Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concrete chunk falls thru glass at Mikasa

Concrete chunk falls thru glass at Mikasa

http://www.globaltv.com/globaltv/que...977/story.html

On Peel near the Omni.

A woman was killed; another person injured.

Peel St. closed in that area.

Damn!!! That's so sad, can imagine what that guy is goinig through.
    Last edited by Leopold Stotch; 07-17-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Sad is and understatement

Terrible story... I have a lot of pity for the families of these people.

HOWEVER, if the marriage proposal thing is true and this guy was ever looking for a sign from above to decide if he should go through with it or not... well....

BD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thebitchelor
    like 10-4Roger said, i heard he was just about to ask her in marriage...and while they were waiting the ambulance, he stayed all the time with her, holding her hand and telling her to stay with him...

Very sad...

If I was this guy I don't know how I'd ever get over it. It was so distressing just to read something like this happening to someone else.

Horrible,

Merlot
    Last edited by Merlot; 07-17-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Jesus Christ. Poor people. Wrong time, wrong place. If the guy chose the time & the place & the table...what freak bad luck, what guilt.

I am me, too!
    I always said suchi was bad!

Seriously, that's horrible! The chances that parts of a building fall are very low and the risk of somebody getting killed by them is probably lower! Still, it happened... That poor guy will be marked for life...

Apparently that was not the table that the waiter had assigned them. They asked to be seated there. Talk about fate...

Very sad story... don't know how the guy is going to be able to deal with this for the rest of his life.
    MG

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Do we know if they had known one another for a long time? I ate at that place with an sp last year & i began to think of the time when i was there last year. If this thing would have happened then & not now. That would surely bring about a sudden, very tragic end to a date!!

Quote Originally Posted by thebitchelor
    like 10-4Roger said, i heard he was just about to ask her in marriage...and while they were waiting the ambulance, he stayed all the time with her, holding her hand and telling her to stay with him...

Very sad...
    They were actually married... that was just a rumor.
    Just hope they had no kids.

Veteran of Misadventures
    This story is shocking and unbelievable!

I ate dinner at Mikasa on Tuesday evening, June 30. The reason I remember the date was that I ate there before heading over to the Stevie Wonder concert. I sat at the bar; I assume this lady must have been sitting at one of the tables near the sidewalk. I always get sushi at Mikasa at least once every trip to Montreal, as it is my favorite of the sushi restos I have been to.

I had a really good dinner that night and the staff as always was young and friendly. Apart from the fact that I got some really good sushi I remember while sitting at the bar one of the female sushi chefs was using a tool that looked like a small blowtorch to sear some of the sushis. I never saw this before.

It is very incredible to me that something like this could happen. A few years ago I believe a bridge collapsed and killed some people in Laval. You should not have to worry about a piece of concrete falling on your head during dinner. What a sad thing and especially for her husband to watch her die such an inexplicable death.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 07-17-2009 at 04:45 PM.

How sad. I read they were celebrating her birthday. I must have walked by that spot a thousand times. I don't think I would ever eat there now. What's to keep another piece from falling off? Thoughts go out to her husband.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    I sat at the bar; I assume this lady must have been sitting at one of the tables near the sidewalk.
    The gazette has a picture of the area where the tragedy occured. I wonder if anyone will want to sit at that table again!

http://www.montrealgazette.com/

I used to tell friends that I felt confident in North American engineering standards, but between this and the Minneapolis bridge collapse (2007) my faith is wavering.

Still, at least it's not yet becoming a common occurrence.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    From a Montreal Gazette reader (posted on the Gazette's website):

"This city is falling apart, snow plows kill people, bridges colapse and kill people, and now buildings are killing people. Ah, but all out money is being spent ensuring that everybody, including the dead, speak French..."

Manuel Berlanga
    Hey DOC ! this is really really bad taste here !
    U mean that's what you have to say about what happened to this woman ?

This really, really makes me sick.

Someone asked before on this thread... if anyone had gone through such a tragedy...And I bet u I'm not the only one here who went through some serious tragedy.

And It turns my stomach to read this.

Here u go ! have fun banning me Mod.
    Really It will make me feel good after all !

EDIT: Doc Holiday posted a comment from the Gazette website, not his own words. And even if they did reflect his own personal feelings your comments were out of line, disrespectful and have been removed.
    Everyone has the right to their opinion as long as it is respectful to other members.

Mod 8
    Last edited by Mod 8; 07-18-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast