View Poll Results: What is a comprehensive agency review?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just a legitimate review.

    4 28.57%
  • An unpaid advertisement.

    1 7.14%
  • Shilling.

    4 28.57%
  • Something else.

    5 35.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Agency Assessment Reviews: OK or Shilling?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visiting Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,160

    Agency Assessment Reviews: OK or Shilling?

    Hello all,

    First, please reference all comments within this board only.

    I'll try to keep this opening post simple. Should members be writing reviews assessing the performance of an entire agency's performance as a whole? Or should reviews only be from one's own personal experience with the escort or personal interaction with the agency's owners and associates instead of comprehensive agency reviews?

    Hmmm,

    Merlot

  2. #2

    Talking Hmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlot
    Hello all,

    First, please reference all comments within this board only.

    I'll try to keep this opening post simple. Should members be writing reviews assessing the performance of an entire agency's performance as a whole? Or should reviews only be from one's own personal experience with the escort or personal interaction with the agency's owners and associates instead of comprehensive agency reviews?

    Hmmm,

    Merlot
    Hmmm - does this board have any agency reviews?
    Last edited by eastender; 06-28-2009 at 06:04 PM.
    LISA'S FRIEND

  3. #3
    MERB does not have, and will not have, reviews of agencies posted here. If anyone wishes to comment on the service they received from an agency, they may do so in the content of their review of the SP.

    Mod 8

  4. #4
    Original Dude
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    3,705
    I think its fine like it is right now, reviewing the agency/phone operator in the escort review.
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

  5. #5

    Lightbulb Fairness

    Just a couple of things. First off, what format might such a review take?

    There seems to be a certain degree of hit and miss with bookings often beyond the control of the agency. This can result in misunderstandings and misdirected blame. Might be something that a reviewer has to work around.

    There is no question that agencies share a certain degree of responsibility regarding delivery of service. My one concern here would be one of fairness. I have noticed that whenever an agency is taken to task by a member for a perceived slight or otherwise, objectivity, on the part of some members, is the first casualty. This sometimes happens with regular reviews of SP's but does seem to happen with Agencies as well. And the corollary to that is that agencies unlike SP's are more open to positive and negative shilling for personal gain, either on the part of a member or on the part of rival agency owners. The congregate effect is that often agencies with generally good reputations get a bum rap.

    A couple of other issues. I find that sometimes when an agency is taken to task there are two scenarios: It is either on one particular issue either general or specific to one member or the comment is on a particular agency practice but the complaint is lacking in specifics (names places dates etc.) This is not to say that some agencies are generally blameless for a host of transgressions or a practice which is generally a negative for all. However these agencies tend to become known very quickly simply because there are fewer agencies than SP's and second because they don't move around and name change to any great degree.

    Recently there has been some controversy over the unjustified censure by moderators of any criticism of a supporting agency. I must say that in truth I have found this to be rarely the case. In fact I can think of only one incident where I do have a concern. But on the whole many members are fast and loose with the facts. Now for an SP this kind of thing is not quite so critical due to the fact that members see the SP up close and personal and know right away if the criticism bears out. It is just a little too easy for a bum rap to turn into a board wide censure very quickly where agencies are concerned. I suspect that this might be the rational behind the MODS stepping in. And in addition it is very easy to note which agency owners scramble to do damage control because it is often done publicly here on the forum. That does seem to be the chief yardstick for many members.

    Now this is my take on it. There maybe other members who share a few insights that I don't. But just to sum it up for me, I would be concerned that some protection for fairness might be built into the process.
    Confucius say: Man who take woman into house on side of hill - not on level.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Guy
    Just a couple of things. First off, what format might such a review take?

    There seems to be a certain degree of hit and miss with bookings often beyond the control of the agency. This can result in misunderstandings and misdirected blame. Might be something that a reviewer has to work around.

    There is no question that agencies share a certain degree of responsibility regarding delivery of service. My one concern here would be one of fairness. I have noticed that whenever an agency is taken to task by a member for a perceived slight or otherwise, objectivity, on the part of some members, is the first casualty. This sometimes happens with regular reviews of SP's but does seem to happen with Agencies as well. And the corollary to that is that agencies unlike SP's are more open to positive and negative shilling for personal gain, either on the part of a member or on the part of rival agency owners. The congregate effect is that often agencies with generally good reputations get a bum rap.

    A couple of other issues. I find that sometimes when an agency is taken to task there are two scenarios: It is either on one particular issue either general or specific to one member or the comment is on a particular agency practice but the complaint is lacking in specifics (names places dates etc.) This is not to say that some agencies are generally blameless for a host of transgressions or a practice which is generally a negative for all. However these agencies tend to become known very quickly simply because there are fewer agencies than SP's and second because they don't move around and name change to any great degree.

    Recently there has been some controversy over the unjustified censure by moderators of any criticism of a supporting agency. I must say that in truth I have found this to be rarely the case. In fact I can think of only one incident where I do have a concern. But on the whole many members are fast and loose with the facts. Now for an SP this kind of thing is not quite so critical due to the fact that members see the SP up close and personal and know right away if the criticism bears out. It is just a little too easy for a bum rap to turn into a board wide censure very quickly where agencies are concerned. I suspect that this might be the rational behind the MODS stepping in. And in addition it is very easy to note which agency owners scramble to do damage control because it is often done publicly here on the forum. That does seem to be the chief yardstick for many members.

    Now this is my take on it. There maybe other members who share a few insights that I don't. But just to sum it up for me, I would be concerned that some protection for fairness might be built into the process.
    What do you really know about the agency your calling besides the phone number and the guys first name who owns the agency? And your probably wrong about his first name...

    where are they located? how do they find their girls? do the girls sit in the vehicle until they are booked or out an office somewhere?

    As to the rest of your run on...can you rephrase your post so the regular guy here can understand what your trying to say?

    Im reading hit and miss bookings, misunderstandings and working around what? What's to work around but getting unlawful carnal knowledge? Sex.

    Delivery of service and taken to task and a casualty? We still talking about Sex? SP's are reviewed and their agency is mentioned...

    Shilling goes on for SP's, agencys and the like...learn to read thru the bullshit.
    Last edited by breadman; 06-28-2009 at 04:36 PM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visiting Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,160
    Hello all,

    I didn't think the "agency review", per se, was specifically covered in the board rules, so because it seemed like the issue might come up soon I thought it would be timely to get some feedback from the membership and a statement from the mods now. I don't think every situation or scenario has to be in play before some direction can be given about it. In my view the "agency review" has characteristics that have some legitimacy, but others that are ethically questionable. Getting feedback and official clarification now could spare all of us some unnecessary time and effort, as well as controversy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Guy
    Just a couple of things. First off, what format might such a review take?

    There seems to be a certain degree of hit and miss with bookings often beyond the control of the agency. This can result in misunderstandings and misdirected blame. Might be something that a reviewer has to work around.

    There is no question that agencies share a certain degree of responsibility regarding delivery of service. My one concern here would be one of fairness. I have noticed that whenever an agency is taken to task by a member for a perceived slight or otherwise, objectivity, on the part of some members, is the first casualty. This sometimes happens with regular reviews of SP's but does seem to happen with Agencies as well. And the corollary to that is that agencies unlike SP's are more open to positive and negative shilling for personal gain, either on the part of a member or on the part of rival agency owners. The congregate effect is that often agencies with generally good reputations get a bum rap.

    A couple of other issues. I find that sometimes when an agency is taken to task there are two scenarios: It is either on one particular issue either general or specific to one member or the comment is on a particular agency practice but the complaint is lacking in specifics (names places dates etc.) This is not to say that some agencies are generally blameless for a host of transgressions or a practice which is generally a negative for all. However these agencies tend to become known very quickly simply because there are fewer agencies than SP's and second because they don't move around and name change to any great degree.

    Recently there has been some controversy over the unjustified censure by moderators of any criticism of a supporting agency. I must say that in truth I have found this to be rarely the case. In fact I can think of only one incident where I do have a concern. But on the whole many members are fast and loose with the facts. Now for an SP this kind of thing is not quite so critical due to the fact that members see the SP up close and personal and know right away if the criticism bears out. It is just a little too easy for a bum rap to turn into a board wide censure very quickly where agencies are concerned. I suspect that this might be the rational behind the MODS stepping in. And in addition it is very easy to note which agency owners scramble to do damage control because it is often done publicly here on the forum. That does seem to be the chief yardstick for many members.

    Now this is my take on it. There maybe other members who share a few insights that I don't. But just to sum it up for me, I would be concerned that some protection for fairness might be built into the process.
    Agreed!

    My view is reviews should be from direct personal experience only. Within that scope there is a chance of accuracy and fairness. Even then we have all seen the difficulties of emotions, the variations of standards, the interplay of biases in several forms, and the interjection of suspicions. In my view for any single practicing hobby member to then presume to be fair on a much broader scope that also includes many areas beyond direct personal experience is presumptuous to say the least.

    Then I just don't know what to call these "agency reviews". Are they critiques, promotions, advertisements, a menu of services? Some possibilities could be useful if they stopped at listing services, but the agencies do that. Others commending how well the agency works, how proficient their escorts are, the reliability of the appointments could be anything from a critique to a promotion, an advertisement, to shilling. But attempting to be comprehensive by assessing all the associated people, escorts, and operating elements of the agency the reviewer could not possibly be well informed on and without some sort of agreed upon standards with real fairness and reasonable accuracy, never mind any possible conflict of interest, is impossible, and makes such reviews faulted beyond usefulness.

    Cheers,

    Merlot
    Last edited by Merlot; 06-28-2009 at 04:56 PM.

  8. #8

    what we are all looking for...

    How many here have read a review raving about the girls looks and service...only to have a dud? Probably 99% of you. So ask yourself...will an agency review fix this sitation? And besides, how many times can a poster review an agency?

    Problem is this...you don't know who the reviewer is, what he likes, dislikes, his age, his sexual orientation, his weight...basically you don't know anything about the guy. What do you do? You read reviews...and when you find a poster who rates most of the girls you've seen pretty close to your own experience...and trust only those who pass this test.

    What's my opinion? The boards, websites will never be enough to pick out the girls, for that you need to meet them in person before deciding.

  9. #9

    Lightbulb Clearer?

    What do you really know about the agency your calling besides the phone number and the guys first name who owns the agency? And your probably wrong about his first name...
    True, if you have never been a member of a board where you have been able to research a little bit and come up with some kind of reasonable assessment based on a synthesis of all the relevant comments or pm's or both. Many members have.

    where are they located? how do they find their girls? do the girls sit in the vehicle until they are booked or out an office somewhere?
    Who gives a shit about this stuff? It's all about whether the girls are relatively reliable, the agency has some kind of discipline with them, in other words does, for the most part what an agency is expected to do.

    As to the rest of your run on...can you rephrase your post so the regular guy here can understand what your trying to say?
    I'll try to cover the main points in words of two syllables or less: When a member complains about an agency often it has to do with a misunderstanding between the agency and the client. It devolves into a he said /she said thing. And it is often human nature to see things from one's own point of view. So the facts get distorted. The agency is often at pains to explain how the member failed to get his message across or has to correct the facts then often offer some sort of redress. In the second case accusations are generalized and thrown around fast and loose. Example: “Oh yeah I tried one of their girls once. She was dirty. I wouldn't try that agency if I were you! I think the agency owner would be justified in being a little miffed at having the whole agency tarred with one brush. An agency has the right to expect names and specifics i.e constructive criticism.

    Im reading hit and miss bookings, misunderstandings and working around what? What's to work around but getting unlawful carnal knowledge? Sex.
    There have been documented occasions where clients booked an SP in good faith and the girl failed to show up for work for no valid reason. There is a strong likelihood that the agency owner and the booker are miffed as well as the client. Situations like this have to be made clear and blame not necessarily laid on the doorstep of the agency. So reviewers would have to work around stuff like this.

    Delivery of service and taken to task and a casualty? We still talking about Sex? SP's are reviewed and their agency is mentioned...
    I think I covered this above.


    Shilling goes on for SP's, agencys and the like...learn to read thru the bullshit.
    Yeah, you're right it does. But right now it tends to happen in SP reviews and for some it's a pain in the ass. Doesn't mean that they don't know how to read through the bullshit, as you put it. Personally I think that all we need is a review format literally begging the shillers to turn shilling into an art form. Maybe it wouldn't irritate you but it would me. And I'll state that here thanks.
    Confucius say: Man who take woman into house on side of hill - not on level.

  10. #10
    Then I just don't know what to call these "agency reviews". Are they critiques, promotions, advertisements, a menu of services? Some possibilities could be useful if they stopped at listing services, but the agencies do that. Others commending how well the agency works, how proficient their escorts are, the reliability of the appointments could be anything from a critique to a promotion, an advertisement, to shilling. But attempting to be comprehensive by assessing all the associated people, escorts, and operating elements of the agency the reviewer could not possibly be well informed on and without some sort of agreed upon standards with real fairness and reasonable accuracy, never mind any possible conflict of interest, is impossible, and makes such reviews faulted beyond usefulness.
    Yes clearly comparing agency reviews with SP reviews can seem like comparing apples and oranges. There is certainly a difference in complexity. I mean it could get to the point where agency reviews are dependent on how well the actions of the girls reflects on the agency. That would put them into an almost impossible situation in this business. Also to institute formal agency reviews might have mods tearing their hair out trying to walk the fine line between demanding fairness in the review and not stifling free speech on the boards in such a way as it was understandable to every member.
    Confucius say: Man who take woman into house on side of hill - not on level.

  11. #11

    Smile Might make for a valuable addition if handled right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlot
    Hello all,

    First, please reference all comments within this board only.

    I'll try to keep this opening post simple. Should members be writing reviews assessing the performance of an entire agency's performance as a whole? Or should reviews only be from one's own personal experience with the escort or personal interaction with the agency's owners and associates instead of comprehensive agency reviews?

    Hmmm,

    Merlot
    Just a final comment for me. I do think that if a format were to be agreed upon to ensure fairness that agency reviews are viable. No reason they shouldn't be if handled fairly and posters managed to avoid the pitfalls. They just might make a welcome addition to the general knowledge base which a board is able to provide. After all it's these little extras which encourage membership and participation.
    Confucius say: Man who take woman into house on side of hill - not on level.

  12. #12
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by breadman
    How many here have read a review raving about the girls looks and service...only to have a dud? Probably 99% of you. So ask yourself...will an agency review fix this sitation? And besides, how many times can a poster review an agency?

    Problem is this...you don't know who the reviewer is, what he likes, dislikes, his age, his sexual orientation, his weight...basically you don't know anything about the guy. What do you do? You read reviews...and when you find a poster who rates most of the girls you've seen pretty close to your own experience...and trust only those who pass this test.

    What's my opinion? The boards, websites will never be enough to pick out the girls, for that you need to meet them in person before deciding.
    Breadman,

    There has been a large amount of wisdom imparted in your posts lately. You are obviously as experienced as anyone on this board, and people should listen to what you say because you bring a large amount of international experience as well as wisdom from that experience. I have not always agreed with you in the past, but I find myself doing so more and more as time goes on.

    I recall back in 2005, a new SP for a well known agency received an awful review on MERB, which hurt her substantially and, in my view, somewhat unfairly. She admitted to me that the bad review stemmed mainly from the fact that she had gotten drunk that night, having gone to a social event previously (the March 2005 HDLM party). I almost didn't see her because of the bad review, but I was glad that I did, and ended up seeing her many times before she finally left the business. The bottom line is it is all YMMV and everyone ultimately has no guarantee that they will have a good time. Girls have good and bad days and that can also effect the review as well as the expectations of the reviewer going in.

  13. #13
    I think that no matter how the agency answers the phone and talks to you, if they can't deliver the quality of girl you want to see who will give you the service you desire, it really means nothing. I'm sure that people will put up with a rude booker or a slow driver if they get the service they want from the lady they want at a price they're willing to pay.

    The bottom line is that it's always the girls that matter. Besides, you can always review the agency's service when you review the girl. Reviewing an agency on it's own is like reviewing a restaurant and not mentioning the food.

    When it comes to the boards, I think that agency reviews are a great way to make up for a lack of escort reviews. And I don't think I've noticed any lack of reviews on this board at least.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Guy
    where are they located? how do they find their girls? do the girls sit in the vehicle until they are booked or out an office somewhere?
    Who gives a shit about this stuff? It's all about whether the girls are relatively reliable, the agency has some kind of discipline with them, in other words does, for the most part what an agency is expected to do.
    Exactly what I was trying to say. What good is an agency review when basically all we want to know about are the girls...

    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    When it comes to the boards, I think that agency reviews are a great way to make up for a lack of escort reviews.
    Next thing ya know, they'll be reviewing massage parlours based on the quality of the sheets on the table.
    Last edited by breadman; 06-28-2009 at 08:51 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff jones
    plus you have a few contacts you can almost eliminate any bad encounters.
    There's more to it than just eliminating the bad encounters. No matter how much kissing and talking before the action starts, you only have say 10 minutes to get to know the girl. You can't have a real girl friend experience without longer interaction before moving onto the sex part of the game.

    Who here has been to one of those merb parties, met up with one of those hotties who attended...then had the chance to escort one back to your hotel room? The experience is unforgettable...same goes for meeting a hottie that you really connected with....but she's gone from the scene before you had the chance to do the deed. Same goes for the fkk clubs...being able to meet and interact with all the girls...then head off to the room right when the sparks are flying the highest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •