Thread: Bond, Montreal

Bond, Montreal

Bond, Montreal
    101 Fairmount O., Montreal

Has anyone been to this place? Is the area known as Mile End, similar to st catherines? Bars/Clubs Taxis? How busy is it?

Is it a good place to bring an enemy agent, I mean a date?

I was hoping this thread would be about Julia Bond
    Stay thirsty my friends

Quote Originally Posted by CocaCola
    Bond, Montreal
    101 Fairmount O., Montreal

Has anyone been to this place? Is the area known as Mile End, similar to st catherines? Bars/Clubs Taxis? How busy is it?

Is it a good place to bring an enemy agent, I mean a date?
    CC,
    No Mile End is no similar to downtown's Ste Catherine: it is an area that is more residential (with most busy activities coming from busy streets like St Laurent, St Urbain or Ave du Parc + couple of restaurants/bars sparsed here and there. To get there from downtown Mtl, you can take a taxi (not that far: 15 mins max with no traffic...all the way up St Laurent Street ). Close to that area, you have couple of Indian restaurants on St Laurent, a few bars on St Laurent mainly). While you are there, grab the legendary Fairmount Bagels on Fairmoount Street (between St Laurent and St Urbain, 1 strip club on Ave du Parc right at the corner of Fairmount, some pricey greek restaurants around Avenue du Parc / St Viateur)). I went to Bond in December (not too sure if it is still open. Call them to find out): It's not a cute cozy place. Bringing a date there? Yes, why not.
    Last edited by montreal_monk01; 04-22-2009 at 12:18 AM.
    DENISE MILANI REDEFINES HOTNESS! !!

If you do go for bagels go to st.viateur bagels, the best in the city

Parc ave. corner st.viateur

Its open 24hrs

You wont be sorry
    Stay thirsty my friends

I appreciate the tips. I will be there this weekend and am looking to find some new places to check out.

Monk - Why is it not a cute cozy place? I thought it was a popular hangout from the article, is that not the case?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CocaCola
    I appreciate the tips. I will be there this weekend and am looking to find some new places to check out.

Monk - Why is it not a cute cozy place? I thought it was a popular hangout from the article, is that not the case?

Thanks.
    Oups..sorry, that was a mistypo.
    it is a cute cozy place .
    DENISE MILANI REDEFINES HOTNESS! !!

Just to wrap up this story.

I did hit this place. Its just a block off fo St Laurant, really not to far from Sherbrook. I would describe this place as more of a neighborhood bar, still interesting but not that great. If your a JB fan you would find it fun. They are working on getting their website up. They are not officially licensed so I imagine eventually the studio will give them a call and they will have to change the name to somehting like Spy World. One of the Owner's has a pic of his uncle working with Roger Moore back in the 70's on a movie. The food was pretty good. I had the Dr. No, the Quantum, and the Stawberry field martinis. The mint they give you at the end of dinner, is not a mint, its not a suicide pill either, so be careful.