Thread: 2009 Fireworks Festival

2009 Fireworks Festival

Greetings all

I remember going to the waterfront years ago to watch the fireworks on a Saturday night.. If I remember correctly, the night before the Canadian Grand Prix.

As I will be returning on June 20th, I see that the festival will be on showcasing Spain..

So I need to ask...anyone have the " ideal place " to view the fireworks from ? I figured to head down to Old Montreal...

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

Best Regards

Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "

i might be on town during some of this, is it like a fun time? is it like a big party or more for kids?

Quote Originally Posted by smuler
    Greetings all

I remember going to the waterfront years ago to watch the fireworks on a Saturday night.. If I remember correctly, the night before the Canadian Grand Prix.

As I will be returning on June 20th, I see that the festival will be on showcasing Spain..

So I need to ask...anyone have the " ideal place " to view the fireworks from ? I figured to head down to Old Montreal...

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

Best Regards

Smuler

The best place would be on Jacques-Cartier bridge, which is closed to car-traffic and opened for pedestrians on firework nights. Another great place is on Notre-Dame street(also closed) close to Delorimier street or under the Jacques-Cartier bridge.

Igna...I guess that I am a little kid at heart.

The show usually lasts for about 20-30 minutes, if I recall correctly. Other than the 4th of July Macy's fireworks in NYC, or NYE in Amsterdam , this one is just as good....

Thanks Pokerpro for the logistcal information.

Best Regards

Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "

On or under the bridge is the best place, old montreal is a little far away and you don't get the full effect from this distance.