Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite brand of chips and flavor

Favorite brand of chips and flavor

Thanks to Doc for last week for giving me the heads up on Old Dutch bbq chips. ( which I enjoyed very much )
    Being such a huge chip fan, I would like to get more suggestions on your favorite brand of chips and flavor.

Here are mine

Ruffles - sour cream and onion
    Pringles - dill pickle
    Miss Vicky - Jalapeno

Lays - Salt and vinegar
    Ruffles - Hot wings

Doritos - Spicy Sweet Chili Tortilla Chips ... once you start, you have to finish the bag!

Lays has a Southern Sweet Spicy Barbecue in Florida that's amazing. Lays puts out these special flavors every so often to test the market. Excellent, just the right flavor and tang.

Any Doritos, I havent had a flavor I havent liked.

Anything barbecue. The spicier the better.
    Obviously some are better than others. BBQ Ruffles and BBQ Nachos are good standards, but I also like to try all the different flavours they have in the US.

Damn, now I need a snack. Let's see, something salty. Any chips in the house?
    Last edited by HG Hunter; 03-17-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Among my favorite flavors are the following ones:

Bret's Roast Chicken potato chips (France)
    Dakota Style Parmesan Cheese & Garlic (USA)
    Walkers Cajun Squirrel Potato Flavour (USA)
    Sabritas Limón (South America)
    Yokitos Batata Lisa (Brazil)
    Miss Vickies Honey & Garlic (Canada)
    Wachusett Sour Cream & Onion Ripple (USA)
    ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

Blair's Death Rain chips, any flavour but mainly Buffalo Wing and Cajun. If you like your chips to be HOT, they're the only choice around. Not easy to find though.
    http://extremefood.com/shop/home.php?cat=9
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Kettle chip, sourcream and onion. For some reason you can rarely get a fresh crisp bag.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GTA refugee View Post
    Kettle chip, sourcream and onion. For some reason you can rarely get a fresh crisp bag.
    so you like stale chips?

Good'ol classic sunchips.
    Last edited by BoitePerdue; 03-22-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Veteran of Misadventures
    I have never seen or heard of Old Dutch BBQ chips. I assume they are a Canadian brand chip. Here in New England, Cape Cod makes the best kettle style chips. I am sure the posters from New England are familiar with this chip. Cape Cod makes a mesquite BBQ chip which is the best I have had.

http://www.capecodchips.com/products/chips.aspx

retired
    i'm not much of a chips muncher, but when i feel like it, one of those is likely to end up in my shopping cart...
    -Dutch Crunch Kettle Cooked Cracked Black Pepper & Balsamic Vinegar chips
    -Kettle chips brand honey dijon flavor
    oh and once every few moons i have a craving for good old ketchup chips, but they're never as good as i seem to remember them

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    Thanks to Doc for last week for giving me the heads up on Old Dutch bbq chips. ( which I enjoyed very much )
    Being such a huge chip fan, I would like to get more suggestions on your favorite brand of chips and flavor.
    Before i became a fan of Humpty Dumpty's BBQ chips (who later became Old Dutch Humpty Dumpty BBQ), my preference were Hot Barbecue chips sold by Hostess. When Lay's took over Hostess, the taste changed. But i re-discovered the same bbq taste in No-Name BBQ chips sold at various supermarkets such as 'Independents'. They taste exactly like the ol' Hot Barbecue chips that i used to love.

Oh yeah! Those Hot BBQ from Hostess were great. When I was a kid, my favourite BBQ chips were Yum Yum. they ahd a uniique flavour and a few years ago I actually sent them an email asking why they changed the taste. They replied that they have never changed the spices but changed the way of cooking them, basically the oil they used, and that made the difference in taste.

The original Humpty Dumpty BBQ chips from when I was a kid were also amazing and much spicier than today's brand. Again, I'm sure that the changes in oils used in cooking them has made a big difference in the flavour.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast