Thread: Police OCR Optical Charactor Recognition check points.

Police OCR Optical Charactor Recognition check points.

I just went through a police OCR check point. This is a new system they are using to read your licence plate number to see if you have unpaid tickets or have not paid for your licence or car registration. This check point had pull over so many cars that all police at the scene was busy and there were at least 10 cars on a side street waiting to be processed. I was told by a store owner watching all this that they had impounded over 15 cars by 10:30 this morning. Watch out, big brother is out to get you.

I am me, too!

Interesting link

http://www.gtechna.com/QPP_Adopt_LPRS_Aug2008.html

Nothing to worry if you paid all your tickets, are not prohibited from driving or have no outstanding arrest warrants or are subject to other legal actions.
    Last edited by metoo4; 10-13-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Another money maker for the cops.

I am me, too!
    Money maker? So, criminals and those who don't pay their dues should be left alone?

Unless you drive around with expired plates, expired or suspended driver's licence, DUI convictions, arrest warrants, kidnapped kid and whatever other illegal stuff, this won't affect you so, why complain?

The stats are in 17% of fatal accidents at least one driver was driving with a suspended license. If they can stop a few of these, that will make me happy. For the ones who don't bother renewing plates or license, too bad; I pay mine and I expect them to do the same. Warrants? You just had to surrender when asked.

I can see the next headline "A nunn got her liscence plate stolen". ???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metoo4 View Post
    http://www.gtechna.com/QPP_Adopt_LPRS_Aug2008.html

Nothing to worry if you paid all your tickets, are not prohibited from driving or have no outstanding arrest warrants or are subject to other legal actions.
    Wonder if this will work on out of country license plates?
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

It's a whole new ballgame
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Wonder if this will work on out of country license plates?
    Nervous, K? My guess is that it will work if you're in the Montreal system.
    The mounties always get their man.

I am me, too!
    Québec and Ontario already have an agreement for tickets so it's probable it will work for Québec and Ontario plates.

As far as other plates, it will probably depends of the infraction. Somebody from California with plate ABCD-123 who "forget" a ticket under that plate number and then is back one year later with the same plate will likely be flagged but, if the guy with the Texas plate CDEF-456 have a warrant in New-Mexico, I don't think he's likely to be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin View Post
    Nervous, K? My guess is that it will work if you're in the Montreal system.
    I may have an outstanding parking ticket.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

At the same time they can also use the check point to look for the winter tires once the

date is in effect and those drunk driving.

I have seen these in Verdun and Lasalle, they seem to be training the cops in the art of the money grab.

I will bet you that you will see these devices at every check point. Why not put them up and make some money when they are checking for DWI or winter tires.

How about putting up a road block at every bridge to check for Cell, drinking, smoking, liscences plates, winter tires, illegal possession of guns, inflatable doll (that's next in the futur) ??!!!

After all, aren't we becoming more and more like some other countries ?

I recently saw a show on Speed Channel here in the states called " Jacked "

It interested me, because it takes place in Newark, NJ ( About 15 minutes from where I live )

Between Irvington and Newark, they are always on the 10 most stolen car cities in the USA

If a car is stolen in my neighborhodd, I know it will end up down there....

They outfitted an Super Anti- Stolen Car SUV with a camera system on the top , that can process through the Division of Motor Vehicles, 10 license plates of oncoming cars a SECOND !!!

WTF ???

It checks for stolen cars, license suspensions, parking tickets

Best Regards

Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "