View Poll Results: who will the nexy habs captain be?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Camalleri

0 0%
  • Brian Gionta

0 0%
  • Scott Gomez

5 25.00%
  • Roman Hamrlik

0 0%
  • Maxime Lapierre

2 10.00%
  • Andrei Markov

10 50.00%
  • Thomas Plekanec

1 5.00%
  • Thomas Vanek

1 5.00%
  • another playup from the lineup (specify)

1 5.00%
  • another player yet to be added... (specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who will the next Habs captain be?

retired

who will the next Habs captain be?

i know, ti's a little early for that, but go back 2 years... the name mentioned the most was Chris Higgins, move forward a little, the candidate seemed to be Mike Komisarek, and recently we were hearing Alex Kovalev... we may not have yet the full starting allignement, but who on the current roster is captain material?

i know some of the choises are verry unlikely, but i'm a little baffled myself as to advence a name...
    Last edited by benxxx; 07-04-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Retired veteran hobbyist

Habs next captain

Carey Price?

Who else? I can't see any of their top players being named captain. Some suggested Markov, but he's got zero presence in the dressing room & doesn't talk (and you thought Koivu was quiet?). The captain usually would be on one of the 2 top lines or on the first 2 defensive units.

Or...like Vancouver, in the nets. Some have suggested alternating the captaincy like they did in Toronto & Buffalo last year. Maybe for now, that would be the best option possible.

retired
    wow Doc, that was fast! i think i got to agree with the alternate captaincy for now... i don't know that they can handle the Captaincy to one of their brand new top liners... ant their other impact player markov don't seam to have any of the charisma or leadership required... even Tanguay would have been a better pick than most on the list...

Retired veteran hobbyist
    My vote goes to.....THOMAS VANEK.

Thomas Vanek?????????

retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    My vote goes to.....THOMAS VANEK.

Thomas Vanek?????????
    LOL, i know, i posted the list alittle too fast, Vanek...Spacek... alwaysed confused them, don't know why been trying to modify the poll, but can't find how...
    Last edited by benxxx; 07-04-2009 at 06:54 PM.

THANK YOU BURKIE !!!
    I think they will name Gomez as captain but if I was choosing I'd go for Josh Gorges as captain with Maxime Lapierre and Scott Gomez as assistants.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by G1GBallday
    I think they will name Gomez as captain but if I was choosing I'd go for Josh Gorges as captain with Maxime Lapierre and Scott Gomez as assistants.
    Gomez?? The guy's lazy!!! Shows up one game, doesn't show up the other. Ask the Rangers fans about Gomez!!! Trust me, you don't want a player like Scott Gomez as captain of your hockey team.

Josh Gorges is always involved in trade talks. It seems his days in Mtl are always numbered, and to be honest, he's a marginal player & not captain material.

Maxime Lapierre....maybe one day, but his time isn't now. He's also a 4th line player & i can't see anyone not being on the top 2 lines being captain.

Too many new players on the team right now as its 'core' players. My guess it'll be a wait-and-see attitude on the part of management on whom they'll give the captaincy to. Who knows....maybe it'll be given to either Koivu or Kovalev, if by a slim chance one of them does return.

Carey Price?

Who else? I can't see any of their top players being named captain. Some suggested Markov, but he's got zero presence in the dressing room & doesn't talk (and you thought Koivu was quiet?). The captain usually would be on one of the 2 top lines or on the first 2 defensive units.

Or...like Vancouver, in the nets. Some have suggested alternating the captaincy like they did in Toronto & Buffalo last year. Maybe for now, that would be the best option possible.
    Price? Yeah, that's the ticket. Give it to someone who has the personality of a turnip and about as much will to win.

They should wait until the end of training camp and the exibition games to find out who has the qualities to be captain. Until they actually play together there is no way to know who will have the respect of the room.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

My vote goes to GOHABSGO, ummmmmm, oh thats right, a "Captain" shows up for EVERY game , win or lose .............. give it to Vinnie, oh thats right, he didnt wanna come here , ummmmmmm, how about , well, wow, tough choices, what a MESS the Canadiens are right now LOL!

Scott Gomez

When was the last time a goalie was also the captain?

Roberto Luongo
    Quote Originally Posted by master_bates
    Scott Gomez

When was the last time a goalie was also the captain?

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Scott Gomez
    Why him in front of everyone else? His track record shows a lazy player who's not that great in the dressing room. He only comes to play half the time. He's not a leader, not a motivator. He also hasn't been with the team previously. So why him ahead of everyone else? Why do you think Glen Sather was so desperate to unload him? Why did Sather tell to insiders that the contract he gave Gomez might have been his worse mistake ever? So why him?

Why him in front of everyone else? His track record shows a lazy player who's not that great in the dressing room. He only comes to play half the time. He's not a leader, not a motivator. He also hasn't been with the team previously. So why him ahead of everyone else? Why do you think Glen Sather was so desperate to unload him? Why did Sather tell to insiders that the contract he gave Gomez might have been his worse mistake ever? So why him?

Right now I dont see who else can get it

Who's your pick?

Original Dude
    They will probabaly signe Kovalev again and give him the C...

But if i had to choose somebody, that would be Latendresse. Not the best hockey player but he is from quebec, and he can speak french.
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Right now I dont see who else can get it

Who's your pick?
    Youppi (the team mascot they stole from the Expos)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast