Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Bell Sucks Hippo Balls!!!!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,128

    Thumbs down Bell Sucks Hippo Balls!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I am writing this thread at the request of a friend of mine, who is also an American, to let the world know that Bell sucks hippopotamus balls!

    Even though my friend has an unlocked, prepaid Motorola cellphone with quad band capability, and even though he has purchased SIM cards in 10 other countries for this same exact phone with no problem, the Bell SIM cards we tried to purchase here in Canada did not work in his phone, yet the Rogers SIM card we purchased did work, and I am using the phone with the Rogers SIM card right now because Bell failed us. So that tells me Bell is a suck ass company which employs dumbass telecommunications people because he has purchased SIM cards in 10 other countries with no problema, yet we wasted 3 hours of our vacation to find out that Bell employs a bunch of dumbasses who do not know how to make SIM cards for unlocked quad band phones that the rest of the world uses and that the rest of the world (10 other countries plus Rogers) could supply SIM cards for this unlocked phone with quad band capability.

    So this post is to let everyone know that Alexander Bell should be turning in his grave because his company has been left in the hands of dumbasses who are leaving the money of foreigners ON THE TABLE. YOU ARE ASSHOLES AND DUMBASSES! From my friend and I who had our time wasted by your company. Excuse us for thinking that your SIM cards can be used in a phone that 10 other countries could service but you could not.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 07-02-2010 at 06:14 PM.

  2. #2
    I am me, too!
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    If only I knew...
    Posts
    2,214
    Most Bell phones are CDMA. They don't have a SIM card. The only Bell phones that have SIM card are the newer 3G phones, who are in fact GSM phones.

    The Bell card your buddy got is likely to be a 3G card since Bell have nothing else that uses SIM cards. 3G cards will not work in non-3G phones, even if the slot is exactly the same (I just tested it. CHANGE: It took forever but the 3G card from my AT&T phone was accepted in my unlocked 10yo Motorola phone.)

    With Rogers and other regular GSM carriers, if you don't ask 3G, you'll get a normal card. With Bell, since 3G is the only thing they have, that's what you'll get.

    That's why your buddy's Bell SIM card doesn't work in his phone. (I still think that's the problem anyway because Bell 3G doesn't understand non 3G phones and if your buddy's phone isn't 3G, that's it!)

    Please let me know if I'm wrong or right. Learning every day!

    And Bell still sucks anyway.
    Last edited by metoo4; 07-02-2010 at 07:06 PM.

  3. #3
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by metoo4 View Post
    The Bell card your buddy got is likely to be a 3G card since Bell have nothing else that uses SIM cards. 3G cards will not work in non-3G phones, even if the slot is exactly the same (I just tested it.)
    I was there with him and we both saw the SIM card fit in the slot. It did not work in the phone. We tried two different Bell SIM cards. Then we had to wait in line and get a refund and buy a Rogers SIM card. So Bell lost our money and Rogers got our money. My friend and I had split the cost of the SIM card and the minutes.

    By the ways I now have $25 Bell credit for the minutes we bought and I will offer it to one of the ladies I see if any of them happen to use Bell. I want nothing to do with this company, they are bottom feeders.

  4. #4
    post master
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    137
    If you go back 15 years, Bell had absolute Monopoly in Quebec. Now in 2010, all you here about is how much they are stuggling with financial problems. How does a company manage to fuck up this bad. If all the people in the outskirts of Quebec knew that Bell wasnt the only company available. They would also surely switch to Telus or Rodgers. I cant imagine ever going back to Bell even if they offered free service. The customer service was so bad that I might prefer to be tea bagged by a dozen dirty hippo's than to sign another contract with them.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy G View Post
    If you go back 15 years, Bell had absolute Monopoly in Quebec. Now in 2010, all you here about is how much they are stuggling with financial problems. How does a company manage to fuck up this bad. If all the people in the outskirts of Quebec knew that Bell wasnt the only company available. They would also surely switch to Telus or Rodgers. I cant imagine ever going back to Bell even if they offered free service. The customer service was so bad that I might prefer to be tea bagged by a dozen dirty hippo's than to sign another contract with them.
    Bell was all over the place for domestic but...

    Telus bought QuebecTel network a while ago (in 2000 I think) so anyone who wants a better cell coverage in regions knows that Bell isn't the best.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JH Fan View Post
    Bell was all over the place for domestic but...

    Telus bought QuebecTel network a while ago (in 2000 I think) so anyone who wants a better cell coverage in regions knows that Bell isn't the best.
    Koodo is also owned by telus and they offer half the prices that telus does with the same coverage and network and no system access fees

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by master_bates View Post
    Koodo is also owned by telus and they offer half the prices that telus does with the same coverage and network and no system access fees
    You're probably right.

    It would be another reason why Bell isn't "a monopole" in cell coverage and I don't see anyone here believing that Bell is the 'only' one.

  8. #8
    I am me, too!
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    If only I knew...
    Posts
    2,214
    Bell own Solo and to a certain extent, Virgin.
    Rogers own Fido.
    Telus own Kudo.

    All these networks prioritize their main carrier over the bargain franchise. If the network is extremely busy, a Bell phone have more chances to get a line than a Solo, even if they are both owned by Bell and both on the same network.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by master_bates View Post
    Koodo is also owned by telus and they offer half the prices that telus does with the same coverage and network and no system access fees


    Forgot to add.... no contracts

    Next year we'll be getting 4 new U.S carriers in canada which will bring down the prices even more.

    Gotta love competition

  10. #10
    Recreational User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a house, on a street, duh.
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by metoo4 View Post
    Bell own Solo and to a certain extent, Virgin.
    Rogers own Fido.
    Telus own Kudo.

    All these networks prioritize their main carrier over the bargain franchise. If the network is extremely busy, a Bell phone have more chances to get a line than a Solo, even if they are both owned by Bell and both on the same network.
    that is incorrect. Bell does not own any part of virgin. Virgin lease spectrum from them, and are an independent company.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad. There's an app for that!

  11. #11
    Recreational User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a house, on a street, duh.
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    I was there with him and we both saw the SIM card fit in the slot. It did not work in the phone. We tried two different Bell SIM cards. Then we had to wait in line and get a refund and buy a Rogers SIM card. So Bell lost our money and Rogers got our money. My friend and I had split the cost of the SIM card and the minutes.

    By the ways I now have $25 Bell credit for the minutes we bought and I will offer it to one of the ladies I see if any of them happen to use Bell. I want nothing to do with this company, they are bottom feeders.
    read what metoo4 said. Bell doesn't have SIM cards, they have cards that work with GSM phones. So of course they didn't work with your buddy's phone. Proof was when you went to Rogers, and, using a different type of telephony, the mobile unit worked. In other words, Bell may suck Hippo balls, but not for the reasons you list.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad. There's an app for that!

  12. #12
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by YouVantOption View Post
    read what metoo4 said. Bell doesn't have SIM cards, they have cards that work with GSM phones. So of course they didn't work with your buddy's phone. Proof was when you went to Rogers, and, using a different type of telephony, the mobile unit worked. In other words, Bell may suck Hippo balls, but not for the reasons you list.
    We were sold a Bell SIM card, and the Bell Rep was on the phone and told the electronics department sales rep that the SIM card should work in my friend's phone, only to later find out that although every SIM card sold in other countries for such a phone works, Bell's does not. Bell's own rep did not communicate this to us, and if Bell's own tech rep does not understand the technology of Bell's phones, then who do you propose we rely on for an accurate assessment of the Canadian telecommunications technology?

    Bell Sucks Hippo Balls!

    My friend may be posting about this incident as well, although between the two os uf we figured out a legal way to retaliate against Bell, and our retaliatory plan of action was launched before we left Canada.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 07-06-2010 at 06:34 PM.

  13. #13
    I am me, too!
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    If only I knew...
    Posts
    2,214
    YouVant, http://www.bce.ca/en/news/releases/b.../07/75140.html It's no longer to a certain extent, Bell totally own Virgin Canada. They used to be 50%.

    Bell does have SIM card for it's 3G phones. But a phone who is not 3G will not work in non-3G mode on Bell network since Bell uses something different for non 3G phones. Rogers and a huge part of the world are using GMS but Bell is CDMA for it's non-3G phones.
    Last edited by metoo4; 07-06-2010 at 07:59 PM.

  14. #14
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by metoo4 View Post
    Bell does have SIM card for it's 3G phones. But a phone who is not 3G will not work in non-3G mode on Bell network since Bell uses something different for non 3G phones. Rogers and a huge part of the world are using GMS but Bell is CDMA for it's non-3G phones.
    The electronics sales rep told the Bell Tech rep, in our presence, that we were Americans and that my friend had an unlocked quad band Motorola phone, and I understand that it runs with the GMS technology, but nobody at any point stopped the transaction and said to us, "hey! The Bell SIM card is not going to work in that phone!" Instead, these guys assumed what we assumed, that it would work especially since the SIM card fit and the rest of the world is using GMS. What we all learned is that Bell does not give a shit about what the rest of the world is doing technology wise, they only care about monopolizing and abusing the Canadian consumer and, in our case, the American would-be consumers. And because of this we wasted time, bought the Bell SIM card that did not work, got a refund and then bought a Rogers SIM card, with 3 hours of wasted time following this pointless transaction.

    So our business went to Rogers and we learned that Bell sucks hippo testicles!
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 07-06-2010 at 08:12 PM.

  15. #15
    I am me, too!
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    If only I knew...
    Posts
    2,214
    You don't need to convince me, they suck biiiiig time.

    Bell is new to the 3G field. SIM cards are a novelty for them. The support guy probably had no clue it wouldn't work.

    I would have ask for a refund.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •