Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Racism and The Mention of Race

  1. #1
    Recreational User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a house, on a street, duh.
    Posts
    1,443

    Racism and The Mention of Race

    From another thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by hungry101 View Post
    Mod and YVO - I dont mind people mentioning race or ethnicity on this site. For example, I usually dont care to spend money on black SPs because I do not find them attractive most of the time. Also I think there are certain sterotypes that exist and exist for a reason. For example, someone refered to an SP as a typical latin diva meaning this particular SP conformed to the sterotype held by many of a latin diva. However, in this case, I am not sure what this guys Siberian heritage has to do with the way this guy handled the situation of people loitering in a booth or in a theater? Was it because of his broken French or English telling the starter of the thread to leave? Did his Siberian accent make his instructions to you unclear? Do Siberians have a tendency to not like loiterers because they come from a culture where everyone must be constantly performing some kind of task??? Or was his heritage and ethnicity meant to demean?.
    It is a question of context. If the mention of race is irrelevant to our understanding of the story, the inclusion is racist.

    "Look at that black girl over there" when pointing at the only girl in the vicinity would be racist. "Look at that black girl over there" when she is standing in a group of girls would be descriptive, and not racist.

    Mentioning a SP's ethnicity as it relates to your experience would not be racist, as it is descriptive. Mentioning you engaged a Chinese SP in China wold be redundant.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad. There's an app for that!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by YouVantOption View Post
    From another thread:



    It is a question of context. If the mention of race is irrelevant to our understanding of the story, the inclusion is racist.

    "Look at that black girl over there" when pointing at the only girl in the vicinity would be racist. "Look at that black girl over there" when she is standing in a group of girls would be descriptive, and not racist.

    Mentioning a SP's ethnicity as it relates to your experience would not be racist, as it is descriptive. Mentioning you engaged a Chinese SP in China wold be redundant.
    I agree YVO and this is a good point. I would modify your statement above as follows:

    "Look at that black girl over there" when pointing at the only girl in the vicinity would be racist. "Look at that black girl over there" when pointing at the only girl in the vicinity could be racist. Saying "Look at the Nigger girl" would definately be racist.

    It seems that there are many people that are uptight about race and just waiting for the slightest excuse to be offended. There are too many people ready to get on thier moral high horse and fane being offended. There are too many people using racism as an excuse for failure. The current PC climate we live in makes it much harder to address problems that need so badly to be addressed. Blah blah blah....

    The bottom line is the theater managers heritage had nothing to do with the story. In this case Dragon was offended so he mocked the man's race on this forum as a way of blowing off steam which is not good and did not support his argument. Instead it made him seem like an angry hothead. What happened to the comedian Michael Richards when he went on a racist tirade? He was angry at the hecklers that happened to be black. He was so angry that he wanted to hurt and demean the hecklers in the worst way he could. He lost it and went into a racist tirade. Is Micheal Richards a racist? Does he really hate black people or was he very angry at the hecklers and he just lost it that day? I don't know but his reaction made him look bad and not the hecklers. He hurt himself more than the hecklers.
    http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/20/kramer...aught-on-tape/

    Also, having sex with a Chinese SP in China may not be redundant...Did you ever have sex with a non-French Canadian SP in Montreal?
    Last edited by hungry101; 12-02-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added a comment about the Chinese SP

  3. #3
    How about inferring ethnicity through the rendering of an accent?

    "You vant option? Or you just vant massage?"


  4. #4
    Talk about ethnic targeting or racism if you will, just found the following ad on annonces123 and wanted to see whether you felt there is anything racist about it. I won't post a link as it's not my intent to review the provider:

    salut les gars je vous recois a point-aux-trembles pour un plaisirs fou je pese 115 lbs 5p5 jai 25 ans je suis blonde jai 34D de poitrine ferme je suis tres cochone jaime ca me faire prendre viens me voir pour du bon sexe je suis aussi disponible pour fille bi ou les couples je ne fais pas anal je fais tout avec condom jai un strap-on pour les mordu je prend mon temps et jaime ca ... sexy 100$$ demi heure 150$$ heure incall seulement je ne fais pas les noir
    (emphasis added by me; I have only removed phone number, rest of ad is as it is published)
    Last edited by Jack_Bauer; 12-02-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: typo

  5. #5
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› Special K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    5,108
    I'm gonna guess, 8 more hours and this thread will be closed.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

    Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    I'm gonna guess, 8 more hours and this thread will be closed.
    You vant dis tred, klessed?

    Vyeeeeee?


  7. #7
    Recreational User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a house, on a street, duh.
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    How about inferring ethnicity through the rendering of an accent?

    "You vant option? Or you just vant massage?"

    good point, never thought of that. I guess it could be taken as a parody of an accent, Iranian or Russian. The fact that i am from one of those ethnic groups I guess makes it ok, though.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad. There's an app for that!

  8. #8
    Recreational User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a house, on a street, duh.
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Talk about ethnic targeting or racism if you will, just found the following ad on annonces123 and wanted to see whether you felt there is anything racist about it. I won't post a link as it's not my intent to review the provider:

    je ne fais pas les noir
    (emphasis added by me; I have only removed phone number, rest of ad is as it is published)

    Yes, that is racist. were she working a legit job, that'd be so racist, it might even be illegal. As it stands, it is her decision, and at least she is up front about it. we've been over this many times in the other 'escort gets to pick her clients' thread, and i can't say i disagree with someone's right to fuck someone. it is a bit more personal than say, not allowing an ethnic group into your restaurant. on the other hand, i'd be mighty upset were i to hear about a doctor who refused a patient on such grounds.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad. There's an app for that!

  9. #9
    Racism?
    Please. We're a bunch of bleeding hearts.
    Mutsumi Takahashi once said she was blessed to be a Japanese anchor on TV. She said if the reverse was to be attempted in Japan it would never happen. A white telling Japanese people the news would never be accepted.
    Just look at all the faces on TV, even French TV. we are as open a society as anyone can imagine.
    When you've had the chance to travel around the world and submerge yourself in many cultures as I have, you realize how free we are over here. Everyone here has their rights, where as in many countries around the world we would be categorically chastised for being something other than what they are.

    So to have a whore tell you she don't do Blacks is no big deal. Lots of Europeans prefer their own kind as well as Africans, Asians, and so forth.

    Some people like color silver where as others prefer blue. It's a personal choice and I believe that everyone has the right to have their own individual opinion on any subject.

    Take me for instance. I am a racist. But I hate everyone equally. Yet not one of my friends are Canadian! All of them are landed immigrants, even many of my gfs have been and are Asian, Arabic, Russian and so forth. I can count on one hand the number of Quebecoise gfs I've had. And I haven't had a "Canadian" friend since High School.

    So hate me or love me. But I'll have my general opinion about any nationality or race and I hate them all equally (even my own). But show me an individual and be your own person and I will call you friend.

  10. #10
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,133
    Matters of sexual preference in race/ethnicity are not any indicia of racism, they are simply an indicia of what is more likely to make your cock hard. And I think it is a 2 way street and certainly any SP can choose to see clients of one race or ethnicity or not, and should not be derided if she makes such a choice.

    I am white, and generally my preference in SPs runs towards white women, although I prefer darker complexioned white women as opposed to very pale or porcelain skinned SPs. However, I have also seen Asian and Black SPs. The best black SP I ever saw was the former Naomi of FKS, also known as Aria as an indy, back in 2004.

    There are exceptions, of course. One porcelain skinned white SP I saw about 4 times was the former Natasha at CF a/k/a Sexi Lexi, who worked at XXXtase as well 2006-2007 time frame. I normally do not like women as fair skinned as her, but she was a startling and robust exception to the rule. You would have to meet her to understand why. The best way I could explain it was that she had a certain very pretty collegiate wholesome look that effectively overwhelmed all other considerations.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 12-03-2009 at 11:52 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    salut les gars je vous recois a point-aux-trembles pour un plaisirs fou je pese 115 lbs 5p5 jai 25 ans je suis blonde jai 34D de poitrine ferme je suis tres cochone jaime ca me faire prendre viens me voir pour du bon sexe je suis aussi disponible pour fille bi ou les couples je ne fais pas anal je fais tout avec condom jai un strap-on pour les mordu je prend mon temps et jaime ca ... sexy 100$$ demi heure 150$$ heure incall seulement je ne fais pas les noir
    I see nothing wrong with that and do not find anything racist about it. At least she is honest and direct and would save a lot of people a lot of embarrassment when the girl runs away. I think agencies should follow that also. As me I prefer black women but also like latina and arabic women. The pale skinned white girl never interested me and I have no attraction to them and will never have sex with them. Does that make me racist? No. I have lots of white friends and is simply a matter of preference. As another poster put it crudely it is about which chick gets your cock hard .
    There is no knowledge that is not power.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    Racism?
    Please. We're a bunch of bleeding hearts.
    Mutsumi Takahashi once said she was blessed to be a Japanese anchor on TV. She said if the reverse was to be attempted in Japan it would never happen. A white telling Japanese people the news would never be accepted.
    Just look at all the faces on TV, even French TV. we are as open a society as anyone can imagine.
    When you've had the chance to travel around the world and submerge yourself in many cultures as I have, you realize how free we are over here. Everyone here has their rights, where as in many countries around the world we would be categorically chastised for being something other than what they are.

    So to have a whore tell you she don't do Blacks is no big deal. Lots of Europeans prefer their own kind as well as Africans, Asians, and so forth.

    Some people like color silver where as others prefer blue. It's a personal choice and I believe that everyone has the right to have their own individual opinion on any subject.

    Take me for instance. I am a racist. But I hate everyone equally. Yet not one of my friends are Canadian! All of them are landed immigrants, even many of my gfs have been and are Asian, Arabic, Russian and so forth. I can count on one hand the number of Quebecoise gfs I've had. And I haven't had a "Canadian" friend since High School.

    So hate me or love me. But I'll have my general opinion about any nationality or race and I hate them all equally (even my own). But show me an individual and be your own person and I will call you friend.

    Great post...say no more

  13. #13
    Question:

    I was listening to the radio about the guy sought in connection with the missing cabbie.

    Why do they say he is "black-coloured"?

    Why not "Afro-Canadian," similar to what is said in the U.S.?

  14. #14
    Recreational User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a house, on a street, duh.
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    Racism?
    Please. We're a bunch of bleeding hearts.
    What does using a dismissive phrase typically deployed by right-wing assholes have to do with racism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    Mutsumi Takahashi once said she was blessed to be a Japanese anchor on TV. She said if the reverse was to be attempted in Japan it would never happen. A white telling Japanese people the news would never be accepted.
    Actually it has, and one of the most popular broadcasters in Japan today is a white guy.

    Japan was and is one of the more racist societies. Does that make it right anywhere else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    Just look at all the faces on TV, even French TV. we are as open a society as anyone can imagine.
    Then you don't have much of an imagination. The long and deep history of Quebec racism is well-documented. The latest iteration happened only last week with the head of the PQ whining about not being able to order an imaginary bagel en français.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    When you've had the chance to travel around the world and submerge yourself in many cultures as I have, you realize how free we are over here. Everyone here has their rights, where as in many countries around the world we would be categorically chastised for being something other than what they are.
    I'd be happy to compare Doppler.com profiles with you any day.


    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    So to have a whore tell you she don't do Blacks is no big deal. Lots of Europeans prefer their own kind as well as Africans, Asians, and so forth.
    when did I say any different? Interesting that you use a pejorative like whore in your comments. I guess that makes you a tough trick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    Take me for instance. I am a racist. But I hate everyone equally.
    That makes you a xenophobe, not a racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    Yet not one of my friends are Canadian! All of them are landed immigrants, even many of my gfs have been and are Asian, Arabic, Russian and so forth. I can count on one hand the number of Quebecoise gfs I've had.
    I'm going to assume that counting is done on your right hand. As to the other friends you have found amidst the ethnic groups you profess to hate, perhaps its because you found 'the good ones' among them?
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad. There's an app for that!

  15. #15
    Recreational User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a house, on a street, duh.
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by hungry101 View Post
    Great post...say no more
    It was a long post, and I agree with the second part of your comment.
    Last edited by YouVantOption; 12-04-2009 at 10:20 AM.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad. There's an app for that!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •