Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 81

Thread: Murder in Kingston

  1. #1

    Unhappy Murder in Kingston

    Breaking story from the Gazette:

    http://www.montrealgazette.com/Famil...807/story.html


    If the url does not work go to :

    www.montrealgazette.com

    Will reserve comment BUT this story definitely provides ample topics for discussion.
    Last edited by eastender; 07-23-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: url
    LISA'S FRIEND

  2. #2
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,155
    Eastender,

    The link you posted is not working.

  3. #3

    Unhappy Should Work

    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    Eastender,

    The link you posted is not working.
    Re-posted. The story is breaking with updates so the links may change. Added the actual newspaper site which would cover this.
    LISA'S FRIEND

  4. #4
    I thought there was something fishy about their 'joyriding' story right from the beginning and it looks like the cops did too. This is why I wish we still had the death penalty in Canada. Animals like that don't deserve to live.

    They should be sentenced to spend the rest of their lives in a small windowless room wallpapered with pictures of the family members they murdered.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  5. #5
    Honour killing???? When will these people start realising that things are not done in THEIR way here? You are in North America start living life like we do. This is not to blame all muslims but those fundamental, try to keep our way of living here morons. What the F**K, wake up get rid of your made up rules and laws and start integrating with North America. I am of Europeen descent and I don't start running around dressed in my country's cultural or religious clothes, we have come into the new millenium. You don't like it? Go back and don't come here under this country's protection or freedom!
    To Horses and Men, and the Women that ride them.

    Cheers!!!

  6. #6

    Unhappy Kingston

    Quote Originally Posted by Techman View Post
    I thought there was something fishy about their 'joyriding' story right from the beginning and it looks like the cops did too. This is why I wish we still had the death penalty in Canada. Animals like that don't deserve to live.

    They should be sentenced to spend the rest of their lives in a small windowless room wallpapered with pictures of the family members they murdered.
    True. Anyone who has been to Kingston would realize that the motels and hotels are not easily accessible to the area where the tragedy happened. Out of towners arriving at the spot by chance is highly suspicious.

    BTW Kingston is the penitentiary capital of Canada.
    LISA'S FRIEND

  7. #7

    Unhappy More Details

    More details are emerging:

    http://www.montrealgazette.com/Charg...807/story.html

    Also if readers would like to follow the story from an on site source:

    www.kingstonwhigstandard.com
    Last edited by eastender; 07-23-2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: url
    LISA'S FRIEND

  8. #8
    Canada offers refugee status to all sorts of people, especially when they have money.

  9. #9
    This is a true test of our multicultural society as the act so offends the principles of the majority. On the other hand, this is an occasion when we can truly demonstrate our tolerance and acceptance of other cultures.

    IF these are truly honour killings WITHIN THEIR OWN SOCIETY then it would be improper to prosecute anyone... they acted in accordance with accepted norms of their society.

    Where matters become more difficult is when honour killings are committed outside their society... I think that we can respect their traditions, while still emphasizing the majority's rights, by having them serve a conditional sentence in the community.

    If our society's norms, mores and values are superior, over time the others will be rejected and we'll live with a homogeneous value system.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    IF these are truly honour killings WITHIN THEIR OWN SOCIETY then it would be improper to prosecute anyone
    Is this some sick joke? If a man wishes to torture and kill his daughter because she has been raped, should he call the police and warn them not to interfere due to it being normal for his culture?

    I have seen a man assault another as the latter was innocently conversing with his sister. Even if this was normal for the ethnic group of the former, should the latter be protected by the law?
    a) unconditionally yes
    b) unconditionally no
    c) only if he belongs to a different ethnic group than the first man?

    Anyone living in Canada is entitled to the protection of Canadian laws.

  11. #11

    Unhappy Country of Origin / Adopted Country

    Leaving your country of origin regardless of the reason(s) implies that you are not satisfied with the country of origin and that your adopted country is measurably better. So accepting the laws and customs of the adopted country has to be part of the deal.

    From the standpoint of the adopted country is it practical to become an arena for this "settling of accounts" mindset - effectively taking the law into your own hands. Any answer other than no is inadequate.
    LISA'S FRIEND

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    This is a true test of our multicultural society as the act so offends the principles of the majority. On the other hand, this is an occasion when we can truly demonstrate our tolerance and acceptance of other cultures.

    IF these are truly honour killings WITHIN THEIR OWN SOCIETY then it would be improper to prosecute anyone... they acted in accordance with accepted norms of their society.

    Where matters become more difficult is when honour killings are committed outside their society... I think that we can respect their traditions, while still emphasizing the majority's rights, by having them serve a conditional sentence in the community.

    If our society's norms, mores and values are superior, over time the others will be rejected and we'll live with a homogeneous value system.
    WHAT? Improper to prosecute for the murders of three of their own children??? If that kind of thing meets with the approval with any 'society' on Earth, that society should be eradicated from the face of the planet along with whatever religion taught them such beliefs.

    If that kind of tradition is considered proper in the Afghan way of life, then we should get our troops who are dying for their stoneage society the hell out of there and bring them all back home where they belong. Let the savages kill each other for all I care, but let them do it to themselves in their own country, not here in ours.

    The US should have nuked them after 911.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visiting Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,160
    Quote Originally Posted by anon_vlad View Post
    Is this some sick joke? If a man wishes to torture and kill his daughter because she has been raped, should he call the police and warn them not to interfere due to it being normal for his culture?

    I have seen a man assault another as the latter was innocently conversing with his sister. Even if this was normal for the ethnic group of the former, should the latter be protected by the law?
    a) unconditionally yes
    b) unconditionally no
    c) only if he belongs to a different ethnic group than the first man?

    Anyone living in Canada is entitled to the protection of Canadian laws.
    Hello Anon,

    Unfortunately, the premise Dee refers to is very real. In the case of what we would call "rape", in some Muslim societies the guilty one is not necessarily a rapist, it's being the victim who failed to resist the rape successfully. Women in some countries have been hanged publicly for unsuccessfully defending themselves against what we would call a rape. The one we would call the "rapist" would get far less blame or punishment. An episode like this in Kingston is nothing new. There have been many stories of Muslim women in Western countries who dare to go on dates Western-style being killed for disgracing their families.

    Honor as applied in Muslim countries regarding marriage is very male biased. I had a very close friend from a less conservative Muslim country, who grew up in the U.S., for several years. He acted like every "red-blooded American boy" chasing and fucking women whenever he could. He saw Western non-Muslim women as whores to be used for his pleasure, something not made clear to me for a long time. Though he was able to take his pleasures as he wished, the view he had of his sisters was they were to be unquestioned virgins absolutely. He was extremely worried that even their going out with American friends would taint their value for a Muslim marriage, which was to be arranged in the ancient way. The sisters were to have no choice about this future. So men could do much as they pleased, but the virtuous honor of the women was sacred. That's Muslim honor regarding sex and marriage. As to him, his marriage to a Muslim woman was also to be arranged, but unlike the Muslim wife, he could screw around if he pleased.

    Nice,

    Merlot
    Last edited by Merlot; 07-24-2009 at 09:38 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
    . So men could do much as they pleased, but the virtuous honor of the women was sacred. That's Muslim honor. As to him, his marriage to a Muslim woman was also to be arranged, but unlike the Muslim wife, he could screw around if he pleased.
    t
    Sad but so true... I hope the ones who did this rot in jail for very very very long...
    I hope the culprits have plenty of time in jail to "adjust" to their new society's values... that may be quite another shock to them...
    To me, a man who does an "honor lilling" is as bad as a rapist or child molester...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Techman View Post
    I thought there was something fishy about their 'joyriding' story right from the beginning and it looks like the cops did too. This is why I wish we still had the death penalty in Canada. Animals like that don't deserve to live.

    They should be sentenced to spend the rest of their lives in a small windowless room wallpapered with pictures of the family members they murdered.
    Wow. There hasn't been a trial yet. The guilt of the accused has not been established. The police have not demonstrated the well-foundedness of their accusations nor have they divulged the nature of their proof. Yet the peanut gallery is ready to pronounce sentence as if the police have never erred.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •