Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Laws in Canada

  1. #1

    Laws in Canada

    i couldnt find a thread on this but have seen multiple conflicting infos on the web. what is the law in quebec concerning masage parlours and hjs? and if u get busted in a mp getting fs, is it a fine, jail time, or a criminal record?

    >>> EDITED BY MOD 11: Title changed from "Quebec" to "Canada", to avoid confusion, since prostitution is under federal jurisdiction and, in this case, the same laws applies all over Canada. <<<
    Last edited by Mod 11; 08-16-2010 at 10:51 AM.

  2. #2
    Make sure your signage is in French and that you make a contribution to the Precinct Commander's retirement fund and you should be fine.

  3. #3
    Prostitution is 100% legal anywhere in Canada. Incalls are illegal because the room used for incall become a bawdy house. In that case, the act of prostitution is still legal, what's illegal is the use of the room for prostitution on a regular base, by a prostitute. Also illegal is public solicitation and for a pimp to live of the prostitute's earnings. Outcalls are 100% legal, as long as nothing else illegal is involved.

    For massage parlors, real massage places are legal, of course. Places where you can get a HJ are tolerated because a previous judgment (in Ontario?) said it wasn't prostitution. As soon as more than a HJ is provided, the same as for incalls applies, it become a bawdy house. Will it get busted and when? Nobody know. Add to this all the municipal by-laws and it's as 10-4 said.

    All that said, I'm no lawyer, just an informed hobbyist. I might be wright, maybe not. Nobody should use what I wrote and go bragging at a cop who's busting their favorite MP/incall place. In doubt, ask a real lawyer who specialize in that kind of stuff.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    between you and "them"
    Posts
    336
    And more,you cannot sollicit in public:is newspaper,internet ,public or private?How about conversation on a land line as opposed to a cell phone?How about agreement for sex versus money made by a third party,receptionist,boyfriend,agent?It is much trickier than it looks...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-4Roger View Post
    As far as HJ in massage parlors, the judge in Ontario said: "The payment of money was for a full-body massage. The act of masturbation was optional, at no additional fee..."...
    thats why we give them a "tip" and not a fee On top of the paiement for the full body massage.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    between you and "them"
    Posts
    336
    I suppose those places "declare" their employees to Revenu Canada and they also have unemployment insurance,workman's comp and all...
    Considering many of the ladies we meet in those places have either no work visas (chinese,russian,mexican,...) or are on welfare,i wonder how harder it is for them to recruit.

  7. #7
    thanks for the info eveyone. i seem to remembber reading that u cant even be caught in a 'bawdy house'. does anyone have any info on this?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    thanks for the info eveyone. i seem to remembber reading that u cant even be caught in a 'bawdy house'. does anyone have any info on this?
    Of course you can! You just don't want to be caught in one... Seriously, if you're there during a bust, you better have a good explanation if you don't feel like dealing with the law...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-4Roger View Post
    What ever will be said or write here or on internet will be "obsolete" because of the new law enforcement stating that keeping (and be in) a bawdy house is now a "serious offence".
    https://merb.cc/vbulletin//showthrea...highlight=feds
    What does that really mean in application ? Let me just say , TOFT is not in my plan .
    Roger, you should be more carefull with what you write on legal stuff. What you say is just not true. It is going to be a serious offence ONLY for criminal organizations. If you are in the bawdy house as a client, it will not change anything for you. The "new law" is tougher for the organized crime, not the sp nor the client.

  10. #10
    ummmm

    so, if i'm with a masseuse, getting a HJ in a parlor that is deemed a bawdy house, and the police come in, am i in trouble?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-4Roger View Post
    At the moment there will be 3 persons it will be consider a gang , so , the receptionnist , the masseuse and you. BINGO ! you are 3.

    Next...
    Absolutely false! It takes more than that to be considered a gang.

    Next...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-4Roger View Post
    Anyone of us here can't say how the Court will interprete the new definitions of "serious offence" if the Crown and the law enforcement agencies can make the case. One thing we do know for sure is that we are playing on a very thin line. Future will tell. By the mean time, have fun and hobby safely.
    You were not talking about the definitions of the "serious offence". You were talking about the definition of a criminal organization. You said:

    Quote Originally Posted by 10-4Roger View Post
    At the moment there will be 3 persons it will be consider a gang , so , the receptionnist, the masseuse and you. BINGO ! you are 3.
    You omitted the second important part of the definition:

    “The Criminal Code (subsection 467.1(1)) defines "criminal organization" to mean a group, however organized, that:

    is composed of three or more persons in or outside Canada; and

    has as one of its main purposes or main activities the facilitation or commission of one or more serious offences that, if committed, would likely result in the direct or indirect receipt of a material benefit, including a financial benefit, by the group or by any of the persons who constitute the group.”


    A criminal organization commits “serious offences”. A serious offence is not something interpreted by the Court. A serious offence is simply an offence punishable by 5 years or more of imprisonment. Crimes in regards of prostitution are not serious offences (except, thank God, living on the avails of a minor), however the judges may interpret them. There is NO new definitions of a serious offence in the new regulation, neither a new definition of what a criminal organization is. The new regulation simply stipulates that a series of 11 crimes that are not serious offences will become serious offences IF committed by a criminal organization.

    Now, suppose you owe a massage parlor with two other guys. You are all respectful citizens, linked in no way to a criminal organization. You get busted because some people complain that some girls provide prostitution services in your “salon”. Suppose that the police has gathered sufficient evidence and that the Crown succeeds in having you condemned under 210 (operating a brothel) Does that make you a criminal organization from now on? NO! You have just committed a crime that is not a defined as a serious offence. IT REMAINS THE SAME. If the Crown wants the judge to convict you of a serious offence, it will HAVE TO prove otherwise that you are a criminal organization.

    Read carefully the backgrounder provided by the Department of Justice Canada: http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/news-no...doc_32532.html

    “Anyone of us here can't say how the Court…” will render justice, but anyone with a bit a reading ability can certainly see that the Court has no ground, whatsoever, in the new regulation, to consider a party of three consisting of a client, a receptionist and a sex worker as a criminal organization just because they were found in a bawdy house.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    ummmm

    so, if i'm with a masseuse, getting a HJ in a parlor that is deemed a bawdy house, and the police come in, am i in trouble?
    Yes. If you are intolerant to risk, stay with the massage parlors well reviewed here and where there seems to be less extras. They are very easy to find in Québec City: they are the ones where you pay the total amount (usually around 90$ for one hour) at the entrance.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    between you and "them"
    Posts
    336
    Note: "found in a bawdy house"the crime commited by anyone being there and "knowing" what is happening; "Keeping a bawdy house" running it .A gang are the 3 or more people(owner,manager,x number of masseuses...)that plots to commit a serious offence(keeping a bawdy house)for financial gain...They will not have to prove it is a serious offence,it will be one,but prove that you are a criminal organization,not easy,i agree.Now the weakness of this for prosecution is "what is prostitution?"
    “Two definitions of prostitution are as follows: - the offering of the body to indiscriminate lewdness for hire as per the Oxford dictionary, (3d) 1973,
    or in the words of the Ontario Court of Appeal in R. v. DiPaola:

    “The word involves the offering of a person’s body for the purpose of sexual intercourse or other sexual gratification in return for payment”.”

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-4Roger View Post
    Therefore , for most of us here nothing is changed , it's business as usual
    Exactly. Ça a pris du temps, mais t'as fini par comprendre.[/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by 10-4Roger View Post
    , all this is only a smoke show .
    It is mainly an electoral show choregraphed on this precise music:

    http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/view...eal_with_gangs.

    But if it really helps fighting criminal organizations, it's a good show.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •