Thread: Free Agent losses/signings

Free Agent losses/signings

Montreal loses Komisareck to Toronto and signs a couple of pint-size forwards (Gionta and Camaleri), a big defenceman who is the slowest thing on skates (Gill). Habs just became smaller and less tough up front. Can't see them winning a playoff round with Boston with this lineup.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by Time to Punt
    Can't see them winning a playoff round with Boston with this lineup.
    Boston? You mean Toronto.

I agree with everything else that you wrote.

I think Toronto is still a couple of years away from winning a playoff round unless the kids from the AHL, such as Yuri T, light it up the way the way the K brothers did in '07'08 for the Habs. That was before the Mafia supplied drugs and broads of course,

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by Time to Punt
    That was before the Mafia supplied drugs and broads of course,
    Only difference between us & the 'K' brothers is that we have to pay.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 07-02-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Yeah, Koivu, Kovalev and Tanguay were real big tough guys!

Gill will be fine playing with someone like Markov. He was on the ice with Scuderi eveytime Ovechkin was on the ice against the Caps and Scuderi is no Markov. Plus the cheap shots on Markov will stop.

There's more to analyzing players/trades than size and points. Or maybe I should remind you that hockey is a team sport.
    Last edited by JustBob; 07-02-2009 at 04:28 PM.

I'm sure the Leafs will do just fine. Just think of the great harmony in the dressing room with Komisarek joining his old buddy Grabovski.

Just one big happy family!
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.