Thread: Has the weather turned in Montreal yet?

Has the weather turned in Montreal yet?

I know that the rest of the Northeast has been generally warm (hit 70 degrees in NYC this past week) but 300 miles can make all the difference in the world

Just wondering how cold it is and more importantly, if there is snow on the ground. I think Montreal averages around a foot accumulation for the month of November.

Thanks in advance

You're kidding right? I can't remember the last time we had snow on the ground in November. We're lucky the last few years to have a white Christmas!

Average temps have been around 8 to 12 degrees Celcius. Last week we had a day where we hit around 18 according to the readout in my car. So it sounds like our weather is in line with your own +/- a few degrees. Mini skirt weather may be over but we still have the hottest women around.

Nothing to worry about.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Staub View Post
    Just wondering how cold it is
    You could always do what internet savvy people do, and check here...
    "No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being."
    -Ansel Adams

Banned
    i was 'this' close to checking for montreal sp's on weather.com... then i thought to myself "self? am i that dumb?"

he probably went to weather.ca and the 12 degrees celcius must make him feel extra cold..

I know that the rest of the Northeast has been generally warm (hit 70 degrees in NYC this past week) but 300 miles can make all the difference in the world

Just wondering how cold it is and more importantly, if there is snow on the ground. I think Montreal averages around a foot accumulation for the month of November.

Thanks in advance
    Rusty,
    You might try:

http://www.accuweather.com/canada-we...201A1&metric=0

It is accurate enough for what you need.

As of 11/17 there was no snow on the ground in MTL. Temps were in the low 50's and appear to be trending down.
    Have fun.

Yes, I understand how to use the Internet, but if one is trying to gauge a trip for 2-3 weeks out from now.....it's more or less a feel (think Punxsutawney Phil). But it sounds like the locals (and amateur comedians) are telling me it's been a warm fall with no sign of snow.

I hate the drive with snow and ice. Good stuff - thanks

With a lil bit of luck, there will not be any snow on the ground before winter official start

Yes, I understand how to use the Internet, but if one is trying to gauge a trip for 2-3 weeks out from now.....it's more or less a feel (think Punxsutawney Phil). But it sounds like the locals (and amateur comedians) are telling me it's been a warm fall with no sign of snow.

I hate the drive with snow and ice. Good stuff - thanks
    Rusty, If you have a decent set of all season tires on the car or AWD or 4WD I wouldn't be 2 concerned about early December...of course I don't get paid to foreast the weather...
    And yup you are hearing correctly...