Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Worst Drivers in the USA...

It's a whole new ballgame

The Worst Drivers in the USA...

...are surprisingly not from Massachusetts. According to the results of GMAC Insurance's National Drivers Test for 2009, drivers in New York, Hawaii, New Jersey, California, Georgia, and Rhode Island are actually even worse than those from Massachusetts.

According to these test results, Vermont drivers, while ranking 14th in the US, are the best drivers east of the Mississippi.

Please be advised when crossing the border into Massachusetts not to drive any vehicle newer than 1996.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...JzdC1kcml2ZXJz
    The mounties always get their man.

Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin
    Please be advised when crossing the border into Massachusetts not to drive any vehicle newer than 1996
    Yup, the biggest, most dented, rusted out vehicle has the right-of-way in Mass. Lived there in the 80's.

Banned
    ...are surprisingly not from Massachusetts. According to the results of GMAC Insurance's National Drivers Test for 2009, drivers in New York, Hawaii, New Jersey, California, Georgia, and Rhode Island are actually even worse than those from Massachusetts.

According to these test results, Vermont drivers, while ranking 14th in the US, are the best drivers east of the Mississippi.

Please be advised when crossing the border into Massachusetts not to drive any vehicle newer than 1996.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...JzdC1kcml2ZXJz
    LOL,

Please be advised that Rumples is an ex-New York City hack. Since we all know how lovely cab drivers are so goes his credibility on this issue.

Hugs,

Merlot

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot
    Please be advised that Rumples is an ex-New York City hack. Since we all know how lovely cab drivers are so goes his credibility on this issue.
    Actually, Merlot, while I grew up in NY, which, according to the report, has the worst drivers in the US, I didn't drive a hack until I moved to Boston. Spent over two years driving for Checker.

worst drivers, nothing to hit or states allowing cousins to marry?

1 IDAHO
    1 WISCONSIN
    3 MONTANA
    4 KANSAS
    5 SOUTH DAKOTA
    5 NEBRASKA
    7 UTAH
    8 WYOMING
    8 IOWA
    8 OREGON
    8 MINNESOTA
    12 ALASKA
    12 NORTH DAKOTA
    14 VERMONT
    15 COLORADO
    15 MISSOURI
    17 OKLAHOMA

What do all of these states have in common? There's absolutely nothing in these states except lots of open land and the occasional moose. You can be 5 sheets to the wind, driving your johnne deer tractor down the road in reverse...and still be covered by your insurance carrier.

I am me, too!
    NJ and NY the worst, I can easily vouch for that! I've never seen drivers that agressive and not giving a damn about anybody else than in NJ and NY.

Quote Originally Posted by metoo4
    I've never seen drivers that agressive and not giving a damn about anybody else than in NJ and NY.
    You should visit Germany one of these days then. Quick question...does anyone know what that lane on the left hand side is for on the freeways? Its the passing lane. How many people here 'drive' on that lane and stay there for the entire time on the freeway? People wouldnt be weaving in and out of traffic, passing on the left hand side (the slow lane) and cutting people off....if those interested in driving 10 miles over the speed limit kept out of the passing lane.

You'd be amazed how fast people move over when they are driving at 100km's per hour...and the car coming up on them is doing 220.

Quote Originally Posted by breadman
    How many people here 'drive' on that lane and stay there for the entire time on the freeway?
    They teach that in Driver's Ed in Massachusetts. Then they teach 'em how to pass in the breakdown lane.

I am me, too!
    I've been there before.

Germany actually have a law against flashing your high beams to ask the right-of-way. You can only put your left flasher and hope the guy in front will notice... Apparently, some peoples were freaking-out when driving in the middle of the night and sudently, it was daytime!

Anybody noticed the looong brake marks on almost any unlimited highways over there? That's the result of Grandpa driving at 100 and Junior getting-in behind at 220...

They teach that in Driver's Ed in Massachusetts.
    We may drive in that lane but not at 45mph like those asswipe VT drivers that don't have a clue what's going on around them.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Quote Originally Posted by Special K
    We may drive in that lane but not at 45mph like those asswipe VT drivers that don't have a clue what's going on around them.
    Thats typical for Mass drivers, have this big chip on there shoulder and act on it with road rage. Worst I have ever seen and I have driven all over the country from Cal to the whole eastern seaboard

I saw a pretty weird accident in montreal this past weekend waiting at a red

light. I was in the right lane. There was a big truck in the left lane and a

suzuki SUV right behind it. All of a sudden the truck reverses into the SUV

and totally smashes it.

Quote Originally Posted by master_bates
    I saw a pretty weird accident in montreal
    Sorry m_b, unless the driver of either vehicle was from Mass, it doesn't belong here.

This thread is for those who don't have driving skills & common sense behind the wheel to criticize and whine about those of us that do!

Voyager

ps There are 2 kinds of drivers on the road... the slow bastard in the left lane in front of you (probably from Vt.) and the crazy son-of-a-bitch coming up fast behind you (probably me!)
    "No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being."
    -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager
    the slow bastard in the left lane in front of you (probably from Vt.) and the crazy son-of-a-bitch coming up fast behind you (probably me!)
    the "slow bastard" in the left lane is probably doing 72 to your 85 and is probably passing someone from Massachusetts who is doing 50 in the slow lane, while being passed in the breakdown lane by someone from Massachusetts doing 75.

the "slow bastard" in the left lane is probably doing 42 to your 85 and is probably daydreaming about someone from Massachusetts who is doing 65 in the slow lane, while being passed in the breakdown lane by someone from Massachusetts doing 75.
    Rumples, I made some corrections to your quote. Hahaha!!
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast