Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: 144 million...can you believe it? For Simon on American Idol

  1. #1

    144 million...can you believe it? For Simon on American Idol

    Simon Cowell is being offered $144million to stay on as a judge on American Idol next year. That`s an insult to honest wage earners. Actually its about $300,000.00 per Cowell insult of an insult.
    Goes to show you how desperate the suits at Fox are to save the ratings of their (on the skids) premier show.
    I`d love to see him replaced by a robot and save 143 million.

  2. #2
    American idol without him like what ???
    I like its insults were justs and justified !
    Last edited by CLAVIE; 07-03-2009 at 05:31 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVIE
    American idol without him like what ???
    Just for the hell of it, if they want I'll go insult people for free.

  4. #4
    Yes, in deed, this is an insult but let us recall we are living in corrupted world..Simon cowel is just an ignorant guy, but if bush can be president of the USA , so a guy like simon cowel can even make a billions....why not

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by newman1
    Yes, in deed, this is an insult but let us recall we are living in corrupted world..Simon cowel is just an ignorant guy, but if bush can be president of the USA , so a guy like simon cowel can even make a billions....why not
    Well said Newman1 !
    About the last part !

    I don't think Cowel is ignorant though !

    I mean... if he gets that kind of money just to be on a tv show.....it is just showing how ignorant all the others who scream 'God Bless America' while they see their fellow citizens getting scammed, loosing their jobs, houses, etc... while a guy like Cowel gets tons of money 'insulting' people !

    Wow ! I am so f*kin impressed with the 4th of July's celebrations !

  6. #6
    It's their money, they have the right to spend it as they wish. And like escorts, he's allowed to charge whatever he wishes.

    His job is to deliver viewers. And if he gets people to tune in, it's money well spent for them.

  7. #7
    If they pay him $144 million, it because he brings in at least that much and more. If he leave the show it might loose ratings, and kill the show. Reality shows are the cheapest shows to produce.

  8. #8
    I am a fan of this show...but I don't see it because simon is there, but because there are talents...anyhow Simon does a lot of work behind the scenes....I do like his comments from time to time , but I find him gross in most of the times..however, he does not deserve this amount of money...if he was living in Canada, than half this money would be collected by Taxes, that what I like in Canada!!!!

    I no wonder why the US is living this economic crisis, when somebody from England, can come to US, get paid for entertaining skill and leave...i mean he is not nuclear scientist or renowed scientist to derserve all this money...

  9. #9
    Bigfatoldwhiteguy
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Laval
    Posts
    192

    Question 144$ for Simon

    isn't he the owner of britain's Idol show ?
    that started all these show's copies around the world !

    YA DOGG

    Moby dick
    OUT

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler
    It's their money, they have the right to spend it as they wish. And like escorts, he's allowed to charge whatever he wishes.

    His job is to deliver viewers. And if he gets people to tune in, it's money well spent for them.
    Kepler, although I understand what you mean about the equation... you just gave me an opportunity to reply to the exact 'real' problem behind all this.

    The reality is "It's not their money !"

    America like Americans are knee deep in debt.

    They have been borrowing so much that they keep believing it's their money and yet they owe so much to so many people.

    America has a huge f*king good credit report. For now !
    That's all.

  11. #11
    American idol has a huge fan base in girls from mid, high skool to college, and women who are older than 35 with nothing better to do. but overall with jokes aside, I think its an ok show to watch once in a month or so.

    and btw, incase you didnt know it, those text messages to vote cost money, 144 million? nothing...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanJ
    The reality is "It's not their money !"
    America like Americans are knee deep in debt.
    When someone lends me money, it's now mine to do with as I please. Anyways, American Idol earns $623,000 per 30sec commercial. They are not in debt.

    A couple more points: Over one third of Americans live completely mortgage free! Only a tiny minority is "subprime".

    and: When you owe the bank $100,000 you are in trouble. When you owe the bank $100,000,000, they are in trouble. So when you hear "America has $10 trillion of debt", don't think "Poor them!" think... "Poor us!"

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudsurf
    Simon Cowell is being offered $144million to stay on as a judge on American Idol next year. That`s an insult to honest wage earners. Actually its about $300,000.00 per Cowell insult of an insult.
    Goes to show you how desperate the suits at Fox are to save the ratings of their (on the skids) premier show.
    I`d love to see him replaced by a robot and save 143 million.

    Not sure what the problem is. The show makes money. They see Cowell as being an important component. They pay him a whack of cash so that they can maximize their revenue potential and thereby profit. It's just business.

    If you're upset that a person can make so much money (and by the way $144M isn't all that in the grand scheme of things) then why not take the bull by the horns and do it for yourself? It's a free world. The only limits to your own success are those that you impose on yourself.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod
    Not sure what the problem is. The show makes money. They see Cowell as being an important component. They pay him a whack of cash so that they can maximize their revenue potential and thereby profit. It's just business.

    If you're upset that a person can make so much money (and by the way $144M isn't all that in the grand scheme of things) then why not take the bull by the horns and do it for yourself? It's a free world. The only limits to your own success are those that you impose on yourself.
    well said, why be jealous at cowell when you can just easily be targetting at Bill Gates. I mean his kids are born richer than your entire family combined times 1000, how does it make you feel? when "all men are created equal" is the foundation of the Free World, yet you work because you have to not you want to...

    by You I actually mean We. I wish my family was rich like his

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod
    Not sure what the problem is. The show makes money. They see Cowell as being an important component. They pay him a whack of cash so that they can maximize their revenue potential and thereby profit. It`s just business.

    If you`re upset that a person can make so much money (and by the way $144M isn`t all that in the grand scheme of things) then why not take the bull by the horns and do it for yourself? It`s a free world. The only limits to your own success are those that you impose on yourself.
    Welcome to the board Rod.
    Don`t mind me, I`m just a shit disturber
    In truth I don`t give a flying fuck about Cowell or the money he makes.
    I agree that $144,000,000.00 US isn`t that much....why there are some New Yorkers who spend almost as much on private jets flying their favourite companions between their variouse yacht parties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •