Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo radar in Quebec

Photo radar in Quebec

Do you think is a safety concern or another cash grab?

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=MontrealHome

Quote Originally Posted by master_bates
    Do you think is a safety concern or another cash grab?

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=MontrealHome
    It's a cash grab, imo.

I would support them ... if the government also re-examined the speed limits on the affected roadways to determine if the speed limits are appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by G1GBallday
    I wonder how long before those are banned, like radar detectors.

I'm so annoyed by this.

Let's be honest here for a second... if the government really wanted to halt speeding they would simply force car makers to limit vehicles to 100kph.

Another limpy move towards a police state if you ask me. Just like the cell phones.

At least now there will most likely be more people updating the police traps on online services and they will lose even more money.

I remember a few years ago they had studied the possibilities of doing this and it had failed.

1) No way to prove who the driver is...can you just imagine how many people will be contesting these tickets? How much will this cost to taxpayers in terms of loss of time? ok, so no demerit points but c'mon...

2) There were problems back then when even considering adding a front licence plate. Something about invasion of privacy... can't remember exactly. But it was something along those lines.

I really hate incompetent ministers. Trying to leave their mark with such stupidities.

...just my 2 cents.
    "I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy."
    -- Steve Martin

I am me, too!
    G1, the plate blockers were proved useless.

The electronic gps camera detector, they don't detect anything, they rely on databases updated by human beings using the system in the zone of interest. If there's no user of the specific product in the area, the database won't be updated so, you'll never know what hit you!

I think it is a cash grab and will surely avoid those intersections where the

cameras are placesd.

Quote Originally Posted by neverbored
    1) No way to prove who the driver is...can you just imagine how many people will be contesting these tickets? How much will this cost to taxpayers in terms of loss of time? ok, so no demerit points but c'mon...
    They dont really care who the driver is, the owner of the car is the one the

ticket will be sent to. Its up to him after to figure out if it was him or

someone else driving the car at the time.

I'm so annoyed by this.

Let's be honest here for a second... if the government really wanted to halt speeding they would simply force car makers to limit vehicles to 100kph.
    there's no way in hell that they'll halt speeding. it there major source of revenue. whithout that we will be paying more taxes...

and for the radar, it to cut on humain payroll sitting in a car getting paid, using a car, waisting gas and writting up a citation.. i give it 2 years after it's up and it will come down...it will never last. it will cost the city more in court contesting the tickets .

my 2 cents

dtp

hi

http://photoradarbuster.com/

trust me i gonna buy one for sure
    p.s.but where could i buy it???
    Last edited by panthere; 02-25-2009 at 11:26 AM.
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

I am me, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by panthere
    http://photoradarbuster.com/

trust me i gonna buy one for sure
    p.s.but where could i buy it???
    Panthere, I said it before, these tricks just don't work.

They are going to advertise where these photo-shit will be installed. They only thing left for drivers is to obey the law in these sectors. Will it slow-down peoples and make yellow lights be seen as a "prepare to stop" indication rather than the current "speed-up"? I think so.
    Last edited by metoo4; 02-25-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Locations of cameras

In total, there will be 15 locations in Quebec, and six of those in Montreal:

-McDougal at the entrance of Le Boulevard and Cedar avenue in Westmount

-Ste-Catherine east at Iberville

-Notre-Dame east at the entrance of De Lorimier and Gonthier Ave.

-University at Notre-Dame west

-On Highway 15 south, 300 metres before the Atwater exit

-Decarie north at Pare

Quote Originally Posted by master_bates
    Locations of cameras

In total, there will be 15 locations in Quebec, and six of those in Montreal:

-McDougal at the entrance of Le Boulevard and Cedar avenue in Westmount

-Ste-Catherine east at Iberville

-Notre-Dame east at the entrance of De Lorimier and Gonthier Ave.

-University at Notre-Dame west

-On Highway 15 south, 300 metres before the Atwater exit

-Decarie north at Pare

even better im only there about 4 time a year...lol

Merber

Exclamation

Another limpy move towards a police state if you ask me. Just like the cell phones.
    And what about that: http://bauermill.wordpress.com/2007/...vacy-invasion/
    With the Onstar system, they can track where you are, what speed you've been driving, what you're saying...

Also: http://www.suddenlyeverythingsucks.c...tracking.shtml
    I personally think private companies are a bigger threat to privacy than the government, since what they do is not as publicized or scrutinized, plus they will share happily with said government anyway.

Another reason to let GM go out of business.
    o . o . b . e

A few years back I was looking at a GM vehicle and the dealer refused to remove the onstar system. I told him I wanted it 100% out, not just disabled and they wouldn't do it. So I didn't buy from GM...

I agree that it's a ridiculous invasion of privacy. All you onstar people who see SPs and MPs etc and would rather nobody else know about it -- well all your driving is recorded by onstar... Think about that.

BD

I am me, too!
    To disable OnStar, you simply unplug the antenna. After a while, the transmitter will likely blow-up (because of SWR too high cause by the transmitter "pushing" into a non-existant antenna at full power) and, in the mean time, it won't connect to the cellular network 90% of the time because the signal will be too low.

OnStar DOES use the cellular phone network so, if your phone have no reception, it is likely OnStar won't work, unless they are on a competitor's network who happen to have a cell tower closer than your cell phone provider's. I think OnStar use CDMA so, Bell and Telus in Canada.

OnStar can't be removed on newer models. On older ones, (the ones with big cell phone antenna) the cellular module and GPS were separate from the car's electronics but nowadays, they are integrated to other components. The removing of the antenna wire for the cell phone and gps is still the best and simpler way to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast