Thread: NHL Winter Classic 2010

NHL Winter Classic 2010

Could it be in Boston?

Fenway Park to host NHL major announcement Friday, 07.10.2009 / 1:30 PM / News NHL.comMEDIA ADVISORY

WHAT: The National Hockey League will make a major announcement concerning a special event

WHEN: Wednesday, July 15 @ 2:00 p.m. ET

WHERE: Fenway Park
    Yawkey Way
    Boston, MA 02215

**This event also will be simulcast on NHL Network and streamed live on NHL.com**

NOTE: Media should enter via the media entrance at Gate D, located at the corner of Yawkey Way and Van Ness Street. Doors will open at 1:00 p.m. ET.

In the event of rain, media should still enter via Gate D and proceed to the State Street Pavilion.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=436742

I really hope that it's against Montreal. Would love to see the home town boys beat the balls off those squirts in Fenway Park!!
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Nadya of Nadya's VIPs SexyNadya's Avatar

Lightbulb Special K !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Special K
    I really hope that it's against Montreal. Would love to see the home town boys beat the balls off those squirts in Fenway Park!!
    Hahahahaha !!!!

From what I understand it would either be againts the other
    Pennsylvania team or the Leafs.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Same here!! Can't wait to see the little pipsqueaks get rolled over at Fenway!

Retired veteran hobbyist

Flyers vs. Bruins on New Year's Day

I guess we won't see our wish happen (about seeing the Habs get creamed in Boston on that day), but it'll be the Flyers instead. The Flyers are one hell of a big, brusing team!! Possibly the toughest team in all of hockey. I hope The Green Monster doesn't toppled since there should be a lot of hitting!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4329907

I'm bummed to see that they're going with Philly. There isn't even any rivalry with that team.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

well knowing your a sports fan, you should be glad it will be a much more competitive game, rather than the Bruins playing mtl..

I'm bummed to see that they're going with Philly. There isn't even any rivalry with that team.

Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx
    well knowing your a sports fan, you should be glad it will be a much more competitive game, rather than the Bruins playing mtl..
    You definitely have a point. Lol.

Original Dude
    You guys forget that 2 years ago montreal was 8-0 vs Boston and they get them out of the playoff...

New team this year, put the counter at 0, what happened last year won't happen again. Boston had a lucky season, and for a team that barely made the playoff in the last years, it was purely luck they had a so good season last year...

Honestly im disapointed of this year choice, 2 teams i hate anyway...no point of watching. I guess they want to market the hockey in the USA, wich explain why they didn't go for a match at the stadium, and canadian teams...
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6