Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Montreal Grand Prix 2010 - June 13th

Montreal Grand Prix 2010 - June 13th

The Montreal Grand Prix 2010 is set to happen in less then a month (June 13th).

Is this a Good time or a Bad time to go to Montreal?

Is there ever a Bad time to be had in Montreal?

Just wondering how Montreal and Montrealiers was gearing up for the return of the Grand Prix?

Additional information on the Grand Prix can be found here: http://www.circuitgillesvilleneuve.ca/formula-1.html

- CWipes
    Last edited by CWipes; 05-18-2010 at 02:25 PM.

If you don't mind large crowds, a 4 day party and beautiful women everywhere you look, it's a great time to be in Montreal!
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Techman is dead on with his assessment, great time to be in Montreal.

If you don't mind paying $300/night for a hotel either.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Are the beautiful women imports or locals? And when is 4 day trip to Montreal not a Party?
    Last edited by CWipes; 05-18-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRenault View Post
    Please provide one quote to substantiate your claim that "F1 car bosses" (whatever that means) have complained about Montreal being too small to host a race.
    I saw Ferrari team boss Jean Todt on tv talking about this after the race. I saw it over & over again on the local sports news in the days that followed. His words were that Mtl was too small for such a venue & that the toilets situation was absolutely deplorable. He added that other teams had similar complaints.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 05-18-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Doc, you should consider a tour of some FKK clubs in Germany. There are a number of MERBites (including myself) who have enlightened themselves and expanded their horizons by sampling European culture in this manner. If you do go, then I guarantee that you will return to Canada with "broad, wholesome and charitable views" of your European cousins.
    What enlightenment could you get from the FKK clubs, or judge Europeans in general from those clubs? Yes I have lived, traveled to Europe. It would also not surprise me at all to learn that a larger proportion of "bad behaviors" would be found at these races than normal. It is also my understanding that it is the Europeans that follow these races in larger numbers than people from North America.

During the Grand Prix weekend, are more SP late due to being stuck in traffic?

Just from a pure economics stand point what should happen to price if demand increases and quantity remains the same?

Not that I'm trying to give anyone ideas, but based on what has been said, you would think that agencies would do more to get in the Grand Prix mood.

- CWipes

It's a whole new ballgame
    You did? Very glad to hear that. Where's your report?
    Louie, I'm afraid that, once again, my friend JH Holliday, MD, is full of shit. I've been trying to get him to join me at Oase and World for several years. Still waiting.

On the subject of the F1 weekend, I must confess that it's a weekend that I avoid the downtown and surrounding areas. I just don't like the crowds. I did join Inspector Renault at a fashion show on McGill a few years back. While the eye candy was quite spectacular, the crowd was overwhelming. Fortunately, I got downtown by bike so making my escape wasn't particularly difficult. I sure wouldn't have wanted to try to get a care either in or out.
    Last edited by rumpleforeskiin; 05-19-2010 at 08:28 AM.
    The mounties always get their man.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    While I do recommend taking some time to visit cultural landmarks such as museums and monuments during a trip to Germany, you can also learn a lot about Germany by interacting with both customers and providers in an FKK club. In fact, you're probably more likely to actually talk with foreigners (Germans and others) in an FKK club than with anyone you see in a museum or a cathedral. So yes, a visit to an FKK club can be "enlightening" in its own unique way.
    I've got nothing against German people. My grandfather was born in Germany & was a proud German. One day, i plan on visiting the homeland, but not necessarily to get laid. I'm a history buff & a tour of Europe in the future is not out of the question. I do appreciate the advice.

But back to the GP......unless i get a room downtown for under $200, i'm not really interested. As for the race, i need to root for a driver in order to enjoy the race. However, since Jacques' been out of F1, i don't care about any of those guys & have stopped following F1 racing. Until last year, i used to get up very early every Sunday morning in order to watch the races on tv. I still can't believe Mark Webber is actually & finally winning races.....he must have a good car, which is what it really is all about. But i'll say one thing: "If you haven't been to Mtl during GP weekend, you should attend at least once & then make up your own mind about it."

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe.t View Post
    Techman is dead on with his assessment, great time to be in Montreal.
    Possibly true, but i'll bet he wouldn't be saying this if he wasn't a Mtl resident & have to pay $300+ for a regular hotel room.

Montreal is always great during the F1 week. Working in this business, I know a lot of people come for the race but also for the atmosphere in Montreal which is great compared to the other cities on the F1 circuit. They are looking for "the party". I know there is one happening on Saturday June 12th. pm me for info.

It's a whole new ballgame
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I've stopped sharing my info a long time ago.
    At least your real life. We do, however, continue to enjoy your fantasies.
    The mounties always get their man.

Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin View Post
    Louie, I'm afraid that, once again, my friend JH Holliday, MD, is full of shit. I've been trying to get him to join me at Oase and World for several years. Still waiting.
    Igna69xxx has been trying for years to get someone to go with him at Oase, you should give him a shout.

Guys, FOCUS! Back on topic please. Grand Prix 2010 in Montreal.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast