Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it hot or what

Banned

Is it hot or what

I go for a lot of walks wether i am at home or in montreal, i probably walked approx 8 miles today roaming the streets of montreal then went on the rooftop bar at the montagne for approx 2 hrs. I have a red face to show for it but for the 1st time ever my upper body is pretty red despite the fact i was wearing a t-shirt at all times. I could not believe it when i took my shirt off to shower

It's hot enough that I finally broke down and bought a portable air conditioner for my apartment.

Jeff, I picked up a couple of golf shirts a few weeks ago and wondered at the tag that said they provided a sun-block factor of 35 (with a disclaimer that it didn't apply to uncovered skin!). I'd always thought that most clothing would provide decent protection against UV but I guess I was wrong. Pretty glad I bought them now, though!
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff jones View Post
    I go for a lot of walks wether i am at home or in montreal, i probably walked approx 8 miles today roaming the streets of montreal then went on the rooftop bar at the montagne for approx 2 hrs.
    I usually avoid the rooftop bar when it's as sunny & hot like it has been lately. It's absolutely unbearable & if i'm planning to see any sps, i'd rather save my energy (and skin) indoors or else i'll wind up with a sunburn or headache (or both) and have zero energy by the time the girl(s) arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I usually avoid the rooftop bar when it's as sunny & hot like it has been lately. It's absolutely unbearable & if i'm planning to see any sps, i'd rather save my energy (and skin) indoors or else i'll wind up with a sunburn or headache (or both) and have zero energy by the time the girl(s) arrives.
    You sound like an old man!
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    You sound like an old man!
    Sound? I am an old man!

I tried walking to the top of Mount Royal like I do everytime I'm in town. Not this time, I made it half way up and had to turn back. Damn this heat!

60 days ago it snowed in Montreal (May 8)

100+++

Well I had the great fortune as it were to visit Montreal back in late May at the tail end of that stretch of heat when the mercury was topping out at over 100 degrees F / 40 degrees C in the fair city...

As luck may have it, or not lol...I have the misfortune of being in a spot where the mercury has topped out over 100 degrees F / 40 degrees C for the 2nd day in a row now...that spot is not Montreal ...lol.

Stay cool and have fun,

Jman
    Enjoy life my friends....

about 118F yesterday with the humidity. It's so hot my sweat is sweating.

Aw comon' M11....no fair counting the heat index...lol

Believe me it's a huge difference. 105F in Denver is a piece of cake compared to 95F in Montreal.

you got that right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 11 View Post
    Believe me it's a huge difference. 105F in Denver is a piece of cake compared to 95F in Montreal.

Comparables

Mountains are very comfortable at high temperatures.

But 95F in Montreal is more tolerable than 95F in Atlanta, Birmingham, Nashville, Charlotte or elsewhere in the SE.
    LISA'S FRIEND

Quote Originally Posted by 10-4Roger View Post
    Imagine if it would have snow, it would be God damn hot to shovel !
    How much you want to bet if we got a couple of inches of snow over night somehow that the city plows would be out in force from Montreal to Windsor clearing up in the morning.

LOL...I have been in Montreal when it was 100; I have been in NY when it was 100; I have been in other NE cities when it was 100; I have been in Kansas City when it was 100. I have been in FL when it was 100; I have been to TX when is was 110; I have been in Las Vegas when it was 115; I have been in Death Valley, CA when it was 123...

Any way you cut it - THEY ARE ALL F&$king HOT!

The only difference in being somewhere where the humidity is not a factor is...you won't know it when you sweat to death because the sweat evaporates too fast. Or the converse of what you said - your sweat can't sweat...lol.

Anyway...stay cool...

Have fun,

Jman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast