Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Debrahlee Lorenzana sues Citigroup, claims bank fired her for being too sexy...

  1. #1

    Debrahlee Lorenzana sues Citigroup, claims bank fired her for being too sexy...

    You absolutely gotta love this...her fellow male managers claimed she was too distracting to work around.
    LOL!

    http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...up_just_c.html

    Boy do I wish I could post pics here...for now some links will have to do.

    http://news.spreadit.org/pics/debrah...a_pictures.jpg
    http://images.nymag.com/images/2/dai...na_250x420.jpg
    http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010...a--300x450.jpg
    http://imgsrv.1010wins.com/image/win...age/TooHot.jpg
    http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06...88_636x404.jpg

    Anyone feel the urge to do some banking...

    Have fun,

    Jman
    Last edited by Jman47; 06-04-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    Enjoy life my friends....

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Da of the Dasein
    Posts
    1,640
    They should also get rid of people that are too ugly to work in public services.
    ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

    Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

  3. #3
    I think that she is going to get her 15 minutes of fame and try to get her $15 million in fortune through litigation.

  4. #4
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser View Post
    I think that she is going to get her 15 minutes of fame and try to get her $15 million in fortune through litigation.
    Banks are huge litigation targets right now. You maybe do not take a case like that if it is against Mom & Pops local pizzeria but when a case like that comes in your office, an attractive woman and seemingly arbitrary rules against Citigroup, you LICK YOUR CHOPS.

    I know of one bank in Connecticut whose marketing strategy on billboards is as follows:

    "168 Years. No Bailouts."

    What does that tell you about how the American public and juries in general feel about banks? Banks are deep in the urinals right now as far as defendants most likely to get pissed on, up there with trucking companies and department stores.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    83
    Is she indep or in an agency ??? :P

  6. #6
    EB,

    Banks do it to themselves constantly with attitude. I've witnessed absolutely criminal behavor by at least 3 of the big 4 banks. I have the documented proof on one of them.

    Going back to Citibank, they tried the attitude card with respect to one of our joint business matters. I filed suit, they lost and we ended up getting a judgment for all of our attorney's fees & costs, as well as declaratory relief. We sent them a letter asking for the judgment amount, they ignored us. We filed a lien on their properties and when they went to sell one of them we got paid. Second of the Fortune 500 companies we've sued and beat, just 498 to go.......

    CS
    Last edited by CS Martin; 06-04-2010 at 06:44 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by protagoras View Post
    They should also get rid of people that are too ugly to work in public services.
    She was in finance, not retail banking.

    Unless you're looking to dump a boatload of cash on Wall Street, it's doubtful that the average person would need her services, much less even know what she does.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bond_james_bond View Post
    Wow, Citibank must have a program of taking a lot of posing pictures of their employees for there to be so many well staged fashion shots available of her. It's like they knew the press would need them for this story.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Martin View Post
    Wow, Citibank must have a program of taking a lot of posing pictures of their employees for there to be so many well staged fashion shots available of her. It's like they knew the press would need them for this story.
    No. Those photos were taken by her attorney.

    I doubt if Citibank would allow this on their premises.

  11. #11
    She is plain looking and she has man feet.

    I bet her attorney had a good time taking the pics. I am guessing that she is on contingency an will not pay her lawyers unless she wins her case, I am sure the sheister will bill her $500 an hour for the photo shoot if there is any sort of settlement.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Da of the Dasein
    Posts
    1,640
    « Dangerously curvy Debrahlee Lorenzana contends her ex-bosses at Citibank in the Chrysler Building banned her from wearing sexy outfits or heels deemed "too distracting" for male coworkers. »

    Do you really believe that's the whole story? I'm almost sure that the real reason behind this is that one of the big bosses wanted to have sex with her and she refused.

    My two cents on a zillion dollar industry
    ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

    Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

  13. #13
    Someone is sure to misunderstand this following, but as usual.........well what the hell:

    It's an accepted fact that most men and women have different thought processes and therefore approach accomplishing business differently. One is not superior to the other (IMHO) as long as it's kept to method of approach to accomplish the same tasks. Many men and women routinely use their sex appeal or sexual suggestiveness to pursuade those they interact with or leveraging these traits to their business advantage. It's unfortunate when this method is sometimes used to make up for a lack of skill or knowledge.

    On a lighter note, we had an office supply salesperson venture into my small office totally ignoring the waiting room. Finding her way to my office, she spread herself out on one of my chairs with her legs open and her blouse buttoned down several slots. Her greeting in a very offhanded and familiar fashion was, "So how's it been going?". Although she was a reasonably attractive young female, I've seen less overt entrances/introductions from streetwalkers. It was at this moment that I decided to play a joke on our IT Manager (who also happens to be my brother-in-law). I showed the salesperson to his office and explained that he made all the decisions on office supply. Thought I'd watch the "fur fly". We had a good laugh about it afterwords and she even paid him a follow up visit.....LOL. No, we're still buying office supplies from our original supplier.
    Last edited by CS Martin; 06-05-2010 at 12:32 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Martin View Post
    Someone is sure to misunderstand this following, but as usual.........well what the hell:

    It's an accepted fact that most men and women have different thought processes and therefore approach accomplishing business differently. One is not superior to the other (IMHO) as long as it's kept to method of approach to accomplish the same tasks. Many men and women routinely use their sex appeal or sexual suggestiveness to pursuade those they interact with or leveraging these traits to their business advantage. It's unfortunate when this method is sometimes used to make up for a lack of skill or knowledge.

    On a lighter note, we had an office supply salesperson venture into my small office totally ignoring the waiting room. Finding her way to my office, she spread herself out on one of my chairs with her legs open and her blouse buttoned down several slots. Her greeting in a very offhanded and familiar fashion was, "So how's it been going?". Although she was a reasonably attractive young female, I've seen less overt entrances/introductions from streetwalkers. It was at this moment that I decided to play a joke on our IT Manager (who also happens to be my brother-in-law). I showed the salesperson to his office and explained that he made all the decisions on office supply. Thought I'd watch the "fur fly". We had a good laugh about it afterwords and she even paid him a follow up visit.....LOL. No, we're still buying office supplies from our original supplier.
    Hello CS,

    Your comments are right on and you are correct, it happens all of the time. I had to chuckle a little at your approach in the situation you described. Sounds like something I might do just to have a little harmless fun.

    Have fun,

    Jman

    PS I've had this same approach (selling technique...lol) used on me a few times over the years. And you're right it is usually someone lacking the professional skills and looking to make up for it using their sexuality to sell.
    Last edited by Jman47; 06-05-2010 at 01:14 PM.
    Enjoy life my friends....

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by protagoras View Post
    « Dangerously curvy Debrahlee Lorenzana contends her ex-bosses at Citibank in the Chrysler Building banned her from wearing sexy outfits or heels deemed "too distracting" for male coworkers. »

    Do you really believe that's the whole story? I'm almost sure that the real reason behind this is that one of the big bosses wanted to have sex with her and she refused.

    My two cents on a zillion dollar industry
    Hello protagoras,

    Well if indeed sexual advances were made, I am sure it will come out at some point in the suit if it goes to trial...because had her superiors done that it would just make her case that much easier to win.
    My guess...somewhere higher in the chain of command there is another female involved...a female in a position of influence. Either a superior, spouse of a superior or mistress of a superior who did not like Ms Lorenzana. Jealousy is a nasty motivator...and women, my friend can be very vicious.

    Have fun,

    Jman
    Enjoy life my friends....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •