Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WEIRDest Technical Problem, HELP !

Classy, Pretty & Sexy GFE Montreal Sex City's Avatar

Question WEIRDest Technical Problem, HELP !

Hello,

I am experimenting the weirdest informatic problem since Sunday.

Yesterday I have updted my msn. Nothing else have been done. But,
    since I can't select, copy, past, mouse do not response, keyboard do
    not response, and these, only in our posts, yes, with Satin Dreamz nick
    as well.

Anywhere else, no problem. Anywhere on this board, no problem.
    Even in the pms boxes, not problem.

Any clue anyone ?

Miss Jessy & The Classy, Pretty & Sexy Ladies! ¤ www.montrealsexcity.com ¤ Twitter
    Agency Reputation 2011-2012-2013
    GFE of the Year 2010-2011-2012
    Best Owners/Bookers 2011-2012

514-234-1286 Thanks! Merci!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Jessy xxx MtlSexCity View Post
    But, since I can't select, copy, past, mouse do not response, keyboard do not response, and these, only in our posts
    I have the same problem too, Jessy. The right mouse button does not work in threads, only on the main page. I have tried Firefox, Safari & IE without success.

Techman, where are you when we need you?

Voyager
    "No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being."
    -Ansel Adams

Have you tried re booting your pc? That usually works for me.

I am me, too!
    Same here, on 2 different PC but only the right-click don't work, and only when trying to right-click on a member's name, when I try to send a PM or view profile in a new window or frame. The remaining stuff is ok. I don't use the right-click to copy/paste, I use CTRL-C and CTRL-V.

No updates done that I know of and I maintain both PC myself.

Classy, Pretty & Sexy GFE Montreal Sex City's Avatar
    Re boots, did that many times.
    Keyboards do not response.

Maybe the fonctions on the board.
    I am checking this with the administration.

Miss Jessy & The Classy, Pretty & Sexy Ladies! ¤ www.montrealsexcity.com ¤ Twitter
    Agency Reputation 2011-2012-2013
    GFE of the Year 2010-2011-2012
    Best Owners/Bookers 2011-2012

514-234-1286 Thanks! Merci!

When in doubt..............................

If everything is frozen, and nothing moves. Reload the operating system. Switch to Firefox and see if that works before you reload.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Same problem here. I noticed it yesterday when i tried to copy & paste an article & nothing would come up. The problem Voyager listed is exactly the same one i have.

THANK YOU BURKIE !!!
    Jessy,

Don't do any re-install or format because the problem is not with your computer.

This seems to be one more improper setting on MERB since the vbulletin upgrade.

I too noticed that I couldn't copy or highlight text yesterday while posting so I went to the user control panel and changed the editor (last option at the bottom) to "full WYSIWYG editing". This solved the problem for text in the "reply to thread" text box but I still can't highlight or copy any text outside of this box.

BTW if your try to copy text from the main message board screen where each section is listed or into a section where the threads are listed you'll see you can still highlight/copy but as soon as you go inside a thread it stops working.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The hockey game most enjoyed by Canadians from coast to coast since 1972.

GIGBally is correct.... don't even bother doing a restore (and stop letting Tony use your computer.)

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I have the same problem too, Jessy. The right mouse button does not work in threads, only on the main page. I have tried Firefox, Safari & IE without success.

Techman, where are you when we need you?

Voyager
    I had the same problem yesterday and I use Firefox.
    Figured it was temporary.
    Works fine today.
    Last edited by Jman47; 11-09-2009 at 02:16 PM.

GIGBallday,

Thanks for the short-term fix in the control panel, but obviously this needs to be resolved quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Jones View Post
    If everything is frozen, and nothing moves. Reload the operating system. Switch to Firefox and see if that works before you reload.
    HJ,

Do you even bother reading posts before replying?

Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with the problem being discussed, and your "fix" is a complete overreaction since the problem is with multiple MERB members, on different computers, with different operating system, using different web browsers in different countries!!

Sheesh!
    Last edited by Voyager; 11-09-2009 at 03:39 PM.
    "No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being."
    -Ansel Adams

Voyager, my guess is he was just being a smart ass and didn`t intend to be of any use whatsoever.

Henry Jones, please read carefully what peoples post and don`t reply if you don`t have an answer that make sense. Your suggestion was downright careless and overkill. It also showed you didn`t read most of the posts in the thread.
    Last edited by Mod 11; 11-09-2009 at 03:46 PM.

I have the same problem and I use Firefox. It was working fine last night and this morning, maybe due to the fact I had left my browser open overnight. When loading Firefox tonight I found that I now have the same problem as everyone else. From PMs I have received it seems to be happening no matter what browser is being used.

I have posted in the admin section asking Fred if there have been any changes in the last couple of days. As soon as I have a response, I will let everyone know.

M8

This is definitely not a bug (or at least not a bug in anyone's browser).

This code is included in the HTML of affected pages, the part about oncontextmenu is intended specifically to disable the menu that normally appears when you right-click.

<body onload="" ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false" oncontextmenu="return false">

The oncontextmenu inline HTML event is supported across all major browsers so switching between Firefox, IE or anything else won't help.

You can still copy/paste text using keyboard shortcuts, I don't really understand why this block would be added on thread though so I guess it might be an unintentional error in the board setup.

Definitely not a browser problem. Seems like they made some changes in the board code like Shakuhachi posted. Usually when you see this on a site you get a popup telling you that the right click is disabled so I have a feeling that this wasn't intended. If it was intended, it would have been nice to have been told about it because it's really a pain in the butt not being able to highlight any text to paste into a reply. The only reason I can see is that they don't want anyone copying and pasting posts from here on another board. But all you have to do to get around that is quote a post and copy it from your reply box. It seems like the big upgrade really hasn't worked out too well so far.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast