Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Hockey and Gossips

  1. #1
    retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    563

    Hockey and Gossips

    Montreal's sport press is in turmoil, everyone is talking af a bomb that's about to blow over the team in the press in the coming hours... with all the present distraction going on, another scandal is just wath we need to go from a disapointing season to a complete disaster for the team's 100th year of existence... this is not how we want to make history.

  2. #2

    Go Leafs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    suddenly the Leafs are looking pretty good



    Quote Originally Posted by benxxx
    Montreal's sport press is in turmoil, everyone is talking af a bomb that's about to blow over the team in the press in the coming hours... with all the present distraction going on, another scandal is just wath we need to go from a disapointing season to a complete disaster for the team's 100th year of existence... this is not how we want to make history.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx
    suddenly the Leafs are looking pretty good
    Montreal is having troubles (and not for the first time - think of the many scandals involving Lafleur, not to mention Chelios, Roy, Corson, etc. etc.), but it's hard to believe ANYTHING could make the shitbag Leafs look good!

  5. #5
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!........ Seems the shoes on the other foot so to speak, Leafs are the Class orginization of Canada! (even when rebuilding for the NEAR FUTURE!) .....Toronto = Hockey Capital


    Quote Originally Posted by joelcairo
    Montreal is having troubles (and not for the first time - think of the many scandals involving Lafleur, not to mention Chelios, Roy, Corson, etc. etc.), but it's hard to believe ANYTHING could make the shitbag Leafs look good!

  6. #6
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,823
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx
    Truth hurts? the fact is Toronto is not far behind Montreal point wise and the way the habs are going, its not likely but a remote possibility that the Leafs could finish very close to the habs point wise.
    Say it ain't so!! I want the Leafs to finish as close to the bottom as possible. Drafting either John Tavares or Victor Hedman will cut the amount of years it'll take to rebuild in half. They won't make the playoffs this year anyways, so even though i'll watch every single Leafs game & cheer when they score a goal, i'm not totally unhappy when they lose a game since it means it gives a chance to teams such as Tampa Bay, Ottawa & Atlanta to surpass them in the standings. Of course, i hope they beat the Habs everytime they play them, of course. How could i cheer against them when they play the hated Habs?

    The Isles look like a lock to grab last place. But there are rumours floating around that John Tavares won't report to them if they draft him. As for the possibility of Atlanta finishing 2nd last, it's a possibility, but considering nobody's going to their games, there's a good chance the team will either fold or move somewhere else.

    As for the Leafs presently being a classier organization, it's quite plausible. The Leafs ALWAYS were a classy organization & had mostly competitive, playoff-type teams when they were run by the likes of Cliff Fletcher, Ken Dryden & Pat Quinn. They hit a stumbling bloc when they brought in JF Jr. and gave him carte blanche. But now with people such as Brian Burke, Dave Nonis & Joe Niewendyk running the franchise, they're on the right track once again.

    As for the Habs having more scandals than the Leafs, i'll be fair & admit that the night life in both cities are like night & day. There are much more temptations in Mtl as compared to Toronto. Plus the fact that for some strange reasons, Habs fans look at every single Habs player as a demi-God. I mean....ONLY in Mtl would you have anyone adulating over the likes of Guillaume Latendresse, Patrice Bouillon, Steve Begin, Sergei Kostitsyn & many others. In most of the other NHL cities, players of their calibre are invisible. In french, DES DEUX DE PIQUES!! (Hockey bums)

  7. #7
    retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    563
    well, you got me Doc, i'm a die hard fan of Patrice Bouillon

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!........ Seems the shoes on the other foot so to speak, Leafs are the Class orginization of Canada! (even when rebuilding for the NEAR FUTURE!) .....Toronto = Hockey Capital
    The Leafs are a make work project. They are constantly rebuilding, kinda like the Champlain bridge.

    In Toronto, NEAR FUTURE means sometime in the next millenium.

    Yup...TRUTH HURTS HUH?????
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  9. #9
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    The Leafs are a make work project. They are constantly rebuilding, kinda like the Champlain bridge.

    In Toronto, NEAR FUTURE means sometime in the next millenium.

    Yup...TRUTH HURTS HUH?????
    As the ol' proverb goes, "PEOPLE LIVING IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULDN'T BE THROWING STONES."

    p.s. 10-12 Habs players will be unrestricted free agents come season's end. Most of them are not expected to return. If that's not considered rebuilding a franchise (or about to), i don't know what is. That many unrestricted free agents on a team is totally unheard of!

  10. #10
    Doc, this is Montreal. We don't rebuild, we just keep patching the potholes hoping they don't get big enough to swallow us whole!

    Looks like we'll have a lot of patching to do next year. Having 10 UFAs on a team is an insane situation and it will be very interesting to see how the team looks next year.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  11. #11
    Toronto is a proud franchise, and Leafs Nation has not been happy with the way the Ferguson era went, but we are on the right track, and habs fans no it, and thats the truth, and "YOU" know it


    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    The Leafs are a make work project. They are constantly rebuilding, kinda like the Champlain bridge.

    In Toronto, NEAR FUTURE means sometime in the next millenium.

    Yup...TRUTH HURTS HUH?????

  12. #12
    Tech, your post simply put = "Habs 2009-2010 A Season for the construction workers, rebuilding a once proud franchise formerly known as the Montreal Canadiens"





    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    Doc, this is Montreal. We don't rebuild, we just keep patching the potholes hoping they don't get big enough to swallow us whole!

    Looks like we'll have a lot of patching to do next year. Having 10 UFAs on a team is an insane situation and it will be very interesting to see how the team looks next year.

  13. #13
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,823

    Hobbyist brothers will likely be suspended

    Kostitsyn brothers will likely get suspended by Gary Bettman for 'conduct detrimental to the league's image':

    http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sport...176/story.html

    Makes me wonder what Serge Kostitsyn's feud with Mike Grabovski is all about. Could it be over a woman? Just speculating.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 02-23-2009 at 09:26 AM.

  14. #14
    THANK YOU BURKIE !!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Quebec City
    Posts
    689

    Not gonna happen

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    Hobbyist brothers will likely be suspended
    Six games for a repeat offender = zero games for first time offenders.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    Kostitsyn brothers will likely get suspended by Gary Bettman for 'conduct detrimental to the league's image':

    http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sport...176/story.html

    Makes me wonder what Serge Kostitsyn's feud with Mike Grabovski is all about. Could it be over a woman? Just speculating.

    i don't think that they'll get suspended. just a simple tap on the hand and some heads up in the night life...

    dtp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •