Thread: Patrick Swayze loses his fight with cancer

Patrick Swayze loses his fight with cancer

More sad news from the entertainment world. Patrick Swayze who melted ladies' hearts in Dirty Dancing and Ghost has lost his battle with pancreatic cancer.He also starred in Point Break, with Keanu Reeves, and Road House, which also featured the late Jeff Healey, two great 'guy' movies.

He was 57 and he will be missed.

Techman
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Techman View Post
    More sad news from the entertainment world. Patrick Swayze who melted ladies' hearts in Dirty Dancing and Ghost has lost his battle with pancreatic cancer.He also starred in Point Break, with Keanu Reeves, and Road House, which also featured the late Jeff Healey, two great 'guy' movies.

He was 57 and he will be missed.

Techman
    Hello all,

I enjoyed him in these two movies and Ghost quite a lot. Generally, he seemed to be a pretty likable guy with an appealing semi-tough on screen aura. He is missed already.

R.I.P.

Merlot
    Last edited by Merlot; 09-15-2009 at 09:20 AM.

such a good person gone to soon.......R.I.P. Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
    Hello all,

I enjoyed him in these two movies quite a lot. Generally, he seemed to be a pretty likable guy with an appealing semi-tough on screen aura. He is missed already.

R.I.P.

Merlot

Retired veteran hobbyist
    And to think that there was a time that i could almost dance as good as that guy. Sad!

p.s. He was a good guy in a dirty, nasty business. Most of his movies were very good, entertaining ones. I saw him first in "Uncommon Valor", and he was brilliant in 'Dirty Dancing' and in 'Ghost'. I loved 'Roadhouse' & found 'Red Dawn' pretty good. His appearance on SNL alongside Chris Farley (in the Chippendales sequence) is a classic.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 09-15-2009 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    And to think that there was a time that i could almost dance as good as that guy. Sad!
    Yea, I remember seeing you on SNL dancing with him!
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Banned
    damn, that seemed fast. then again, pancreatic cancer is one of the quick ones...

R.I.P Patrick thanks for the memories and great movies.Its a shame he was genuinely a really nice guy.This year has been pretty bad with all these deaths family,friends and celebs.

yea

I was not a fan of the early work but I loved The Beast and his role in Donny Darko was memorable.

Ive seen cancer up close, so I guess I feel especially touched by the news.

Just a reminder not to smoke, my uncle died from emphysema, he smoked like a chimney.
    As did Swayze, up to 2 packs a day I read, even after he was diagnosed with cancer.

Pancreatic cancer is strongly linked with smoking

You could easily see from the previews of his latest show last spring that he was very sick. Even his color was not natural.