Thread: Bye

Bye

Since when has discussion of rates become a verbotem topic just because Mod 11 is tired of it ? The comments of the mods are as sarcastic as anyone at times, certainly the equal of those that they give holidays too.

Quite frankly the over-moderation on this board is a bit out of control, rendering the participation here of little fun or value.

Please delete my account.

Wow! Talk about blowing a gasket! You were not even involved in that incident! Have you read the post Jim did? (the answer is probably no). Maybe there was some lack of respect in what he posted also? Maybe he was judging the girl?

There's discussing about the rate and bitching about the rate. Discussing is allowed but, bitching about it by saying the girls who charge X amount of money aren't worth it, are crazy or greedy isn't allowed. This is a free market, girls are allowed to charge whatever they want. Of course, anybody can say how much a girl is charging, of course anybody can recap the girl's pricing history.

Our power is with our money, we are the consumers: if the girl charges too much, she won't stay in business or will have to lower her rate. If a girl charge $1000 per hour and still make enough money to make her happy, great for her! I can say that I won't go to see her, that's no issue. I can say she's charging too much for my wallet but, I have no right to say she isn't worth that much money because, she just isn't worth that much money as far as I am involved. The only thing to remember is simple: her rate are her decision and we have no right to oppose her, besides stopping to see her if she's now too expensive for us.

We will never ban a guy because he said he wanted to see Lady X but won't because she is too expensive for his taste but, we'll ban the next guy who jump in and say stuff like "She's a greedy bitch who's not worth half of what she's asking." Can you see the difference?

Once again we have someone who is unclear on things. We have no problem with any discussion regarding rates if it is done in a general way and is not targetted at any particular agency or SP. But we do not permit members to complain or criticize any agency or provider in particular for the rates they decide to charge unless of course it is done as part of a review.

It has been stated many times before that any provider or agency has the right to charge the rates they wish. If any potential client is not happy with those rates, they are not obligated to spend their money to see that provider. But complaining about it on MERB will not be permitted as most of those who complain have not seen and have no intention to see the SP they are complaining about. If you cannot afford the rates or you feel they are unreasonable, simply move on to someone who's rates are more agreeable to you.

If you have seen a particular provider and wish to post a review about your session, you may certainly include your opinion of whether or not you felt the amount paid was reasonable or not when compared to the service received in exchange.

I do not consider that to be 'over moderation'.

If you wish to have your account removed, I suggest that you contact Fred Zed directly by email or PM instead of trying to make yourself appear to be some kind of martyr against the way we moderate MERB by posting your request on the board. I am sure that you realize moderators do not have the power to remove or de-activate handles. After all, this is not the first handle you've had and you should know better by now.

Mod 8

Heavy handed Mods

In all honesty, I find things are getting a little too heavy-handed on here and do not like mod's oversimplification of this guy's statements or piling on to refute what he has to say. Lay off or this board will become quieter than it already is.

Hello Turbodick,

The question of rates has been covered in numerous threads in the past. How many times do we have to go through the same old complaints? If you find the rate to be too expensive, then look elsewhere for your companionship. If an SP is charging a particular rate, it is because she is making money at that rate. If she was not, she would lower her rate. The answer is simple and it has not changed since the last time the subject was brought up. But if anyone really wants to discuss rates once again, they are free to do it in a general manner without targeting any particular SP or agency. Or simply find the last thread on the subject and make a new post in it. If someone wants to discuss a particular agency or provider's rates, they should do so directly with the agency or provider, not on MERB.

When it comes to 411 posts, no one was complaining when the moderators were constantly editing the posts to bring them into compliance with the rules. This was, to be honest, getting to be a time consuming and tiresome process. We began banning people in the hope that the practice would finally come to an end. If people have not noticed the result of making such a post, they only have themselves to blame.

If anyone has any specific complaint to mention, please do so. But saying that the moderation is too heavy handed without giving any examples makes it quite difficult for us to know exactly what your complaint is. If anyone has any particular incident to bring up, they are more than welcome to do so and we are always open to suggestions and members' input. But if it concerns the same things that I have mentioned above, the moderation on those subjects will not change.

I apologize if our replies seem like piling on. I was writing my post and posted it without seeing M11's earlier reply which was posted as I was composing my post. If there seems to be a touch of sarcasm in my reply, it is simply due to the fact that we seem to be constantly dealing with the same subjects over and over again every few months and yes, it does get a bit tiresome to have to do this.

To have these complaints come from a new member is one thing and is understandable, but when they come from a poster such as Time to Punt who has been on MERB almost since the inception of the board is another. He already knows the answer to his complaint but brings it up yet again. This could have easily been dealt with by a PM to a moderator, but instead has to be posted on the board where a small situation is once again blown well out of proportion.

Recently in another thread, Eager Beaver asked a number of questions which I answered in a very forthcoming way. This was done in a very non-controversial, non-confrontational manner and was probably read by few members because of the lack of drama and there were few if any follow up questions by other members.

I do not see what else can be done to get our point across.

M8

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodick View Post
    In all honesty, I find things are getting a little too heavy-handed on here and do not like mod's oversimplification of this guy's statements or piling on to refute what he has to say. Lay off or this board will become quieter than it already is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 8 View Post
    Hello Turbodick,

The question of rates has been covered in numerous threads in the past. How many times do we have to go through the same old complaints? If you find the rate to be too expensive, then look elsewhere for your companionship. If an SP is charging a particular rate, it is because she is making money at that rate. If she was not, she would lower her rate. The answer is simple and it has not changed since the last time the subject was brought up. But if anyone really wants to discuss rates once again, they are free to do it in a general manner without targeting any particular SP or agency. Or simply find the last thread on the subject and make a new post in it. If someone wants to discuss a particular agency or provider's rates, they should do so directly with the agency or provider, not on MERB.

When it comes to 411 posts, no one was complaining when the moderators were constantly editing the posts to bring them into compliance with the rules. This was, to be honest, getting to be a time consuming and tiresome process. We began banning people in the hope that the practice would finally come to an end. If people have not noticed the result of making such a post, they only have themselves to blame.

If anyone has any specific complaint to mention, please do so. But saying that the moderation is too heavy handed without giving any examples makes it quite difficult for us to know exactly what your complaint is. If anyone has any particular incident to bring up, they are more than welcome to do so and we are always open to suggestions and members' input. But if it concerns the same things that I have mentioned above, the moderation on those subjects will not change.

I apologize if our replies seem like piling on. I was writing my post and posted it without seeing M11's earlier reply which was posted as I was composing my post. If there seems to be a touch of sarcasm in my reply, it is simply due to the fact that we seem to be constantly dealing with the same subjects over and over again every few months and yes, it does get a bit tiresome to have to do this.

To have these complaints come from a new member is one thing and is understandable, but when they come from a poster such as Time to Punt who has been on MERB almost since the inception of the board is another. He already knows the answer to his complaint but brings it up yet again. This could have easily been dealt with by a PM to a moderator, but instead has to be posted on the board where a small situation is once again blown well out of proportion.

Recently in another thread, Eager Beaver asked a number of questions which I answered in a very forthcoming way. This was done in a very non-controversial, non-confrontational manner and was probably read by few members because of the lack of drama and there were few if any follow up questions by other members.

I do not see what else can be done to get our point across.

M8
    Hello mods,

I understand your point of view and agree with your goals, but it does sometimes almost look like a kind of gang beat down. I can see how some get this impression even if they are possibly failing to see their own faults...like me at times. And the number of explanatory posts starts to look close to being over done and defensive. 3 out of 5 posts here before mine.

Easy big guys,

Merlot
    Last edited by Merlot; 12-07-2009 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 8 View Post

M8
    Thanks for the reply. I graze on information here and only see a fraction of the posts. I know I would get tired of seeing the same stuff repeated, but I also know I miss a lot of good information the first time.