyday. Let us see and these were your comments also. I think I will find the thread and posted later tonight. You always said the stripclubs do nothing to get more clients in(like special events), they nickel and dime whatever clients that bother to show up, they raise the prices, etc.. Let me ask you know and answer only if they actually told you this. Have these managers ever had more then three exotic women in a club? Have they ever tried. Or is this decision based on an assumption? Anyhow this is not the thread to argue about this. So finally like I said simply ignore my posts as I will yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    OK Cloud...first of all I am friends with managers at three of the best known strip clubs in town and I know the owners of two clubs personally. So yeah, I do know a bit about how clubs are run and what their criteria is when hiring dancers. One of the other reasons for the lack of ethnic dancers in Montreal is that, other than black ladies, there are very few of them that present themselves looking for work. To have the kind of variety you wish, you have to have that variety in the general community. Unfortunately here in Montreal, and Quebec in general, that variety does not exist in sufficient numbers. And you are right that things are different in Niagara Falls or Toronto or Windsor. They have a different population base to choose from. But this is Montreal, not Ontario. Different population base + different client base = different dancers to reflect that client base. It isn't that difficult to understand is it?

    The move to contact dances that both Super and Chez did, was done out of desperation as the entire strip club business in Montreal is on the decline. Moving to contact also cost both of those clubs their top dancers who had no interest in doing contact dances at any price in any club. They have also had a large shift in the type of clientele as most of their regular clients have left also. The smoking ban also had a lot to do with the decline in attendance.

    Lastly...if you want me to stop responding to your posts all you have to do is stop bitching about the same old thing every couple of months. We all know by now that no club in town has enough black ladies for your taste. No top Montreal club ever will. It's been that way for the 35 years that I've been going to strip clubs. It ain't gonna change any time soon so why not accept it and find another bone to pick. In the meantime there's always Bazaaz.

    Techman
    There is no knowledge that is not power.

  8. #8
    I know. But let us thank our friend Techman for hijacking this thread who feels the need to attack everyone of my posts he does not agree with .

    Quote Originally Posted by thebitchelor
    if they know that its probably because they already have more than 2-3 .....And i just repeat what i heard, and no i never went to niagara falls because i heard really bad thing about this place..and from some very good friends, but here you are in the cleo's thread!!!!
    There is no knowledge that is not power.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montreal, South Shore
    Posts
    452

    Going to Chez?

    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    OK Cloud...
    The move to contact dances that both Super and Chez did, ...
    Techman
    I find it very funny when anglophones are using Chez as it was a meaningful word. In the present context I guess Techman is talking about SuperSexe and Chez Parée (or Chez Mado or Chez Francis). However, in French, Chez is the equivalent of 's in English; consequently, Chez Parée and Chez Mado simply mean Parée's and Mado's. I think that you can now understand that using Chez alone is as meaningful as saying that you go to 's!!
    Techman, please don't take it as an insult or a critic, just a friendly note about our beautiful French language but, I know, sometimes puzzling for anglophones. Your reviews and comments on MERB are always strongly appreciated.
    Regards.
    old_beginner

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    gizmoville
    Posts
    196

    go cloud

    i prefer to hear complaints than to hear a smart-ass... so continue complaining cloud... here we are free to express our opinions and experiences, not all post have to be 'cool' sided like some guys here pretend to be.

  11. #11
    Yea and you are entitled to your opinion as is Techman. But like I said I do not go around attacking him every time he posts something I do not agree with. Techman did not need to respond at all. We both clearly do not agree and that will never change. So to keep the peace it is better to ignore each others posts. You see even though I do not agree with a lot of your posts I do not go and attack you at every post you make. Something to think about.

    Quote Originally Posted by thebitchelor
    well, i like Techman ..and i have to admit I am always agree with him(almost)...
    There is no knowledge that is not power.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by old_beginner
    Techman, please don't take it as an insult or a critic, just a friendly note about our beautiful French language but, I know, sometimes puzzling for anglophones.
    Get ready for it OB.... he'll take your comments as proof positive that you are a peadophile.


    While not always comfortable with Cloud's posts I find he brings a unique and thoughtful perspective to the board that makes one think a bit.


    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    And Cloud...if you opened up a club featuring only black dancers, you would have a club with very few clients. The reason most clubs hire primarily white dancers is because that's what draws in the clients the club needs to survive. It has nothing to do with racism, it's purely a business decision. Your constant complaining about it is really getting tired. Let it go already...
    There is something deliciously wrong with this. Any words I change will be highlighted - get the point?

    And Kloud...if you opened up a Klu Klux Klan klub in Alabama featuring only black dancers, you would have a klub with very few clients. The reason most klubs hire primarily white dancers is because that's what draws in the klients the klub needs to survive. It has nothing to do with racism, it's purely a business decision. Your konstant komplaining about it is really getting tired. Let it go already...

    (PS I am NOT (and I mean it) saying Techman is racist.)
    Last edited by Dee; 02-13-2009 at 06:58 PM.

  13. #13
    Exactly my point. But our friend Techman has this need to keep on attacking everyone of my posts as he does not agree with them. Maybe he gets a sense of satisfaction. Who really knows and frankly I do not care. Techman, I think you should pick another bone to pick .

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo
    i prefer to hear complaints than to hear a smart-ass... so continue complaining cloud... here we are free to express our opinions and experiences, not all post have to be 'cool' sided like some guys here pretend to be.
    There is no knowledge that is not power.

  14. #14
    Cloud I agree with what youre saying but the reason why most dancers are

    french canadian in clubs is because those are the majority of girls in this

    province and also the majority that want to do this kind of work.

  15. #15
    I agree with this .

    Quote Originally Posted by master_bates
    Cloud I agree with what youre saying but the reason why most dancers are

    french canadian in clubs is because those are the majority of girls in this

    province and also the majority that want to do this kind of work.
    There is no knowledge that is not power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •