Thread: minor aside: meaning of TOFTT

minor aside: meaning of TOFTT

With all the weighty issues being debated out here this post is admittedly unimportant, but ... I've seen at least two posts that use the acronym/expression TOFTT in a positive way. That is, someone takes a chance on a new SP, has a really good time, and refers to that as TOFTT. I've always assumed that the expression means that you took a hit, or a fall, for the team: that you took a chance and it didn't work out and, even though you suffered, the team benefitted (in this case, from the knowledge of a poor experience with an SP). Or am I wrong?
    (As i said, this is pretty minor stuff....)

talkinghead, TOFTT simply means the SP has no reviews or any info written about her yet, and someone is seeing her with no expectations and taking a chance, TOFTT can turn out Great, Average, or Poor.....
    Last edited by lgna69xxx; 01-01-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Taking
    One
    For
    The
    Team

Team being us

yes, I know what it stands for. I assumed it meant making a sacrifice for the team, not just taking a chance. So having a great time with a new SP would be getting lucky, not TOFTT; discovering a dud and saving everyone else the trouble would be taking one for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by andcen View Post
    Taking
    One
    For
    The
    Team

Team being us
    Ugggggggh! Too many TLAs! I'm glad it didn't mean Too Fat.