Thread: Shooting in D.G. - up near hooker hotel row

Recreational User

Shooting in D.G. - up near hooker hotel row

Two men shot in N.D.G
    BY JASON MAGDER, THE GAZETTE JANUARY 25, 2010

Patrons of a McDonald’s restaurant and the neighbouring Petro Canada gas station in Notre Dame de Grâce witnessed a double shooting at about 5 p.m. Sunday.

Montreal police said they received a call that shots were fired behind the McDonald’s, facing Ste. Anne de Bellevue Blvd., where it meets St. Jacques St.

When it was over, a man in his 50s was lying dead in the parking lot, while a 51-year-old man was dying in a car, which had slid down a small hill, and nearly ended up on the road.

Is MERB short a couple of members today? I sure hope not.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad. There's an app for that!

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Almost everytime i hear about a murder or a shooting, it seems to happen in NDG. Is this one of the most violent suburbs on the island? I've never been in the area & i doubt i'll ever go, considering the high number of violent crimes being committed there.

Yea I venture in that area , sorta surprising seeing this , that area has cops at every corner.

It's a whole new ballgame
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Almost everytime i hear about a murder or a shooting, it seems to happen in NDG. Is this one of the most violent suburbs on the island? I've never been in the area & i doubt i'll ever go, considering the high number of violent crimes being committed there.
    Doc, the area around the Chablis is quite seedy, however NDG (No Damn Good) is quite a large area most of which is middle class residential and quite peaceful.
    The mounties always get their man.

Classy, Pretty & Sexy GFE Montreal Sex City's Avatar
    Ironiquely, not only I agree with you but I remember 3 years ago getting a ticket for trowing my cigarette outside my car.
    When I got the ticket, I ask : '' Is it really the only thing you have to do in this area ... (!) ''

Miss Jessy & The Classy, Pretty & Sexy Ladies! ¤ www.montrealsexcity.com ¤ Twitter
    Agency Reputation 2011-2012-2013
    GFE of the Year 2010-2011-2012
    Best Owners/Bookers 2011-2012

514-234-1286 Thanks! Merci!

It's no more violent than say Montreal Nord, Park X, Point St-Charles, Little Burgundy, Hochelaga-Maisoneuve.....
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

Recreational User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    It's no more violent than say Montreal Nord, Park X, Point St-Charles, Little Burgundy, Hochelaga-Maisoneuve.....
    Right. But at least they don't have a litter problem in DG.

Recreational User
    Turns out one of the guys killed, Kirk Murray, had done a double murder himself years back, and the other guy's name was Antonio Onesi. Both shot by a hired gunman.
    http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...164/story.html

And then they had a mudslide in the same spot tonight. The crime wave never stops.

As to which part of Montreal has more crime, there's an app for that at http://spotcrime.com/qc/montreal

It looks like most of it is in the east end, but NDG is making a come-back with three murders in as many weeks. REPRESENT!
    Last edited by YouVantOption; 01-26-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Recreational User
    Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin View Post
    Doc, the area around the Chablis is quite seedy, however NDG (No Damn Good) is quite a large area most of which is middle class residential and quite peaceful.
    No damn good. Last time I heard that one, I fell off my dinosaur laughing.

Ndg is not a violent area at all and this is once isolated area (by the train tracks) that really shouldn't even be grouped with NDG, most of it is a safe residential area but this former hooker area and where all the motels are might have a shooting once every few years, montreal nord is way worse or even past st laurent is way more dangerous.

N.d.g.

Walkley area was pretty bad a few years ago as was the strip on the border with CSL but gentrification came along and things improved. No different from the Plateau changing or other areas.

Best comparable would be Rosemont. NDG is more expensive than Rosemont. Pocket areas where problems accumulate then get taken care of. Usual in the transient parts of a district.

NDG has excellent community services and programs available to all interests and needs from the cradle to the grave.
    LISA'S FRIEND

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by eastender View Post
    NDG has excellent community services and programs available to all interests and needs from the cradle to the grave.
    It would seem as though the grave services might be getting tapped a bit more than usual these days.

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    It would seem as though the grave services might be getting tapped a bit more than usual these days.
    Not for the residents, all the guys who were shot were passing through.