Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good by the slice pizza place.

Looking for a good by the slice pizza place.

I am looking for a good place for pizza by the slice. I use to know a few good places that offered pretty good all dressed pizza for a reasonable price, but they all closed up. I guess they put too much toppings and made no profit. Any good by the slice pizza places still around?

Place Tevere various mall locations.
    Stay thirsty my friends

I would stay away from pizza served by arabs or asians.
    Stay thirsty my friends

Veteran of Misadventures
    There is a place on Sherbrooke, not far from the intersection with Parc, walking towards the Holiday Inn Midtown and on the same side of the street. I don't know the name of the place but it is decent/serviceable and not total crap. I believe it is operated by Arabs though.

Forget slices Amelio's on Milton is the best, IMHO.
    Captain out!

Yes but who makes the best pizza in a cup?

There's a pizza place on Guy street right next to the Tim Horton's on DeMaisonneuve. It's operated by arabs but you know what, we're in the 21st century and other cultures can cook as well.

That said, I lived in Vancouver a dozen years ago, and THEIR pizza by the slice was miles above what we have here...

Veteran of Misadventures
    Generally the pizza in Montreal that I have had is of much poorer quality than what I am used to back home. I grew up on Sally's and Pepe's in Connecticut where pizza as we know it was invented. It's the same thing in Florida: you can't get good pizza there.

That's why this is a legitimate thread. Good pizza of any kind is hard to find in Montreal. I would go so far as to say decent pizza is hard to find, whether by the pie or slice.

The worst pizza I ever had in my life was served to me while on vacation in Montreal, at the bar of the Delta-President Kennedy. I ordered a full pie with several toppings and it was so disgusting I could not even finish one slice. It was gross. It is the only time I can ever remember sending back a meal in Montreal, then leaving the restaurant and eating dinner elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by shijak View Post
    That said, I lived in Vancouver a dozen years ago, and THEIR pizza by the slice was miles above what we have here...
    I always have problems with pizza by the slice. I don't know with what it's made (probably low quality chesse and toxic tomato sauce) but I'm vitually unable to digest that kind of junk food.
    Thanks God, the concept of pizza by the slice doesn't exist yet in São Paulo, the mondial capital of pizza (more than a million served each day).

http://www.helium.com/items/1529284-...l-of-the-world
    ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

I don't think there are any good pizza by the slice places around, they all seem to be el cheapo 2 for 1 and double pizza places.

The best places are the mom and pop places that have been open for at least 30 years. If they've been open for 30 years, chances are they serve a good pizza pie. Only problem is that once mom and pop retire or pass away the restaurant closes and the secrets of a good pizza pie are not passed on to the newer generation.
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

The place on Guy is called AL-Taib and I believe it is good pizza (always fresh) and it is 24hrs.

By the way here is a long discussion on montreal pizza: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/369...n_module_small

Most of the pizza in montreal is not even italian, mostly lebanese, iraqi kurd.
    The globalization of pizza is fascinating. Greeks seem to operate a lot of the pizza joints where I live in the States.

It's operated by arabs but you know what, we're in the 21st century and other cultures can cook as well.
    Very true. One of the best pizzas that I ever had out was at a range bar in rural Montana. If you know anything about ethnic settlement patterns in the U.S., you'll know that Montana isn't exactly the epicenter of Italian culture. With that concession having been made, I will say that the very best pizza that I ever had was made by my mum (who happens to be Italian).

Generally the pizza in Montreal that I have had is of much poorer quality than what I am used to back home. I grew up on Sally's and Pepe's in Connecticut where pizza as we know it was invented.
    Not surprising. Connecticut (along with NY,NJ, and RI) is to Italian Americans what Quebec is to French Canadians. Not only is the pizza better there, so are the cannolis. You can't have it all. What Montreal lacks in pizza it makes up for in pussy - a fair tradeoff, in my opinion.

For all those complaining about bas pizza in Montreal. I will suggest DiMenas on Jarry Street. Best pizza in Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPicard View Post
    Forget slices Amelio's on Milton is the best, IMHO.
    Captain out!
    Amelio's is the best but I didnt mention it because sadly they dont serve by the slice
    Stay thirsty my friends

You can get a good slice at the tiny pizza counter on De La Montagne, close to Ste Catherine. It's right across the street from Rosalie/Club 1234. I think it's called Da Giovanni.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast