Thread: Smart Phones - Not the Smartest Idea

Smart Phones - Not the Smartest Idea

An interesting article. Every time you say hello, you may be saying goodbye to your privacy.

http://money.ca.msn.com/investing/mi...entid=25021436
    LISA'S FRIEND

a fact,there is a tracking device in I-phones and a lot of other gadgets too,what can you do,we said goodby to privacy many years ago...

I think every modern cellphone made, with or without all the email, web and other features has some type of internal GPS that can be tracked. If you watch CSI, you would know this, haha. There is no privacy anymore. If you're on facebook, online, on cell, doesn't matter. You can be found by a tech geek or the authorites. Even people who get investigated for something, all of sudden all their text msgs come back to haunt them. Big brother...watchin. I have no use for the smart phones, my old Motorola flip never drops calls, excellent audio quality and is on a good network. Smart phones are larger too, not that convenient. Stupd I-Pad, the thing's as big as a Buick, might as well bring a laptop with you? What's the deal with that thing? Can't be selling that well. My 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by link72 View Post
    I think every modern cellphone made, with or without all the email, web and other features has some type of internal GPS that can be tracked. If you watch CSI, you would know this, haha. There is no privacy anymore.
    Right you are link72. Those who think differently are in denial. It all depends on who wants to find you and how hard they are willing to look. George Orwell wrote a book "1984"...its amazing how close our technology brings us to the reality of his fiction sometimes.
    Hmmm...

Have fun,

Jman
    Enjoy life my friends....

Tracking off!

I have a very basic phone. It does have a tracking device. Fortunately, it can be turned off.

That's the first thing I did...

Now! If Big Brother has a way of turning it back on without me knowing it... Well! That's just cheating!!!

YoungBob
    Last edited by YoungBob; 08-03-2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: adding something cleaver!

Recreational User
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBob View Post
    I have a very basic phone. It does have a tracking device. Fortunately, it can be turned off.

That's the first thing I did...

Now! If Big Brother has a way of turning it back on without me knowing it... Well! That's just cheating!!!

YoungBob
    they don't have to turn it on, triangulation between cell towers can give a pretty exact location. For me, it is a big whatever, if someone wants to track me, they can. I don't go anywhere interesting.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad. There's an app for that!

Orson Wells,Jules Verne,scary...the guys were off only a few years.On millions of years that is pretty accurate..I can't even guess my next week!...