Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: SP's offering services via MERB PM

  1. #1

    SP's offering services via MERB PM

    I recent received a pm on here from an sp offering her services.

    Do others get these kind of pm's?

  2. #2
    Hello everyone,

    PMs such as those are against MERB rules. If anyone receives such a PM please forward it to a moderator and the appropriate action will be taken.

    Mod 8

  3. #3
    ‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^› Special K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 8 View Post
    Hello everyone,

    PMs such as those are against MERB rules. If anyone receives such a PM please forward it to a moderator and the appropriate action will be taken.

    Mod 8
    Tattletales! Lol.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

    Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visiting Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,160
    Quote Originally Posted by master_bates View Post
    I recent received a pm on here from an sp offering her services.

    Do others get these kind of pm's?
    Hello MB,

    YES! Does anyone seriously think any member is going to "tattletale" on a hot lady making a special offer for SEX. And unless the mods are making competing offers I am entertaining all bids 24/7. No, not kidding. My box is open.

    y'all cum,

    Merlot

  5. #5

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 8 View Post
    If anyone receives such a PM please forward it to a moderator and the appropriate action will be taken.
    I have a complaint: I am not receiving enough such offers. What kind of action can I expect from the mods on this?

  6. #6
    Guys

    That's fun and all getting such solicitation in your PM but you have to remember one thing: this could expose MERB to legal actions if it is left unchecked. That's why we ask members to forward us such requests.

    Don't forget, if MERB gets shut-down because of legal actions, we all loose for the pleasure of a few so please, do your part and let us know when you get these requests.

    Thanks

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 11 View Post
    Guys

    That's fun and all getting such solicitation in your PM but you have to remember one thing: this could expose MERB to legal actions if it is left unchecked. That's why we ask members to forward us such requests.

    Don't forget, if MERB gets shut-down because of legal actions, we all loose for the pleasure of a few so please, do your part and let us know when you get these requests.
    I can see your point, of course. But then again, those SPs that are breaking the rules have perhaps stumbled onto a great new marketing strategy. Imagine if SPs did as much research as we do and made a customized pitch to the Johns they feel most in tune with, based on our posts? I would be a sucker for that!

    How about moving the MERB server to Iceland, or to the Channel Islands or even to just Mowhawk Internet ?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
    Imagine if SPs did as much research as we do and made a customized pitch to the Johns they feel most in tune with, based on our posts? I would be a sucker for that!
    Indeed, to be desired could be a great turn on.

    I notice that an SP just got a permanent ban for doing this. Isn't that a little harsh? No temporary ban/warning first?

    And what if an SP sent a PM saying "I have something to discuss with you, email me at XXX@gmail.com". Would that count as improper use of the PM function? I assume that would be OK by MERB rules and would keep MERB safe.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 11 View Post
    Guys

    That's fun and all getting such solicitation in your PM but you have to remember one thing: this could expose MERB to legal actions if it is left unchecked. That's why we ask members to forward us such requests.

    Don't forget, if MERB gets shut-down because of legal actions, we all loose for the pleasure of a few so please, do your part and let us know when you get these requests.

    Thanks
    I don't quarrel with Merb's right to have whatever rules they wish but on what earthly basis could Merb be exposed to legal action if a SP Pm's a member and something is arranged.

    We have constantly been assured that Pms are private and can't be read by the Mods or owner. Are you worrying about soliciting? It's not in public. If I make arrangements with a SP via Canada Post would Canada Postbe shut down?

    IF there is any danger, the danger to MERB would be far greeater because of the "open to the public" ads it runs knowing full well what services are being offered.

    My best guess is that the real reason the practise is forbidden is that the board is being used as an advertising vehicle and not getting paid for it - a most understandable motive.
    Last edited by Dee; 10-09-2009 at 04:10 PM.

  10. #10
    My feelings are hurt because I have not received any

  11. #11
    PM are private, Mods or Admins can't read them. I don't think there's even a way in VBulletin to read member's PM.

    What can happen is somebody storing these PM or discussing in public what's happening in private with the PM system. Then, there would be proof and MERB could be prosecuted. Don't ask me why, I don't know but, there's a difference with the use of PM for booking meetings and only allowing publicity in a legal sense. If Fred want to chime-in, he's welcome.

    Also, if anybody is allowed to use the PM for publicity, it would make this place a spammer paradise and members would simply disable the PM function just to have some peace. MERB is quite spam-free and we are proud of it so we do our best so members don't have to block PM because of a fear of spam.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visiting Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 11 View Post
    Guys

    That's fun and all getting such solicitation in your PM but you have to remember one thing: this could expose MERB to legal actions if it is left unchecked. That's why we ask members to forward us such requests.

    Don't forget, if MERB gets shut-down because of legal actions, we all loose for the pleasure of a few so please, do your part and let us know when you get these requests.

    Thanks


    Okay...okay...okay. We know this is serious...but you have just been nominated for a Poopy-Face of the Month award Mr. Killjoy. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3016/...g?v=1224538024 The truth is I have never been solicited by PM. I've just been praying for it. Good luck with the award...http://images.salon.com/mwt/feature/...poop/story.jpg

    I guess it's just the same as being allowed to call escorts for ...companionship ahhhhhhhhhhhh...wink wink.

    Very curious,

    Merlot
    Last edited by Merlot; 10-09-2009 at 04:43 PM.

  13. #13
    It's the same Merlot. It's not allowed, no matter the direction. SP are not supposed to solicit by PM and members should not solicit SP by PM either. If we can get proof of anybody doing such thing, they will also get banned.

    This rule is in the rules thread and is, with direct threats and revealing personal info, one of the worst case of bad behaviour on MERB, because it expose MERB to problems. That's why the permanent ban was immediate, without warning.

  14. #14
    ‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^› Special K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post

    I notice that an SP just got a permanent ban for doing this. Isn't that a little harsh? No temporary ban/warning first?
    The SP in question has quite a stellar reputation too.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

    Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Time to Punt View Post
    My feelings are hurt because I have not received any
    Yeah, me too. And more than a thousand of us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •