Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What airports have a train or subway station that heads downtown?

What airports have a train or subway station that heads downtown?

I've flown into Chicago (ORD) and have used their 'blue line' to head downtown...fare's something like 1.75 one way. Newark (EWR) i've heard has a train running to New York city. Montreal and Toronto's subway/train systems each fail to run directly to their airports.

What other airports have easy access to their downtown counterpart that would allow one to check out a city during a layover?

Paris France is one

london heathrow

London heathrow airport has multiple links to downtow

later
    Dragon

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by breadman
    Montreal and Toronto's subway/train systems each fail to run directly to their airports.
    I was under the impression that you could indeed take the train from the Airport (Dorval) into downtown. Isn't there a shuttle bus that runs between the nearby train station at Dorval to the terminal?

Mexico city, indeed the airport is inside the city

Smile Other Cities

Quote Originally Posted by breadman
    I've flown into Chicago (ORD) and have used their 'blue line' to head downtown...fare's something like 1.75 one way. Newark (EWR) i've heard has a train running to New York city. Montreal and Toronto's subway/train systems each fail to run directly to their airports.

What other airports have easy access to their downtown counterpart that would allow one to check out a city during a layover?
    Hartsfield in Atlanta. The Marta(subway) goes right into the airport and you can take the train downtown to Five Points and underground Atlanta.
    LISA'S FRIEND

Merber
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    I was under the impression that you could indeed take the train from the Airport (Dorval) into downtown. Isn't there a shuttle bus that runs between the nearby train station at Dorval to the terminal?
    There is, but it's not as fast or convenient as what you find in other places, for instance the king of all airports Schipol in Amsterdam.
    o . o . b . e

Washington Regan

You can check out DC. Great Subway system

Madrid,Spain excellent cheap midtown subway connection

Born again punter

Canada the holdout

If I remember correctly, it was about 20 years ago in the US that they started making airport rail links a priority. Thanks for all the city by city information so far.

I have travelled Belgium, Germany, Austria, Hungary and Romania by rail and there were rail links to many major airports all along that line.

Part of the Mirabel failure was the absence of just such a link. As far as Dorval, the passenger rail stop is located way out of the terminal area. Same thing at Pearson, but I believe they are building LRT there.

In Ottawa in the 1960's they tore up the railroad tracks going downtown and condemned beautiful Union Station, and relocated the passenger station in suburbia, but NOT at the airport . Dumb enough to move it away from downtown, dumber still how they did it.

Way to go Canada.
    Une vie sans folie, c'est une vie sans goût / Life without craziness, is life without taste

A poor corrupt official
    Berlin airport train

Vienna airport train

What's even better about Berlin and Vienna is that you can also take a train to get to the best FKK clubs in those cities.

Artemis (Berlin)

Goldentime (Vienna)
    Strasser: By the way, the murder of the couriers, what has been done?
    Renault: Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects.
    Heinze: We already know who the murderer is.
    Strasser: Good. Is he in custody?
    Renault: Oh, there's no hurry. Tonight he'll be at Rick's. Everybody comes to Rick's.

Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "

Amsterdam
    Boston ( T)
    Chicago (L)
    Washington DC (Metro)
    Minneapolis (light Rail)
    San Franciso (BART)
    Rome, Italy
    Malaga, Spain
    Moscow
    Sydney

Can anyone give me info on Philly? From airport to B. Franklin Parkway. Ease of use and safety? Available in evenings? Thanks.

Brussels (zaventem- north station brussels (right in the middle of the red light district!))
    Amsterdam (schipol-amsterdam)
    Paris (Charles de Gaule/Roisy- Paris)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast