Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless/Internet in hotels running list

Wireless/Internet in hotels running list

Thought it might be helpful for other hobbyists to keep a running list of which hotels have free internet in the rooms and/or free wireless in the lobby for those who travel to Montreal also on business. Here's what I can contribute to the best of my recollection:

Hyatt: No wireless, paid connection in rooms
    Marriott Chateau Champlain: Free wireless in lobby, paid connection in rooms (although wireless signal is strong enough to connect to on lower level hotel floors)
    Loews Hotel Vogue: Free wireless in lobby, paid connection in rooms (wireless signal is not strong enough to connect to on even second level of hotel)

Now let's add to this list!

Veteran of Misadventures
    Hotel Omni has free wireless Internet

Hilton Bonaveture has cable/$9.95 per night but free wireless Internet in the lobby. This is due to the building and walls being thick concrete so what is available in the lobby is not available in the rooms

Hotel Intercontinental $14.95 per night wireless
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 12-13-2009 at 08:33 AM.

It's a whole new ballgame
    Grand Plaza, formerly Crown Plaza then Doubletree. Free wireless as well as plenty of free parking on side streets.

Quality Inn on Parc. Free wireless.

Generally speaking, the more expensive the room, the less likely you are to get free wifi.
    The mounties always get their man.

Hotel Europa - Free internet

Quote Originally Posted by Castor_Troy13 View Post
    Marriott Chateau Champlain: Free wireless in lobby, paid connection in rooms (although wireless signal is strong enough to connect to on lower level hotel floors)
    I stayed at the Marriott Chateau Champlain just last week and had free wireless internet in the room...

Voyager
    "No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being."
    -Ansel Adams

the guy w/soft hands..
    Motel Chablis Cadillac (near Cadillac Metro)... Dunno about the one on St-Jacques though

Holiday Inn Express Suites and Candlewood Suites , both on rene levesque est , both next to each other, both , free internet in rooms

La Suites Labelle..... free internet, but horrible place to stay. never again

Delta on Kennedy
    in the lobby, they have a room with 3 or 4 free computers
    upstairs in the rooms, its a dsl connection at the desk ... @$16 with the taxes per day
    no wifi in the rooms

HOLIDAY INN MIDTOWN
    what I recall from last year, its free wifi in the rooms

and just checked,
    the website for the Marriott CC says free internet in all rooms
    Last edited by Morris Wanchuk; 12-14-2009 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lgna69xxx View Post
    Holiday Inn Express Suites and Candlewood Suites , both on rene levesque est , both next to each other, both , free internet in rooms
    ... and free business office with internet and 2 computers.

Of the three hotels I've stayed at in the Montreal area two offered free internet.

On my first trip I stayed at the Econo Lodge downtown and they offered free internet. My room also was huge and had a hot tub in it. During my first trip I also stayed at the Holiday Inn in Longueuil. Also free internet.

The rest of my trips to Montreal I've stayed at the InterContinental which charges for internet. However, because I'm a platinum priority club member they took the charge off my bill both times. I agree that the more expensive the hotel the less likely they'll offer free internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin View Post

Quality Inn on Parc. Free wireless.

Generally speaking, the more expensive the room, the less likely you are to get free wifi.
    IIRC, the Quality Inn on Parc, IIRC, didn't have wireless, but ethernet. But it's free.

I agree that the more expensive the room, you probably won't get free wifi.

I guess they figure if you can afford the room, you can afford to get nickeled and dimed.

It's a whole new ballgame
    Hotel de la Montagne - Free wifi in room.
    The mounties always get their man.

Hotel Nelligan and Hotel Place de Armes
    • Wired is free in rooms.
    • There is a charge $ for wireless
    Enjoy life my friends....

Quote Originally Posted by devries View Post
    Motel Chablis Cadillac (near Cadillac Metro)... Dunno about the one on St-Jacques though
    I was told the Chablis/St-Jacques has it also for free. That is something that would be extremely helpful, should you become "stranded"...

YoungBob
    Last edited by YoungBob; 12-14-2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Adding a comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast