Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite movie filmed in Montreal?

Favourite movie filmed in Montreal?

The Whole Nine Yards.

Great cast: Bruce Willis, Natasha, Matthew Perry & Amanda Peet.

what's yours?

Buttman and Rocco go to Montreal

Great cast: Rocco "the italian stalion" Sifreddi, John Stagliano

Tangerine Dream, Kimberly Franklin, Judy Star, Barbie Belle
    Stay thirsty my friends

How about stephen kings - "Secret Window"

filmed in Bromont, Montreal, and NY state
    "I'll do what I can to help y'all. But, the game's out there, and it's play or get played. That simple."

The Score, Dinero & Norton.

taking lives - angelina jolie & ethan hawke

the jackal - bruce willis & richard gere

Without getting into local movies and sticking to Hollywood
    production
    The Heist

Gene Hackman, Danny de Vito

Art Of War with Wesley Snipes
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

Blades of Glory - Will Farrell
    Last edited by CWipes; 04-06-2009 at 12:21 AM.

How about 300? The special effects were amazing. Took a quote from another site:

"The film was photographed almost entirely on a sound-stage in Montreal, using blue-screen and green-screen backgrounds. The only part of the movie not shot on the sound-stage was the shot of the Persian messengers appearing over the top of a hill as they gallop towards Sparta, which was shot on location in Los Angeles. However, even this shot was heavily manipulated in post-production."
    Confucius say: Man who take woman into house on side of hill - not on level.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyxxx

Death race

Where did the racing take place?
    Stay thirsty my friends

Back in 2002 or 2003 George Clooney & Brad Pitt were filming a movie in Montreal and staying at the Vogue, I can't remember the name of the movie, they were there for about 2 months. I remember Clooney bartending in the small bar in the lobby late one night caused quite a stir. He was actually quite a nice guy. Didn't get to meet Pitt though.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

maybe we need to make a distinction between:

movies that were filmed in Montreal and the plot occurs in Montreal

AND

movies that were filmed in Montreal, but the plot has nothing to do with Montreal, or Montreal was used as a substitute for another city.

For example:

Snake Eyes - filmed in Montreal, plot is supposed to be Atlantic City, NJ

The Terminal - Mirabel used as a substitute for JFK

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K
    Back in 2002 or 2003 George Clooney & Brad Pitt were filming a movie in Montreal and staying at the Vogue, I can't remember the name of the movie, they were there for about 2 months. I remember Clooney bartending in the small bar in the lobby late one night caused quite a stir. He was actually quite a nice guy. Didn't get to meet Pitt though.
    I think you're referring to "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind". I used to stay at the Vogue regularly back in those days & bumped into him once at the bar. He was there with his then-gf Maria Bertrand, a waitress at Restaurant Le Globe (on St-Laurent) who was also a model & aspiring actress. He gave her a small role in the movie (in 'The Dating Game' segment, if i remember correctly). A lady friend of mine also appeared in that movie. I also bumped into George on two consecutive nights across the street at Club Wanda's. He seemed to enjoy himself.....

Clooney wasn't that well known back then, having finished his stint on 'ER' & with only a few movies under his belt at the time, including 'Three Kings'. The girls at Wanda's just knew he was an actor & that was it, and a few of them spent the evening asking me in what movie he had appeared in. Previously & even before being told by one of the girls that George was there, i had went over to his table (the first night he was sitting with members of the production company at a nearby table) to ask the guys at his table for a cigarette....i was good friends with one of the strippers at the time & her 'colleague' had asked me if i had a cigarette. The next day, as strange as it sounds, a few of the girls referred to George as my friend (or vice-versa), simply because some of them had seen me go to his table on the previous night & because i seemed to be the only one in the place who seemed to know who he was.....anyways, it was a memorable time indeed.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 04-05-2009 at 10:04 PM.

Agnes of God with Jane Fonda and Anne Bankcroft

Quote Originally Posted by daddyxxx
    in the old port
    and how bout the one with deniro and ed norton? That one was about Montreal.
    The Score

Excellent Montreal movie, probably the best

Excellent scenery in Montreal, especially of Old Montreal. Movie definitely makes Montreal a character, but doesn't beat you over the head with it.

Highlights:

1) Norton, from Baltimore (wears Orioles cap), says he traveled 500 miles.
    2) Norton speaks French to cop
    3) Deniro owns jazz club
    4) Deniro smuggles stolen jewelry from upstate NY, VT across the St. Lawrence river
    5) Norton talks about customs house holding all kinds of valuables confiscated from all over Eastern Canada

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast