Thread: Fight At Club 1234; Police Attacked By Mob

Veteran of Misadventures

Fight At Club 1234; Police Attacked By Mob

Last edited by EagerBeaver; 09-07-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Downtown nowadays is not as safe as it use to be. You got groups of gangs, people looking for trouble, it just doesn't feel safe walking downtown late at night anymore.....or maybe I'm just getting older....
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

I've never had a problem walking downtown late at night, you shouldnt get into trouble

usually if you're not looking for any.

Young people have the "fuck the police" mentatlity and thats why that happened early

monday morning.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Where's that club located? Is that the one near Rosalie?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    It's on de la Montagne, just south from Ste-Catherine, on the west side. In the 70's and 80's it was probably the most popular club in Montreal. When the disco craze died out, it closed and re-opened for a short time as a strip club. It re-opened as a night club a couple of years ago. It was originally a funeral home and the huge pipe organ used to fill the back wall of the club but I think it has since been removed. Looking at recent pics on their web site, it is no longer visible.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

I have been to the club numerous times, have never seen an organ there, it must have been removed

I knew it was a funeral home but never knew about it being a strip club and a disco club

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post

Next door
    Last edited by master_bates; 09-08-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Is that where the Limelight and Buds were?
    Last edited by Mike Mercury; 09-08-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Nope. The Limelight was on Stanley, upstairs from Chez Paree.

http://www.discomusic.com/clubs-more/6048_0_6_0_C

At 1234, if you look at the back of the club today, you will see a huge panel with the club name on it. That is where the pipe organ used to be. It's a shame that they removed it because it was a very rare organ if I remember correctly. Wonder what happened to it?
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.