Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: CBC not airing semi-final games

  1. #1
    retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    563

    Angry CBC not airing semi-final games

    they say on the web-site that you can whatch streaming coverage of the game, but i checked all the links and only found highlights, enterviews, etc...
    anyone knows how to get the streaming broadcast of the games?

  2. #2
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,822
    Quote Originally Posted by benxxx
    anyone knows how to get the streaming broadcast of the games?
    When the games are on, you surf to the CBC HNIC site.

    I watched today's game between Chicago & Detroit on TSN. The game was also on NBC. Detroit won today's game.

  3. #3
    retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    When the games are on, you surf to the CBC HNIC site.

    I watched today's game between Chicago & Detroit on TSN. The game was also on NBC. Detroit won today's game.
    LOL, iknow you have to tune in during the game... i checked during the middle of the second, for like 20 minutes and couldn't find where to get the broadcast i'll try to look bether next time

    thanks anyway.

  4. #4
    ‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^› Special K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    5,108
    Maybe because there are no Canadian teams left. Hahaha!!
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

    Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

  5. #5
    this is sad, and i was thinking the same thing the last week that i remember growing up seeing ALL the playoffs on CBC and i dont even live in Canada! ........ its Canada's Game and its a shame they cant carry the games, ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Special K
    Maybe because there are no Canadian teams left. Hahaha!!

  6. #6
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,822
    Quote Originally Posted by benxxx
    they say on the web-site that you can whatch streaming coverage of the game, but i checked all the links and only found highlights, enterviews, etc...
    anyone knows how to get the streaming broadcast of the games?
    I believe that they mean you can tune in WHEN THE GAME IS SIMULTANEOUSLY BEING BROADCAST ON CBC. It won't work if the game is only being broadcast on a different channel (e.g. TSN).

  7. #7
    retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    563
    that's what i'g figured too i don't see wat this have to do with canadian or no canadian teams... they showed the pen's first 2 rounds against philly and washington... why couldn't they go on with the next round

  8. #8
    It has nothing to do with whether or not there is a Canadian team playing, it has everything to do with the contracts signed between the NHL and TSN and CBC.

    CBC will be carrying the games starting with game three of both series. You just have to check the schedule on the CBC website...

    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/Play.../schedule.html
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  9. #9
    ‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^› Special K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    It has nothing to do with whether or not there is a Canadian team playing, it has everything to do with the contracts signed between the NHL and TSN and CBC.
    You have to know I was joking, right Tman?
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

    Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •