Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Mafia finished? Or are the wars just starting?

Is the Mafia finished? Or are the wars just starting?

I am surprised that people are so quiet about the news of the day. Who will emerge as the controling group in organized crime?

It's more like the Rizzuto family is finished. The question is who has the power, network, and connections to import large quantities of drugs for these smaller gangs to distribute. I doubt that a bunch of kids hanging out on a street corner in St Michel has the power to do that.
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    It's more like the Rizzuto family is finished. The question is who has the power, network, and connections to import large quantities of drugs for these smaller gangs to distribute. I doubt that a bunch of kids hanging out on a street corner in St Michel has the power to do that.
    The "ndrangheta"(Calabrian Mafia) has the power to do that:

http://newenglandorganizedcrime.com/...canada-part-1/
    http://newenglandorganizedcrime.com/...investigators/
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by MTL Expos View Post
    I am surprised that people are so quiet about the news of the day. Who will emerge as the controling group in organized crime?
    Quiet ? thing is we know that this more about than just the 'mafia'.

An expert on tv said that for them to knock off a guy so old and so high, there must have been permission from the guys in NY no one would dare to do such a high profile hit without permission.

My guess is the new guard is already in place, and the old guard is being shuffled out one at a time.

The service was held in the Madonna Della Difesa Church.

Sunlight filled the church, illuminating the fresco that blends religious imagery with more modern portraits, including Italian dictator Benito Mussolini on horseback.

Nice.

Jacques Duchesneau denied the corruption allegations Thursday that forced him to step aside temporarily as head of a Quebec anti-corruption unit."

Montreal hotel doormen charged with extortion

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...axi-fares.html

I understand the Calabraise use to be in charge anf the Sicilians took over in a blood bath, now the Calabraise are taking back the shop.

The cops put most of the bikers in prison, now they are going after the mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
    I understand the Calabraise use to be in charge anf the Sicilians took over in a blood bath, now the Calabraise are taking back the shop.
    Like I said... there is more than meets the eye !
    Wait and see !

The Haitian and Hispanic gangs are disorganized. The bikers are shattered by the law, and the Mafia is internally fractured.

W Five on the CBC, Jan 28 @ 9:00pm will have a documentary on the Rizutto family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast